Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:14:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrasslin'

Started by hewantstolurkatad, August 24, 2017, 02:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Apparently due to them becoming 4 hours + the WWE PPVs are gonna start an hour earlier, with the big ones (Mania/Rumble etc) starting 2 hours earlier, which is nice for us Brits.

boki

Quote from: mikeyg27 on May 22, 2018, 10:12:46 PM
The abrupt end of this video gave me a proper LOL.
The bit where he yells, "No! Bad monster!" at Braun is gold.

Deanjam

Enzo has made a rap song. I'm no rap expert, but this sounds shit.

https://twitter.com/RobbieBarstool/status/1001240950876893184

Z

Quote from: Deanjam on May 29, 2018, 01:22:06 AM

He's so hoarse sounding that I cannot detect any kind of rhythm whatsoever.

up_the_hampipe

Just started to mend his reputation, then tarnished it further.

Porter Dimi

Dreadful. It's not often that I hope somebody never works in the wrestling industry ever again, but I'll make a special exception for Enzo.

Timothy

Hope he returns to WWE soon. Fantastic on the mic. Great heel.

Nope, don't need him. He can't Wrestle. Many more on the roster I'd rather were getting TV time.

boki

He'd make a good heel manager, but as that might require him to take the odd bump, I wouldn't risk it.  Simon Grimm (fka Gotch) goes in hard on Enzo's lack of professionalism in an interview that's come out recently.

It'll definitely be a good long while before he's back in the 'E.

Timothy

Mediocre wrestler maybe, but great entertainer. Would make an awesome manager, panelist or GM.

If it were up to me I would bring him back to 205 Live. He was gold there.

Deanjam

I always thought he was terrible. Even his much lauded promos tended to just be a rambling mess to my ears. That trio of Enzo, Cass & Carmella are the absolute pits of despair.

up_the_hampipe

They worked for a little bit, but the schtick got tired and he was becoming this generation's Road Dogg. The heel turn was much needed. He could be a beast on the mic when he really got into it.

up_the_hampipe

Timothy

Good read. New one is up.

up_the_hampipe

Ah, for some reason I thought day 2 was today. Damn time zones. I also put trail instead of trial. STOOPID!

Timothy

Don't get why Cabana has to be there.

Punk is definitely gonna win.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Timothy on May 31, 2018, 09:17:24 PM
Don't get why Cabana has to be there.

Punk is definitely gonna win.

suit is against both, Punk for saying the things and Cabana for publishing them.

mikeyg27

This Velveteen Dream and Ricochet feud is proving to be a bit special. Their little promo to-and-fro ended with maybe the greatest HOLY SHIT moment of the year. Dream sells it afterwards with an expression that's the perfect combination of shock, awe, horror and slight arousal.

Also, Dream's changed his Twitter avatar to Prince Puma.

Mobius

They are both fantastic. Great feud, should be a quality match. NXT can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. Love mental Nikki Cross.

mikeyg27

Quote from: Mobius on June 01, 2018, 04:07:42 AM
Love mental Nikki Cross.

Yeah, I was disappointed that she didn't get to go up with Sanity (though at the current rate she might still be able to join them before they debut) but she was clearly held back to help the NXT ladies - with Ember Moon and the Iiconics being called up, she's the only woman on the NXT roster apart from Bazler and Kairi Sane to have wrestled a Takeover match (and those two are pretty recent additions too).

up_the_hampipe

So day 3 of the trial had testimony from the doctor Punk saw after quitting WWE. He diagnosed Punk's lump as a cyst and only mentioned a possible staph infection in an excuse note Punk requested. This means that Punk's story of the doctor immediately recognising the lump as a staph infection and telling him he "should be dead" was a lie. Makes me wonder what else Punk took liberties with in that podcast. Maybe Ryback was right when he insisted the "dumb as fuck" exchange never took place. Seems like Punk had some legitimate gripes, but went to dramatic exaggeration to illustrate them.

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 01, 2018, 01:31:35 PM
So day 3 of the trial had testimony from the doctor Punk saw after quitting WWE. He diagnosed Punk's lump as a cyst and only mentioned a possible staph infection in an excuse note Punk requested. This means that Punk's story of the doctor immediately recognising the lump as a staph infection and telling him he "should be dead" was a lie. Makes me wonder what else Punk took liberties with in that podcast. Maybe Ryback was right when he insisted the "dumb as fuck" exchange never took place. Seems like Punk had some legitimate gripes, but went to dramatic exaggeration to illustrate them.

Yep. That one relatively small detail has done huge damage to his credibility for me.

BeardFaceMan

The thing that always stuck out to me when listening to the podcast at the time was that Punk said that when the boys have disgusting injuries they always film it being treated, to show each other (I think?) And he then went on to say that this hideous lump he had in his back was cut out and he didnt record it. Smelled very fishy (his story, not his lump).

mikeyg27

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 01, 2018, 01:31:35 PM
Makes me wonder what else Punk took liberties with in that podcast.

Wait, what if... what if he was never told to make Roman look strong?

HAVE WE ALL BEEN LIVING A LIE????

(just kidding, that blatantly happened)

Moribunderast

Worth going out of your way to check out the NJPW Super Juniors Tournament final. Absolutely incredible match. Hiromu Takahashi is such a star. Great character, insane charisma, awesome in-ring, the best trunks, he has it all. He's been carrying a scrapbook he made to each match, featuring a picture of his opponent and a short description and they've been pretty funny. Marty Scurll = Umbrella Man. Chris Sabin: Alex Shelley's Friend.

I love him.

The card for Dominion this weekend is insane. Omega vs. Okada Best 2/3 Falls. Naito vs. Jericho. The Young Bucks vs. Evil and Sanada. Rey Mysterio, presumably vs. Jushin Liger. And Ospreay vs. the tournament winner. Can't wait.

sevendaughters

yeah Hiromu is brilliant, that extended sankaku-jime spot in the middle was incredible.

Mobius

Does NJPW have a weekly show? Is the NPJW website/streaming thingy in English?

After today's Raw I've had it.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Mobius on June 05, 2018, 06:01:51 AM
Does NJPW have a weekly show? Is the NPJW website/streaming thingy in English?

After today's Raw I've had it.

Not weekly. They do tours, so you'll get a big show every 6 weeks or so and then several shows leading up to it. The shows tend to come in batches rather than being more evenly spaced out It's more than I can keep up with so seems like enough content. The site is in English. Initially it's a bit of a headscratcher but if you just use the main menu and "series" section it has all the shows laid out neatly. I didn't think I'd stay subscribed when I first signed on but the big shows are worth the money and the lead-up shows are fun enough, even if they're basically house shows with minimal angles.

sevendaughters

I've been signed up since it was first released. I love it. Don't watch it as much as I could but it's my only monthly sub so even if I just watch big shows, half the G1, and some odd matches, it's good value.

I would HIGHLY recommend getting in for the big show this weekend - DOMINION. On paper, show of the year.

Mobius

Cheers lads! Yeah the card this weekend looks brilliant plus it's early in the month which I'm told is the best time to sign up.

I just was unsure how much non-PPV content they do. As dogshit as Raw etc can be, I like having something to kill a few hours with after work. Was also concerned the language barrier would make it difficult to invest in characters and understand storylines.

Does the older content (say if I wanted to go and watch some old Karl Anderson matches) have english commentary or is that quite a recent addition to NJPW?

Stardom looks like a pretty great promotion as well does anyone follow that?