Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:11:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Haha Tape IV. Buy in?

Started by Johnny Textface, August 18, 2017, 07:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Hmm... they've all been seen on the forum in the last 24 hours. Given that PMs might not get through if you're blocking pop ups, maybe we should see what threads they're posting in (if at all) and remind them there.

NoSleep

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Hey guys this a yes, sorry. Give me two weeks? Probably best not to read my other posts in this thread God knows what else I promised in the past

thraxx

Sorry for not seeing the PM.  I have about 4 different and completely different songs on the go for this.  Not helped by my hard drive dying before xmas and having to recover loads of shit.

Bottom line - I am miles away from being finished. 

I am moving house at the end of May and I guess it will have to be done one way or another by then as I will have no access to any of my gear for about 6 months.  I apologise for being an ABSOLUTE shit bulb.

hummingofevil

Ive got a few things I was working on but not sure fit with the bit of the film. Keep flim flaming over what to contribute. If we have a final deadline deadline I will definitely have something. I'm away to Scotland for this week then off to Wales for Machynlleth on first weekend in May so I'll sent you whatever I have by end of this month. 2 weeks.

NoSleep

Quote from: hummingofevil on April 12, 2019, 06:34:04 PM
Ive got a few things I was working on but not sure fit with the bit of the film. Keep flim flaming over what to contribute. If we have a final deadline deadline I will definitely have something. I'm away to Scotland for this week then off to Wales for Machynlleth on first weekend in May so I'll sent you whatever I have by end of this month. 2 weeks.

The film clip is no kind of clincher. Feel inspired by it to any degree that doesn't hamper the creative process. You don't have to fit it to the film.

falafel

Sorry. I missed all this. Life continues to get in the way. I did say to assume I was out back in whenever. I am on holiday with a laptop right now so if I can get it done in the next fortnight I will, though I am pretty sure I have lost the original so it might be a completely different composition. If i can't do it on holiday, I'm out.

hummingofevil

Quote from: NoSleep on April 12, 2019, 06:59:04 PM
The film clip is no kind of clincher. Feel inspired by it to any degree that doesn't hamper the creative process. You don't have to fit it to the film.

It was more vibes than anything more specific. My part of the film has a very specific plot point where there are a couple of mood shifts to it and I kinda wanted to get that vibe in the music. Might need a bit of Ableton cut-and-shit. Edit: I mean't cut-and-shut but shit is probably more appropriate. :)

NoSleep

Quote from: falafel on April 13, 2019, 06:54:14 AM
Sorry. I missed all this. Life continues to get in the way. I did say to assume I was out back in whenever. I am on holiday with a laptop right now so if I can get it done in the next fortnight I will, though I am pretty sure I have lost the original so it might be a completely different composition. If i can't do it on holiday, I'm out.

I really hope you get it done, as your contribution will be sorely missed (based on your previous fine offerings).

falafel

Johnny Textface

I feel this project is drawing to close. How exciting. Pencil release date in for 2020

gabrielconroy

Sorry, I've been away in Islay and generally occupied before that. I'll send something this weekend and that will be that.

the

Hey, it's the Easter holiday.

Excerpt of final cover art

01A)Dr Syntax Head  -  "I'm hoping to get it done this weekend, it shouldn't actually take long"
      01B)McFlymo  -  Done
      02)jonnycuba  -  Done
      03)gabrielconroy  -  "I'll send something this weekend and that will be that"
      04)Beagle 2  -  Done
      05)drummersaredeaf  -  Done
      06)NoSleep  -  Editing and mixing
      07)Phil_A  -  Done
      08)Dusty Gozongas  -  Done (possible alternative version pending)
      09)falafel  -  "if I can get it done in the next fortnight I will"
      10)Rich Uncle Skeleton  -  "Give me two weeks?"
      11)the  -  Done
      12)Johnny Textface  -  Done
      13)ArtParrott  -  Done
      14)Petey Pate  -  Done
      15)hummingofevil  -  "I'll send you whatever I have by end of this month. 2 weeks"
      16)thraxx  -  "... end of May and I guess it will have to be done one way or another by then"

- If your name is in bold red, please finish a track

Johnny Textface

Could make it a double album?

NoSleep

Did some work on mine over the weekend.

hummingofevil

Right. Got a free day. Going to try to finish it. It not then god knows when. Godspeed.

falafel

So I think I'll have to leave mine at the demo I sent to Nosleep. It's not terrible but it was done on a specific pair of headphones and doesn't sound great on anything else and i can't find the original file to play around with levels and EQ etc.

Johnny Textface

Quote from: falafel on May 01, 2019, 09:00:18 AM
So I think I'll have to leave mine at the demo I sent to Nosleep. It's not terrible but it was done on a specific pair of headphones and doesn't sound great on anything else and i can't find the original file to play around with levels and EQ etc.

Lo fi is in after all.

Beagle 2

That leaves six of yers. Reckon we could we get it done by the end of the month? There's two bank holidays!

Rich Uncle Skeleton

bit melodramatic but I've had my days off basically taken away this week since nobody else is around to work, next time off will be wednesday afternoon but I'm dicking around with it in the evenings. what do I need to do? am I still sending it to someone or just the final mix to nosleep?

NoSleep

Just get it finished (but don't rush it). Send the final mix to me (24-bit; not all loudenated on the final buss). If you were due to send it on to somebody else as a taster, that idea is way past its sell-by date.

hummingofevil

Did loads of work on my track but have totally redone it (and learned some new production techniques). I have something to contribute but going to sit on it for a a bit and give it another listen.

NoSleep. Am I closing the album? Or did whoever had the last few minutes reappear? I have something that is an album closer but if not I will go with a shorter option. :)

Edit: Sorry Thrax. Just read back. Okay. I will try to keep it short as penultimate tune.

NoSleep

Make it the length it needs to be as a piece on its own. I'm not sure how long this album is going to be but I'm not going to even worry about about whether it all fits on one CD this time around. Could well be the length of the movie for all I know.

Johnny Textface

I might try and cut the film to the soundtrack. It wouldn't make any sense but maybe we have given it a new narrative.

the

My track is about the same length as my clip of the film, causing NoSleep to ask if it syncs up. Just a coincidence, but I did check afterwards to see if it does.

It doesn't. :)

Johnny Textface

Quote from: the on May 03, 2019, 02:06:22 PM
My track is about the same length as my clip of the film, causing NoSleep to ask if it syncs up. Just a coincidence, but I did check afterwards to see if it does.

It doesn't. :)

Mine definitely doesn't - I just got the feel of it from watching my clip then just ran with what I had.

Beagle 2

Quote from: Johnny Textface on May 03, 2019, 09:07:18 AM
I might try and cut the film to the soundtrack. It wouldn't make any sense but maybe we have given it a new narrative.

Yeah this would be amazing!

the

Would be nice if this came out in time for summer.

NoSleep

We're still getting frost around here.