Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 775
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:17:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Haha Tape IV. Buy in?

Started by Johnny Textface, August 18, 2017, 07:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Textface

hummingofevil

I'm back home tomorrow night. Will just need to export it into file and I'll send it.

Johnny Textface

hummingofevil

Oh man. I've fucked it. Done a Father Ted. Few final tweeks and I've tapped it to death. My brain gone to shit. Will report back in the morning. Literally what was an big noise ambient track now has amen breaks and fucking fire alarms on it. I've gone frigging loopy (literally).

I've got day off tomorrow so let me sleep on it. No more fucking about. So sorry.

the

Quote from: hummingofevil on July 29, 2019, 01:14:13 AMLiterally what was an big noise ambient track now has amen breaks and fucking fire alarms on it.

No complaints here :)

Just add a sax solo and you're good to go

Petey Pate

Nah what he wants to do with that right, is put a bangin' donk onnit.

Delighted that this project is almost complete.

hummingofevil

I took a donk off it and sorted it and uploaded it and well... by golly... we might just be done.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: hummingofevil
Literally what was an big noise ambient track now has amen breaks and fucking fire alarms on it.

This album's going to be great!

hummingofevil

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on July 30, 2019, 12:05:10 AM
This album's going to be great!

Says a man who clearly has not heard my previous efforts. :)

Nah. I know my limitations but there are always some absolute crackers on these. Beagle 2's ...Peachy from HHT2 is genuinely one of my favourite songs.

gabrielconroy

Lordy, it's over. And just short of the two year mark! Do we have any cover art for this?

NoSleep

Yeah, come on the; what's the delay on the cover art?

Quote from: the on April 18, 2019, 01:32:58 PM
Hey, it's the Easter holiday.

Excerpt of final cover art

the

Yeah, the cover art is done. I think it'll stay under wraps until the release though.

I need to do a banner and some design for the Bandcamp site, but aside from that the final hurdle is NoSleep mastering the album (in amongst his working schedule).

Petey Pate

I also need to think of a track title.

NoSleep

Good point to raise here, Petey.

I'd like everyone to post the title of their track in this thread please and also the artist name if it isn't your usual forum name. I think I have some of them, but clarification of spelling, capitalisation and punctuation would be helpful. We can then publish a full list and proofread it in here before committing it to the bandcamp page.

Johnny Textface

hummingofevil

My artist name (ooo check me) is now Y Groes - pronounced "uuh groy-ss" - and the track needs a more cerebral name so I'll call it "floot"

Y Groes - Floot

It's a long story but whilst I cringe writing that it is by far the least embarrasing thing that has happened to me today so I'll go with it.

:)

the

Quote from: hummingofevil on August 01, 2019, 01:48:29 AMIt's a long story but whilst I cringe writing that it is by far the least embarrasing thing that has happened to me today so I'll go with it.

Quote from: Brian Appleton"Don't worry, you won't be humiliated... but if you are, it won't be as humiliated as I've been over the years."

Beagle 2

Call me Beagle 2 and my track's called Queen of Mars, cheers. Looking forward to this one.

drummersaredeaf and 'Meet Mr. Erlich'

ArtParrott

Artiste name - Pebble Mill
Track title - Gravity

Johnny Textface

Artiste name: Doglike
Track: Mulch

NoSleep

jonnycuba's track will be:

Artist name: Other Mirror
Track title: Mystery of Mars

Mine will be

Artist name: NoSleep
Track title: Kratsov

NoSleep

The previous time Dusty Gozongas (RIP) made a track (for HA HA TAPE! 2) his artist name was Gökçekent, which we can use again. But I don't have more than a working title for his new track ("Aelita"/"Aelita2"). I have not received any replies from his friend, who was meant to be tweaking the eqs on the track, but the final ("un-eq'd") version Dusty sent me is in excellent order, so I can master from that. Maybe name the track Untitled.

NoSleep

I've found a soundcloud account that looks likely to be Dusty's mate so I've messaged him to contact me. Could well be he lost my contact info or had a hard drive die on him, so probably worth a try (I'm not going to wait forever; just a courtesy to Dusty's wishes).

Johnny Textface

Has the mastering process begun now?

NoSleep

It's been ongoing as I've received tracks but won't be ready to finalise until I've reviewed jonnycuba's track (which I'm mixing) as we both agree it could be approached differently. I'm also awaiting the final word from Dusty's mate.

Phil_A

Artist name: Wireless World
Track name: Hidden Apparatus

falafel

Quote from: NoSleep on August 02, 2019, 10:29:28 AM
The previous time Dusty Gozongas (RIP) made a track (for HA HA TAPE! 2) his artist name was Gökçekent, which we can use again. But I don't have more than a working title for his new track ("Aelita"/"Aelita2"). I have not received any replies from his friend, who was meant to be tweaking the eqs on the track, but the final ("un-eq'd") version Dusty sent me is in excellent order, so I can master from that. Maybe name the track Untitled.

Working title on the ver he sent me was 'The freezing of the third(and Aelitas Lullaby)'

NoSleep

Thanks for that. That title reflects Dusty's portion of the film; "the freezing of the third" being the freezing and storing of the Martian workers and "Aelita's lullaby" when we see her playing a harp-like instrument later.

So Dusty's track is

Artist's name: Gökçekent

Track title: The Freezing of the Third (and Aelita's Lullaby) (see below)

NoSleep

Update: I just decided to look back through my pm's and found the following from Dusty, which I had completely forgotten:

Quote from: Dusty Gozongas on October 07, 2018, 02:01:37 PMAs a title, I'm plumping for:

The Freezing, A Lullaby And The Device Destroyed

Basically, my composition is the first three scenes of my segment. I want to be sure that this is the point in the movie that the device is actually destroyed. Also, I recall that the track before mine used the word "device" and I was wishing for continuity of terminology iyswim. No biggie really but I'm a bit anal like that :)