Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:43:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2017 THE FINAL: hedgehog90 vs Spoon of Ploff

Started by hedgehog90, August 19, 2017, 12:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on August 23, 2017, 10:49:48 PM
ah shit. i uploaded the one with the wrong ICC Profile. The colours' will look drab in most browsers.... any chance I can switch to the correct image? its the same, just the balloon is a brighter pink?

Do you really want me to change my vote?

selectivememory

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on August 23, 2017, 10:49:48 PM
ah shit. i uploaded the one with the wrong ICC Profile. The colours' will look drab in most browsers.... any chance I can switch to the correct image? its the same, just the balloon is a brighter pink?

Yeah, of course! Can you edit the post with the shot in rather than post it again on this page? Just be better to keep all the shots on page one.

Black Ship

Spoon of Ploff. Although Hedgehog's 3rd shot was a belter, Sploff just edged it.

Spoon of Ploff

um. actually it looks okay after all. chrome, waterfox and opera. just my local windows image display playing silly buggers.

sorry about that.

not an attempt to disrupt proceedings.. honestly.

selectivememory

Mr Eggs

pancreas

Can someone please explain the references in h90's last. I'm going to need to think very carefully.

Cerys

I'm may have to abstain.  Spoon of Ploff's first return was a stunner, but hedgehog90 was better overall.  My immediate choice would be to vote for Spoon for that return, but I can't work out if that instinct is tinged with the fact that I want my vanquisher to win the tournament just so I feel better about losing.

selectivememory

I think Spoon of Ploff just edges it. hedgehog90's third almost swung it for him, but I think Ploff was slightly better overall.

It really is a belter of a final.

zomgmouse

Howj Begg

hedgehog90 

Opener is a masterpiece, and The Star-Brucie is also magnificent/cosmically terrifying

BlodwynPig

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 24, 2017, 12:03:48 AM
Easy choice: h90

3/3 vs 2/3

Too much politeness. Unless I really missed something...Hedgehog's second was lazy. What the hell is that poster? I thought 2001 but google images shows elements but not the full thing...embryo above the earth movie poster comes up with nothing - but its iconic, isn't it?

So, if its just a overlayed image of Brucie in an embryonic sac...it suffers greatly. His last was brilliant though.

Cerys

zomgmouse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 24, 2017, 01:16:45 AM
Too much politeness. Unless I really missed something...Hedgehog's second was lazy. What the hell is that poster? I thought 2001 but google images shows elements but not the full thing...embryo above the earth movie poster comes up with nothing - but its iconic, isn't it?

So, if its just a overlayed image of Brucie in an embryonic sac...it suffers greatly. His last was brilliant though.

It's one of the final - and iconic - images from 2001: A Space Odyssey, with the baby in the orb, arguably a reborn form of the astronaut.

Ploff's reply was the one I thought was a bit lazy, to be honest - the "full of stars" joke referring to celebrities is one I've thought of/heard before and the image editing felt a bit slapdash. The other two were absolutely brilliant, mind you.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: pancreas on August 23, 2017, 11:48:50 PM
Can someone please explain the references in h90's last. I'm going to need to think very carefully.

It's one of the final scenes of 2001 (just before the star-baby, in fact) with Ken Dodd's Diddymen and the TV screen shopped in, plus the figure in the bed suitably altered.

That makes it sound very mundane, which it definitely isn't.

WARNING: the following links potentially spoil the ending of 2001 in a way that the 'shops don't.

EDIT to add image for pancreas:
http://screenmusings.org/movie/dvd/2001-A-Space-Odyssey/images/2001-A-Space-Odyssey-300.jpg

EDIT 2 for BlodwynPig: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/horrornews.net/48518/film-review-2001-a-space-odyssey-1968/amp/

https://www.quora.com/What-if-deja-vu-is-the-result-of-time-travel-and-changes-to-events-that-occur-thereafter

(Apologies for article links rather than image links, you can bamlem Photobukcet.)

hedgehog90

This shot is what I based #2 on and it's pretty iconic. I couldn't use it as a basis though due to the angle of the child and dimensions (rules state 8:6 or 6:8), so I had to bash something together that looked similar and fit.

I also included the space station which features prominently in the artwork as an additional clue just in case it wasn't immediately gettable.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: hedgehog90 on August 24, 2017, 03:35:46 AM
This shot is what I based #2 on and it's pretty iconic.

Yup, it is, and was instantly gettable for me, and would have been even if we hadn't had two prior 2001 shots.

I nearly posted that one too, but figured people would have had enough of bad article links by then.

Spoon of Ploff

Oi. Wimblewrongs should stand or fall on their own.

Explanations and reference reveals should be saved for after voting.

Its a choice the player makes.. asking the question 'will they get this?'

Signed Mr Grumpy Pants.

zomgmouse

Ah, fair point. I can't edit my above post anymore but if someone else can do that then please go ahead.

spamwangler

selectivememory

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on August 24, 2017, 05:39:50 AM
Oi. Wimblewrongs should stand or fall on their own.

Explanations and reference reveals should be saved for after voting.

Its a choice the player makes.. asking the question 'will they get this?'

Signed Mr Grumpy Pants.

It is a bit late now, but yeah, this is absolutely right; it's generally not Wimblewrong etiquette to explain the shots before voting has closed. If you must do it, keep it to PMs.

pancreas

Ah yes. I recognised the first 2001 ref but somehow could only dimly remember the second image. Also, never heard of diddymen. My mother loathed Ken Dodd and he was banished from the house.

I can't get h90's first out my head. It's wonderful. h90.

Small Man Big Horse

It was an amazing game, and a hard decision to make, but for me it's Hedgehog90.

Ploff for the first and last. The Brucie hieroglyphics cracked me up.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: pancreas on August 24, 2017, 10:25:41 AMAlso, never heard of diddymen.

You don't know just how fortunate you are.

Quote from: selectivememory on August 24, 2017, 10:21:47 AM
It is a bit late now, but yeah, this is absolutely right; it's generally not Wimblewrong etiquette to explain the shots before voting has closed. If you must do it, keep it to PMs.

Apologies, I had no idea.  Was just answering pancreas' request, and filling in Blodders while I was here.

I'll bugger off back to GB now, from whence I came.

Bazooka

The Bayeux Tapestry is my all time favourite piece of media, Hedgehog90 has claimed my vote. If I ever had a tattoo it would be the Bayeux Tapestry.

pancreas

I have asked hedgehog by pm for a high-res version of the Brucie Bayeux-ness, if he has one.

Otherwise I want it made please.