Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:15:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BRADLEY WALSH will be Doctor Who's companion

Started by chocolate teapot, August 21, 2017, 11:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Is this likely to be true? If so I might be done with Doctor Who.

BlodwynPig

he was in Law and Order, but this is a kids programme so don't know if he'll make the grade

up_the_hampipe

I wonder if he'll encounter any slightly rude names or phrases to laugh way too hard about.

I confuse him with Brian "it's a puppet" Conley. It is going to be a male companion though and my money's on Matthew Horne.

purlieu

JamesTC

purlieu

Cloud

LOL at them emphasising "old enough to be her father" as if that really matters if the companion even was a love interest (pls no)

Taking this with a huuuuuge dose of salt, but I guess they were right about Eccleston leaving back in the day.

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Crying shame that the best roles in television are still going to middle aged white males :(

Urinal Cake

Hopefully Mark 'The Beast' Labbet makes a cameo.

purlieu

Quote from: Cloud on August 22, 2017, 12:08:59 AM
LOL at them emphasising "old enough to be her father"
Given that her character is over 2,000 years old, how old does that make him?

Really though, I think she could well be an excellent Doctor, but it's going to be a task convincing a lot of the public that Jodie Whittaker is more than a bit of novelty stunt casting. How on Earth backing her up with some ridiculous stunt casting like Bradley Walsh would help that is beyond me. Chibnall might have written some bad television, but he's not a fucking moron.

Shaky

Obviously my first reaction to this was, "Oh Jesus, oh shit, what the fuck?!" but having thought about it, it could actually work. Walsh is a decent dramatic actor and the usually awful Catherine Tate worked out in the end.

But pease, though - no Les Dennis in 2019.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Yep, Walsh is a good dramatic actor. This actually sounds like a good idea.

purlieu

Ok, in the desire not to look back over this and think "oh I was a pillock", let's say there's a possibility of it happening. I just realised he was in SJA.

I'm still not convinced though.

Yep, Bradley's first aid will be indispensible to the new Doctor on their adventures.

Glebe

kidsick5000

Why not?
Loads screamed that Catherine Tate would be awful. Turns out to be one of the best.
Plenty eye-rolled at the news of Bernard Cribbins, saying it's a throwback to the days of Ken Dodd and Hale and Pace.
He then knocks it out the park.

If it's true, give him a chance. Just avoid the 'hilarious interviews' and clips of behind the scenes mugging and corpsing.

Ambient Sheep

Because I can't stand his face.  Or his voice.

Stll, the fact that he turned up as a villain in a Sarah Jane Adventures in 2008 means he's got some previous experience of doing DW-related stuff.

Not sure whether this is like all those claims about Kris Marshall though.

Shaky

Let's be honest, the idea of a middle-aged man being whisked off for space-time adventures by a sexy, seemingly younger Timelady... I can see what they might be aiming for with that.

Mister Six

Seems like a weird pairing. I would've thought they'd go for a young sexy bloke to keep ver ladeez on board, at least for the first series. Maybe another woman, like the Amy/Rory years.

I'm doubting this, to be honest. But if Walsh is good as a static actor (not sure I've seen him in anything) then it's a decent way to mix up the formula.

Phil_A

Wait, this hasn't been confirmed at all, has it? Just the Mirror spouting off and all the other reports just repeat the same "source" word for word. No official announcement either way.

I don't actually mind Walsh as an actor, I'm just not quite buying this until we hear it from the horse's mouth.

Virgo76

He might actually be in line for a recurring role that's not the regular companion, along the lines of Wilf or the Brigadier or Jackie Tyler.

Alberon

If he's in it, I'd suspect it's more in a recurring role as father of the companion.

Though an older companion did work for Colin Baker's Doctor in the Big Finish audios. That has quite a different core audience compared to the TV show itself I'd think.

Gulftastic

Bradley can act. It might work out.

And Catheribe Tate did not work out OK, she was shit for the most part.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I am confident that Walsh could not lower the quality of the show.

daf

Quote from: JamesTC on August 21, 2017, 11:43:58 PM
Norman Lovett as Davros.

For all your egg whisk and sink plunging needs - call Dave Ross, Ace plumber at : SKRO 555