Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:52:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrasslin'

Started by hewantstolurkatad, August 24, 2017, 02:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Charlotte's posed for ESPN's nude athlete thing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgjHfpEXkAEhqJx.jpg

up_the_hampipe

Thank god I clicked on this thread after work.

Deanjam

Its okay, it's art.

Edit - Actually you're right. I've changed it to a link it you want to perv appreciate good art.

Ja'moke

Good to see after all the shit they've given Bayley and Sasha the past few months that the crowd still popped when Bayley FINALLY got her revenge. That should have happened weeks ago. Hopefully they don't hit the reset switch again and can keep the momentum going by having Sasha tap back into Boss mode and continue with Bayley as the babyface not afraid to stand up for herself, y'know, the character that got her over in NXT.

up_the_hampipe

I think they should go with Bayley as a heel. The NXT thing isn't going to work anymore, and we've seen Bayley vs Boss already, even if it wasn't on the main roster. The dynamic of Sasha as face and Bayley as heel looks better right now, I think. Sasha has managed to find this female Rollins spot where she's beloved by the audience regardless of how little she's got going on. Bayley has really struggled since moving up.

Ja'moke

Possibly, it would just be weird to see Bayley as a heel I guess. Also, judging by the big face reaction she got last night, it might not be the smartest move. But either way, I just want a lengthy Sasha v Bayley match at the next PPV

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 26, 2018, 03:55:22 PM
Good to see after all the shit they've given Bayley and Sasha the past few months that the crowd still popped when Bayley FINALLY got her revenge. That should have happened weeks ago. Hopefully they don't hit the reset switch again and can keep the momentum going by having Sasha tap back into Boss mode and continue with Bayley as the babyface not afraid to stand up for herself, y'know, the character that got her over in NXT.

Bayley's going to be in a therapy skit next week. Christ knows what the material will be. Every step forward has 2 backwards.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 26, 2018, 04:06:16 PM
Possibly, it would just be weird to see Bayley as a heel I guess. Also, judging by the big face reaction she got last night, it might not be the smartest move. But either way, I just want a lengthy Sasha v Bayley match at the next PPV

I think the pop just represents something major happening. Seems like the crowd tends to pop when there's a big turn in a storyline (because WWE booking is so boring right now). They were just glad they were kicking this looooong tease into higher gear. Bayley might need to be a better promo to be a heel, but we've seen so many superstars click on the mic when they make that turn.

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 26, 2018, 04:30:43 PM
I think the pop just represents something major happening. Seems like the crowd tends to pop when there's a big turn in a storyline (because WWE booking is so boring right now). They were just glad they were kicking this looooong tease into higher gear. Bayley might need to be a better promo to be a heel, but we've seen so many superstars click on the mic when they make that turn.

True, but they were also big "BAYLEY" chants, which I haven't heard in a while. Plus those people at ringside being all "Good for you Bayley!" So that might be the best angle to go with. But I'd be willing to go with a Bayley heel turn - I'd want to hear what a heel version of her entrance music would sound like!

EDIT: You could be right though, I've just seen the uncensored clip of the beatdown where Bayley says "You ain't shit, Sasha," which is, well, pretty heel-ish. Interesting.

up_the_hampipe

Shinsuke vs Jeff Hardy pulled from Smackdown tonight for a rather interesting reason https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1011740433364520960?s=21

Ja'moke

Smackdown will move to Friday nights when the show moves to Fox next October. Will air live and still 2-hours.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/smackdown-live-fox-october-2019?sf192637728=1

Timothy

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 27, 2018, 12:07:49 AM
Shinsuke vs Jeff Hardy pulled from Smackdown tonight for a rather interesting reason https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1011740433364520960?s=21

Yet another thing the big dog ruined!

up_the_hampipe

Kevin Owens at the Shania Twain concert last night https://youtu.be/ZBUHU_cF_Uw

hummingofevil

Long time no contribute.

In gap from World Cup watching caught up on all the WWEUK stuff and its absolutely cracking. Wrestling shows being fun and snappy with great crowds, beautiful venue and great matches.

With WWE seemingly developing some kind of relationship with NOAH the idea that they going to establish NXT regional divisions across the world is exciting as. Obviously the key thing is how it affects Progress, ICW as be a total fuck if they replace established indies who are the beating heart of wresting these days but can't knock how good NXT presentation is.

Off to Altrincham on Sunday and have to say I'm SOOOOOOO excited. Okada in person is probably the third most thing I'm looking forward to so that some high bar (Ishii/Suzuki and Walter chopping the living shit out of Yujiro are 1st and 2nd respectively).

Anyone else going?

Deanjam

Ja'moke

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 30, 2018, 12:13:03 AM
Long time no contribute.

In gap from World Cup watching caught up on all the WWEUK stuff and its absolutely cracking. Wrestling shows being fun and snappy with great crowds, beautiful venue and great matches.

With WWE seemingly developing some kind of relationship with NOAH the idea that they going to establish NXT regional divisions across the world is exciting as. Obviously the key thing is how it affects Progress, ICW as be a total fuck if they replace established indies who are the beating heart of wresting these days but can't knock how good NXT presentation is.

Progress and ICW have deals/agreements with WWE, so I imagine they'll be fine, as they'll still be able to use the signed NXT UK talent. It could hurt the other British indies though, taking away established names like Dunne and Bate, etc.

Z

For a second there I thought Matt Cappotelli was battling cancer for 11 years but it looks like he got a second kind last year?
Never actually saw him, seems to always get mentioned as the one Tough Enough guy who showed real promise (w/e of Miz and Morrison)

Deanjam

My main memory of him is getting beat up for real by Cuntbag Holly for daring to smile during a training session. Then being bullied by the other trainers into seeing it as a mark of respect. A truly disgusting episode for which I hope SparkyCunt steps onto an upturned plug every morning for eternity.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on June 30, 2018, 07:23:02 PM
My main memory of him is getting beat up for real by Cuntbag Holly for daring to smile during a training session. Then being bullied by the other trainers into seeing it as a mark of respect. A truly disgusting episode for which I hope SparkyCunt steps onto an upturned plug every morning for eternity.

Yeah, that's my main memory as well. I will always despise Holly on that alone.

Swoz_MK

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 30, 2018, 12:13:03 AM
Off to Altrincham on Sunday and have to say I'm SOOOOOOO excited. Okada in person is probably the third most thing I'm looking forward to so that some high bar (Ishii/Suzuki and Walter chopping the living shit out of Yujiro are 1st and 2nd respectively).

Anyone else going?

Went to the Milton Keynes one the day before and it was bloody excellent. Ishii and Suzuki knocking absolute fuck out of each other a mile away from my house made me feel like a little kid.

90% of the audience was wearing BC/YB/Elite merch, they must be rolling in it.

Custard

Is Becky Lynch the fittest modern 'rasslin lady?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk3YrYEgbzc/

OOF

Swoz_MK

Kairi for me, but I think Becky is LAVVERLY now. Never used to.

boki

Becky's adorable, but imagine if you were doin' gooey and she started bellowing, "I HAVE NO SOOOOOUL!" like she does on UpUpDownDown sometimes.  I'm not sure I could deal.

Who's watching Being The Elite?  The latest episode begins with Chris Jericho slagging off the quality of WWE merch and just gets better.

Utter Shit

Anyone seen Devlin vs Ospreay from the latest Progress show on demand? Utterly insane.

New Jack

Quote from: boki on July 06, 2018, 10:42:52 AM
Becky's adorable, but imagine if you were doin' gooey and she started bellowing, "I HAVE NO SOOOOOUL!" like she does on UpUpDownDown sometimes.  I'm not sure I could deal.

Her mucky sounding voice, the filthy accent.... not even screaming that she eats from abortion clinic bins could put me off.

boki

You've got a good point, to be fair.

Asuka's still my wrasslewife. That thing she does with her eyes and smile when the mask comes off does very special things to me.

Deanjam

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 06, 2018, 02:37:37 PM
Asuka's still my wrasslewife. That thing she does with her eyes and smile when the mask comes off does very special things to me.

Swoz_MK

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 06, 2018, 12:17:03 PM
Anyone seen Devlin vs Ospreay from the latest Progress show on demand? Utterly insane.

Watched the highlights earlier. Both very talented but the "flippy shit" isn't for me. Saw Ospreay at the weekend and it does look impressive in the flesh but something about that style (and him) rubs me the wrong way. Going through a phase of watching Hansen and Funk in japan, I suppose Ospreay/Scurll et al is a natural evolution of that. I respect it, but I'm not massively fussed.

New Jack

Watching WWE experience, as its the only bearable show by WWE

... The fuck is this Constable Corbin shite

Back to being a perve, at least its hosted by Charley Caruso. I'd let her ravage me on a urine-soaked mattress in a basement. (Doesn't even have to be my own urine)