Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:07:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Haha Tape IV. Buy in?

Started by Johnny Textface, August 18, 2017, 07:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the

Quote from: the on May 07, 2019, 09:42:13 AMWould be nice if this came out in time for summer.

Quote from: NoSleep on May 07, 2019, 10:27:53 AMWe're still getting frost around here.

So am I mate, so am I.

Any update from:

•  Dr Syntax Head
      •  gabrielconroy
      •  NoSleep
      •  falafel
      •  Rich Uncle Skeleton
      •  hummingofevil
      •  thraxx

?

NoSleep

falafel has sent me his original demo for final release, which I'll be doing my best with.

the

♫   GIVE ME JUST A LITTLE MORE TIME   ♫

Quote from: the on May 12, 2019, 03:39:45 AMAny update from:

•  Dr Syntax Head
      •  gabrielconroy
      •  NoSleep
      •  Rich Uncle Skeleton
      •  hummingofevil
      •  thraxx

?

Petey Pate

I dare ask, but would anyone else be interested in releasing a supplementary remix EP? I've already remixed my track, which would be featured on a hypothetical single. However, if anyone else has remixed their track there could be enough material for an EP. We could even remix each other's tracks if we really wanted to delay the release date.

the

Quote from: Petey Pate on May 20, 2019, 11:25:22 AMI dare ask, but would anyone else be interested in releasing a supplementary remix EP? I've already remixed my track, which would be featured on a hypothetical single. However, if anyone else has remixed their track there could be enough material for an EP. We could even remix each other's tracks if we really wanted to delay the release date.

Well it goes without saying, if anyone's done an alternative version of theirs or an additional track, hold onto it for now and we could put it out afterwards on an extra release (as you suggest).

Same goes for if anyone wants to remix a track that's on the album - once it's out and we can all hear it then inspiration may strike the remixers among us.

the

Any chance of progressing this?

the

•  Dr Syntax Head
      •  gabrielconroy
      •  NoSleep
      •  Rich Uncle Skeleton
      •  hummingofevil
      •  thraxx

- Is work at a standstill?

NoSleep

the

NoSleep

Who knows?

falafel has delivered a final mix of his tune, though; much appreciated.

gabrielconroy

I've finally sent something along. Sorry for the ridiculous delay, and unfortunately I didn't change anything in all that time except turning the reverb down a bit just now.

I'd just got a digital piano when I did it originally so went for something a bit silent cinema/Scriabiny. Sort of wish now I'd gone for a mad acid synth track but at least that's another name to cross off the red list.

the

Bless you, gabrielconroy.

01A)Dr Syntax Head  -  "I'm hoping to get it done this weekend, it shouldn't actually take long"
      01B)McFlymo  -  Done
      02)jonnycuba  -  Done
      03)gabrielconroy  -  Done
      04)Beagle 2  -  Done
      05)drummersaredeaf  -  Done
      06)NoSleep  -  Editing and mixing
      07)Phil_A  -  Done
      08)Dusty Gozongas  -  Done
      09)falafel  -  Done
      10)Rich Uncle Skeleton  -  "I'm dicking around with it in the evenings"
      11)the  -  Done
      12)Johnny Textface  -  Done
      13)ArtParrott  -  Done
      14)Petey Pate  -  Done
      15)hummingofevil  -  "going to sit on it for a a bit and give it another listen"
      16)thraxx  -  "... end of May and I guess it will have to be done one way or another by then"

So, album masterer aside, that leaves:

•  Dr Syntax Head
      •  Rich Uncle Skeleton
      •  hummingofevil
      •  thraxx

Are you tweaking the reverb?

Dr Syntax Head

I got robbed a month ago and lost my recording equipment (and every piece of music i had) i can't make music at the moment

NoSleep

Sorry to hear that. There's no problem this end; maybe I'll add your old 128kbps version to the collection as a bonus track at the end.

Still not heard from Dusty's mate; will have to work with the last version that Dusty sent me.

the

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on June 20, 2019, 01:47:05 PMI got robbed a month ago and lost my recording equipment (and every piece of music i had) i can't make music at the moment

Gah, that's horrible Dr Syntax Head, sorry that's happened to you.

In light of that, if you go on to decide that you'll make no further input then let us know and we'll un-red you.

FYI NoSleep, I nudged the remaining contributors a couple of days ago for an update (as nothing's really been said since the start of May).

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Got your PM the other day, sorry I didn't reply been a shit week. Few more days and I'll send it over.

gabrielconroy

Are we near touching distance of the finish on this then? The height of summer seems a fitting time to release this soundtrack to a black and white Russian sci-fi film from the 1920s.

the

Quote from: gabrielconroy on June 30, 2019, 10:59:33 PMAre we near touching distance of the finish on this then?

Good christ I hope so.

Mastering will take a while, which NoSleep will be kindly fitting into his schedule.

But we need delivered tracks from the remaining participants before mastering can begin.

gabrielconroy

Mr Skeleton?
Humming?
thraxx?

the

I PMed thraxx and Rich Uncle Skeleton on July 2nd just for a conversational update, they haven't responded to me. thraxx hasn't been online since that day though.

I was waiting on an update from thraxx before messaging hummingofevil, as hummingofevil mentioned that they had an alternative track for a potential album closer, and thraxx's reply could clarify which way to go there.

Johnny Textface

Closing in on two years for this. I think if we do another one we should have a strict deadline to get the tracks to NoSleep. If you don't deliver by the date then that's it.

NoSleep

Or a race (with more contributors than places on the final album).

the

FWIW about a year ago I wanted to start an adjacent album collaboration thingy (a slightly more directional/prescriptive/expeditious one), but in the end I elected not to as I didn't want it to distract from getting this one done.

falafel

I think we may have to write off thraxx , but did you get a reply from the other two? Looks like they are both still active.

NoSleep

I'm pretty much done on mine (will use any waiting time on the others to do some final little tweaks, just because I can). Let's find out what is keeping the others.

the

For transparency - just an addendum to this:

Quote from: the on July 12, 2019, 11:00:49 AMI PMed thraxx and Rich Uncle Skeleton on July 2nd just for a conversational update, they haven't responded to me. thraxx hasn't been online since that day though.

I was waiting on an update from thraxx before messaging hummingofevil, as hummingofevil mentioned that they had an alternative track for a potential album closer, and thraxx's reply could clarify which way to go there.

I additionally contacted Dr Syntax Head on that day, to see if they wished to be taken off the 'awaiting submissions' list (considering what happened) - they didn't respond, but note that they've not been online since June 20th (the day they posted about the theft).

I still haven't messaged hummingofevil.

hummingofevil

Right. Give me a couple of days.

the

Rich Uncle Skeleton, can you check in with us please?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Sorry , tomorrow (the track, not the progress update)

NoSleep

Received. So we're just going to wait for hummingofevil, then?