Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:14:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Deuce - New HBO Show from David Simon and George Pelecanos

Started by Small Man Big Horse, August 26, 2017, 06:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enrico Palazzo

Quote from: Shameless Custard on March 09, 2020, 09:19:19 PM
Just watched all three series, and I thought it was pretty great.

Never thought I cared that much about the characters until THAT final scene, which actually had me bawling, like a big wally. Definitely one of the most moving ways to wrap up a show I've seen. The present day just seems so sterile and bleak

It does feel like there could have been a fourth season, but overall I think it was a great series that probably ended at just the right time

Not quite The Wire, but excellent stuff

I loved it.

I did want to be more moved by the final scene but Franco's old man makeup and prosthetic belly got in the way.

Bazooka

Just finishing up on Season 1 of this, it's fine I think, a couple of episodes on in the background whilst I frag some noobz on Battlefield 4.  A lot of great performers, well produced, set dressed , costumed etc. But an episode never ends with me thinking wow I can't wait to see where this leads, in the way a series about a particular time like Mad Men could. I don't see what the next two series could possibly contain. But it's not as bland as Treme, which again there is technically nothing wrong with it, but it lacked seasoning.