Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:38:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrasslin'

Started by hewantstolurkatad, August 24, 2017, 02:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hewantstolurkatad

Not exactly hard to imagine Cena believes Reigns hasn't stepped up. Reigns's megapush is around the end of its fourth year right now, by that point for Cena he was very firmly established for a couple of years.

mikeyg27

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 29, 2017, 02:33:16 PM
Is that a dig at me? Cos you should know I never said that.

Never mind Omega-Okada or Braun-Roman, you two are having feud of the year!

Great stuff between Cena and Reigns last night. They seem to have some genuine tension, unless I'm being worked hard.

I think you are. They've both been very complimentary about each other in interviews. Cena even said that 'he's not the next Cena, he's the first Roman Reigns' bit in one of them. But that doesn't mean Cena is going to hold back and this is clearly a trial by fire.

Having said that, what boggles my mind about that segment is that it was apparently pretty much entirely on-script, which basically means that WWE sent Roman out there to die for their sins.

hewantstolurkatad

Quote from: mikeyg27 on August 29, 2017, 03:25:18 PM
What boggles my mind about that segment is that it was apparently pretty much entirely on-script, which basically means that WWE sent Roman out there to die for their sins.
they've been deliberately having him not win on PPVs to try and endear the fans to him, I think they sent him out there to try and raise his game but with the security that if he bombs that it'll humanise him

Content wise, they both had pretty equal stuff.

I'm half expecting this match to end with the undertaker doing some shit, it's kinda baffling that they're pissing away this match.

Deanjam

Quote from: hewantstolurkatad on August 29, 2017, 04:17:53 PM
it's kinda baffling that they're pissing away this match.

Lesnar / Strowman & Reigns / Cena are Wrestlemania level matches. Weird we're getting them at No Mercy.

Deanjam

As for the Cena/Reigns bit, while I enjoyed some of the barbs, it did feel like WWE's top babyfaces arguing over who is shitter at their job.

mikeyg27

Quote from: hewantstolurkatad on August 29, 2017, 04:17:53 PM
I'm half expecting this match to end with the undertaker doing some shit, it's kinda baffling that they're pissing away this match.

Oh shit, I've just realised that No Mercy is the the first PPV during the new NFL season, when WWE traditionally give up trying for four months. Now I'm terrified for an Authority run-in.

weekender

Forgot it was a bank holiday yesterday, I'm all out of sync.

Isn't it Survivor Series when everything goes to shit?

I always think of this as "working back to the next Mania" season.  Surely by now we know who's headlining Mania and who's going to win the Rumble?

weekender

Cena/Reigns?

Just comes across as Cena knows what he's doing on the mic, Reigns is so out of his depth he might as be a whale who's just jumped for air and forgotten where the sea is.

Y'all are wrong if you think Reigns is coming across well.

Cena OWNS this.

Mobius

I felt sorry for Roman there. You really aren't going to win against Cena on the mic, especially when he does his meta/fourth wall shit to the audience. Even smarks pop for that!

I'm getting worked and I'm marking for Roman!

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Mobius on August 29, 2017, 11:30:38 PM
I felt sorry for Roman there. You really aren't going to win against Cena on the mic, especially when he does his meta/fourth wall shit to the audience. Even smarks pop for that!

It's pretty funny how Punk rose to the top by being the anti-Cena fourth-wall breaker. Now Cena himself is filling that role.

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 29, 2017, 02:33:16 PM
Is that a dig at me? Cos you should know I never said that.

My bad, I forgot that we already cleared that up, that you meant the fans pushing Sasha above Alexa. I forgot in my moment of post-Banks losing rage.

They really need to stop hot potatoing that Raw Women's Championship though. Sasha has had the title, what, four times now? And not one of those reigns lasted more than 20 days. How is that meant to get her over? And they need to stop neutering their babyfaces. Heels are meant to cheat and get comeuppance. Bliss gets to call people losers, say how she's going to embarrass and beat them, and then... beats them, clean, with no heel tactics. And her opponents never get revenge on her, Becky never, Bayley never, and now that she's clearly moving onto Nia, Sasha won't either. Bliss is essentially the Stephanie of the women's division.

Back to the Mae Young Classic, cracking matches between Piper Niven v Santana Garrett and Kairi Sane v Tessa Blanchard.

weekender

Let's be honest, I'm not going to take Bad Korea seriously until they have someone in the WWE.

You can set up your international crisis continental matches with Mahal, Rusev, Nakamura, but unless you give me a North Korean champion I'm not really feeling it.

Ja'moke

I wrote about the first round of the Mae Young Classic for those of you that are interested: https://www.yahoo.com/tv/wwe-mae-young-classic-round-1-recap-super-kicking-door-171534177.html

Deanjam

QuoteWhile the company is now very much patting themselves on the back for fixing a problem they created in the first place

Very good.

Osmium

Supermarionation Ric Flair. May he live a long time yet.

Deanjam

JBL's leaving the Smackdown commentary. Good.

Ja'moke

I'm guessing Lawler will be back permanently then.

Deanjam

up_the_hampipe

If Lawler is a heel, I'm all for it. Just don't call Tyler Breeze a flaming fag for wearing women's clothes.

Deanjam

Deanjam

QuoteWWE‏Verified account @WWE

BREAKING: @WWEGraves will take over for @JCLayfield on #SDLive starting tomorrow; @McGuinnessNigel will step in for #205Live and #MainEvent!

I'm happy with this.

up_the_hampipe

They shouldn't have the same commentator for Raw and Smackdown though.

rjd2

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 04, 2017, 06:46:27 PM
They shouldn't have the same commentator for Raw and Smackdown though.

I dunno, I mean yeah I get what you are saying, but compared to some of the alternatives floated, its not that bad.

up_the_hampipe

I love Corey, I'd rather have him on Smackdown with Tom and Byron. Just take him off Raw. Imagine him shuffling between tables on joint PPVs.

up_the_hampipe

Ja'moke

I enjoyed the first Round 1 of the MYC just fine but things really stepped up a gear in the new eps. Great matches and storytelling.

Mobius

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 04, 2017, 11:17:25 PM
I enjoyed the first Round 1 of the MYC just fine but things really stepped up a gear in the new eps. Great matches and storytelling.

Yeah I just caught up to date, it's been great! The first round was a quite patchy, you can probably skip that and not miss much. There was quite a gulf in quality between those who advanced and those who went home.

2nd round onward is really good though, some of these girls are fantastic. Shame they can't sign them all and if they did they'd just misuse them!

The final will be up after Raw next week I believe, so plenty of time to catch up. Careful googling or owt though as it's pre-recorded and you may have the outcome spoiled for you.

Penfold

Quote from: Mobius on September 07, 2017, 12:13:01 AM
Yeah I just caught up to date, it's been great! The first round was a quite patchy, you can probably skip that and not miss much. There was quite a gulf in quality between those who advanced and those who went home.

2nd round onward is really good though, some of these girls are fantastic. Shame they can't sign them all and if they did they'd just misuse them!

The final will be up after Raw next week I believe, so plenty of time to catch up. Careful googling or owt though as it's pre-recorded and you may have the outcome spoiled for you.

I think the final is live next Tuesday.

Ja'moke

I think at least 16 of them are signed. Which should be a good sign for the future of the women's division but then you think they still only fit in one women's segment/match per Raw and SD each week.