Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:00:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Detectorists Series 3

Started by Enzo, August 22, 2017, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enzo

First screening and Q+A 1PM Thursday 24th August in the BBC Blue Tent in Edinburgh. Exciting!

Dog Botherer

Somehow missed that there's gonna be a third series. Fucking fantastic, made my day this did.

Enzo

couple of first impressions of the first episode of series here. Also looks like it will be broadcast in November

Enzo

QuoteThe time is nearly here. The seminal Macenzie Crook and Toby Jones bromance comedy has finally been given its air dance for what is the third and final series of an astoundingly accurate interpretation of all thing Metal Detecting.

The show, in which Crook plays affable metal detecting enthusiast Andy, filmed six more episodes in Suffolk this summer for a BBC4 broadcast on Wednesdays at 10pm, starting on November 8.

Andy's best friend, Toby Jones' character Lance, will also be returning following the 2015 Christmas Special in which Andy decided to travel to Africa with his wife Becky (Rachel Stirling) and son Stan, leaving his future with the Danebury Metal Detecting Club [DMC] uncertain.

http://archmdmag.com/detectorists-series-3-broadcast/

Huzzah!

Small Man Big Horse

Serge

Yes, this has cheered me up after a crap day at work!

shiftwork2

mothman

Oh, this is wonderful news. I'd no idea there was going to be a 3rd series. I'd saved up all the recent repeats (oh! Is that WHY they were repeated?), so I can now binge in preparation. I don't just love this show, I fell in love with it.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

I got home from work the other day and said to my flatmate, "November 8". He said "What's Novemb... Ah yeah, Detectorists!"

And then we looked happy. It was an uncharacteristic moment of joy.

mothman

I'm out of the country that week too. Making mental notes to put it on series link when it becomes visible in the EPG the week before.

Shit Good Nose

Brill.

New series of Man Down starts next week too, so double bonus!

Enzo

It's official.

The burning question though is if Sophie is gone?

Serge

Saw the trailer for this last night and got very excited. Had a quick look, but can't find it online. Did find this interview with Crook and Jones, but be warned - there is some bad news in it.

mothman

Got it series linked. I can relax now.

axel

Really looking forward to this, loved the last series although did miss the Christmas Special. Does anyone know where i might be able to find it as it wasnt repeated recently.

jobotic

gib

Two days to go, been looking forward to this all year.

Enzo

I know, I've been counting down the days. Trying not to overhype myself!

Dr Syntax Head

NICE! Mrs Syntax will be over the moon.

Noddy Tomkey

Mackenzie Crook will be interviewed on Front Row this evening. BBC R4, 19:15.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on November 06, 2017, 02:23:22 PM
NICE! Mrs Syntax will be over the moon

She can always iPlayer it later.

JoeyBananaduck

My wife wants to watch this based on the trailer. I'm ambivalent. Never even knew about it until now, let alone that this was series 3. What do you reckon, go from S1E1 or just leap in?

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on November 07, 2017, 10:41:08 AM
My wife wants to watch this based on the trailer. I'm ambivalent. Never even knew about it until now, let alone that this was series 3. What do you reckon, go from S1E1 or just leap in?

I'd say you need to watch from series 1 really it's very much a story and character based comedy, you need to see how these aspects develop from the beginning.

Viero_Berlotti

Only six 30 minute episodes per series. So not a huge amount to catch up on.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on November 07, 2017, 10:41:08 AM
go from S1E1 or just leap in?

Watch from the start definitely. Completely pointless starting from series 3.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Viero_Berlotti on November 07, 2017, 11:31:55 AM
Only six 30 minute episodes per series. So not a huge amount to catch up on

But you've only got just over 34 hours to do it, so get a move on.

Dr Syntax Head

It really is comfort TV. Brilliant for a hangover