Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:26:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Outlook 2016 Question (or how I learned to stop worrying and love the upgrade)

Started by checkoutgirl, August 29, 2017, 09:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

So I downloaded Outlook 2016 as instructed by IT and it's a load of pants. The search function doesn't work properly and isn't as elegant or user friendly as the search function in Outlook 2010. It impedes me when trying to find emails. Is there any way to get 2016 running in the background with the skin and functionality of 2010? It's doubly tricky because even something like rebuilding the search index is blocked and must be done by IT. If I can get instructions on how to do something I can ring them up and talk them through it.

Any ideas? It's very frustrating that Microsoft insist on releasing new software that is considerably worse than what came before. It's supposedly designed for tablets and the cloud but hardly anyone uses tablets in the office and the cloud causes lag and makes the software buffer and crash regularly. This new Microsoft upgrade is a total disaster to be honest.

Twed

doppelkorn

What specifically are you having difficulty with in the search function?