Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:00:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2017 THE FINAL: hedgehog90 vs Spoon of Ploff

Started by hedgehog90, August 19, 2017, 12:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 24, 2017, 01:28:07 AM
It's one of the final - and iconic - images from 2001: A Space Odyssey, with the baby in the orb, arguably a reborn form of the astronaut.

Ploff's reply was the one I thought was a bit lazy, to be honest - the "full of stars" joke referring to celebrities is one I've thought of/heard before and the image editing felt a bit slapdash. The other two were absolutely brilliant, mind you.

ah, ok...I don't think I've watched right through to the end...*skulks out of thread* - oh wait, wasn't the monkey's dancing round an obelisk the end? or was that the beginning?...and the buried statue of liberty???

BlodwynPig

Quote from: hedgehog90 on August 24, 2017, 03:35:46 AM
This shot is what I based #2 on and it's pretty iconic. I couldn't use it as a basis though due to the angle of the child and dimensions (rules state 8:6 or 6:8), so I had to bash something together that looked similar and fit.

I also included the space station which features prominently in the artwork as an additional clue just in case it wasn't immediately gettable.

Yes, that's the image I remember - so not so lazy as I first imagined.

*still sploff* sorry

BlodwynPig

The Brucie below the pyramid put me in mind of that Lovecraft story he ghost-wrote for Harry Houdini

Ian Drunken Smurf

greencalx

Absorb the anus burn

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: selectivememory on August 24, 2017, 10:21:47 AM
It is a bit late now, but yeah, this is absolutely right; it's generally not Wimblewrong etiquette to explain the shots before voting has closed. If you must do it, keep it to PMs.

It used to be Wimblewrong etiquette to post links to the source images so that (a) the opponent could incorporate them into their return and (b) the spectators could get an idea of how much of the image was the player's own work. I guess this died off as conceptual links between shots became more important than element links.

Anyway, after much deliberation, I'm going to vote for the hog.

selectivememory

Ah, that's interesting. That must have been a while before I joined the site. I know there isn't a specific rule about it, but I share Spoon of Ploff's opinion that the wrongs should speak for themselves, and I have noticed in recent years at least that players tend to wait until voting is over before explaining or answering any questions.

Anyway, no harm done. I'm sure it hasn't affected the outcome here at all.

Johnny Yesno

Kelvin

selectivememory

I, for one, welcome our new Wimblewrong overlord: congratulations to hedgehog90, who has won the final 17-5! A very deserving champ, I have to say. He produced consistently brilliant work throughout the tournament. A champ CaB can be proud of.

Commiserations to Spoon of Ploff. I thought the score was going to be much closer. But well done on playing a fantastic final all the same.

Thanks to everyone who took part and everyone who voted. Same time next year, yeah?

Cerys

Congratulations, hedgehog90 - both you and Spoon of Ploff played one hell of a match, and I, for one, am proud to have been part of the final result by withholding my vote from it.  Have a big trophy.

Glebe

Just wanted to register my displeasure with those Brucie Wimblewrongs. Cheap, shoddy tack. You lot should be ashamed of yourselves.

hedgehog90

Woohoo! I AM THE BEST!!!
Commiserations to Ploff, you made an excellent opponent and it was a pleasure making so many 'wrong babies with you.
Big thanks to everyone who voted for me, and for that matter everyone who participated (even kittens).
But most of all, lets all thank selectivememory for organising this tournament like an absolute pro.
Get up and take a bow.

kittens

bollocks missed the vote. wouldn't have made a difference either way though would it. congrats h90, but know you only won because i stepped down. you know this to be true. i am the eternal champion

Dex Sawash

Well done, enjoyed all your shots. Too american/thick to understand enough of them fully so didnt vote.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: kittens on August 26, 2017, 12:35:24 PM
bollocks missed the vote. wouldn't have made a difference either way though would it. congrats h90, but know you only won because i stepped down. you know this to be true. i am the eternal champion

pipe down, Elric

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: kittens on August 26, 2017, 12:35:24 PM

Sez the outed vote rigger

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on August 26, 2017, 06:15:42 PM
Sez the outed vote rigger

Have we decided on his punishment yet? And whether it should be financial or physical? Or both?!

Also: Congratulations Hedgehog, your every shot was a stunner this year and you made me laugh a lot, so thank you! And commiserations Ploff, but this is what happens when you flirt and tease but then pull out at the last moment, you dirty whore.

And: Thanks again to SelectiveMemory for running all this. Though I demand a full investigation in to kittens' conduct is carried out before next year's tournament.

kittens

mistakes were made and lessons have been learned. i'm perfectly happy to draw a line under this whole affair and move on

selectivememory

Quote from: hedgehog90 on August 26, 2017, 01:31:42 AM
lets all thank selectivememory for organising this tournament like an absolute pro.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 26, 2017, 08:01:10 PM
And: Thanks again to SelectiveMemory for running all this. Though I demand a full investigation in to kittens' conduct is carried out before next year's tournament.

Cheers, both.

As for kittens, unfortunately it's out of my hands (and believe me, I want nothing more than to retroactively strip him of his 2016 title and slap a five-year ban on him), but as the higher-ups pointed out to me, his disgraceful vote-rigging has never actually affected the outcome of a match. Obviously that doesn't make his actions any less reprehensible, but in light of that I think the feeling is that he ought to be given the opportunity to redeem himself. They won't be tolerating any more funny business though, I can tell you that much.

Personally, I think it's just because he's popular with the youth demographic. If it were me or Cerys or someone else, I doubt they'd be so lenient. 

Cerys

Dex Sawash

Cerys

It is quite calming, isn't it?

That defeated flop of the arm at the end - how can we do anything but love him?

Spoon of Ploff

its a perfect metaphor for his showing in WimbleWrong. I also take great joy in the fact that the cheating cheater of cheatsville has now become the focus of attention in what should be heg90s finest moment.