Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,474
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:43:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB memes you don't understand

Started by thecuriousorange, August 31, 2017, 04:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Quote from: shiftwork2 on September 01, 2017, 05:44:10 PM
Never been sure about the origins of 'smerky let plekry', despite it being a very pleasing combination of letters.  Presume it was contained in a drunk post.  You don't see it much these days.

Tum te tum te tum....

touchingcloth

Thanks, Dex, and double thanks to Consignia for the twofer. Please take my balls and do with them as you will.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 01, 2017, 01:05:39 AM
Also, the Waxwork Rene thread is one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed on CaB, and I'm glad the old rascal still pops up from time to time.

Someone once explained Waxwork René to me (I think it was Mr Simnock at a meet) but I've since forgotten. What is this?

Glebe

Quote from: zomgmouse on September 01, 2017, 11:50:51 PMSomeone once explained Waxwork René to me (I think it was Mr Simnock at a meet) but I've since forgotten. What is this?

And it's all thanks to Louis Tussaud's House of Wax, Great Yarmouth.

zomgmouse

Consignia

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 01, 2017, 11:46:45 PM
Thanks, Dex, and double thanks to Consignia for the twofer. Please take my balls and do with them as you will.

ありがと。あんたの玉を抜いました

touchingcloth

machotrouts

Quote from: pancreas on September 01, 2017, 04:26:38 PMFWIW I think people should post more pictures of their willies here. I would be happy to rate them.

It's shocking how long I've been waiting for a thread dedicated to cocks of the mentally disturbed. Get on with it, everybody

touchingcloth

pancreas

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 02, 2017, 01:10:33 AM
Here's my penis:

When I look at the image you have linked it says it is not found. That means your penis is invisibly small. 0/10 for touchingcloth's penis amirite.

touchingcloth

That's measuring along the top though so 2/10 if going from the balls.

Cerys

Let's just post pictures of willies.

pancreas

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 02, 2017, 01:17:26 AM
That's measuring along the top though so 2/10 if going from the balls.

Sorry mate you don't get to rate your own penis amirite.

pancreas

touchingcloth

Quote from: pancreas on September 02, 2017, 01:20:33 AM
Sorry mate you don't get to rate your own penis amirite.

Ill rate you're penis if your not careful mate and u kno what all that homosexualing does 2 a penis

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 01, 2017, 06:49:40 PM
On "mate", I've always processed that in a darker way than how Adam and Joe used to say it. They would always draw out the aaaaaa and if you were to pen a transcript of one of their shows you'd probably punctuate the word with an exclamation mark, whereas I've always read a CaB "mate" as terse, annoyed and very much punctuated with a full step. Mate.

A CaB "mate" should also be uttered with a disappointed sigh.

Quote from: zomgmouse on September 02, 2017, 12:19:21 AM
But what is it

As Glebe explained, it's a haunted-looking effigy of Rene from a third-rate wax museum in Great Yarmouth. That's all, really.

Ambient Sheep

Making a possibly risky assumption here, which is that being a young-ish resident of Australia, zomgmouse may not actually know who René is.  Hence my following reply:

Quote from: zomgmouse on September 02, 2017, 12:19:21 AM
But what is it

A waxwork of René Artois, the lead character in long-running and oft-repeated 1980s British sitcom 'Allo 'Allo!, as played by actor Gorden Kaye.

Wikipedia doesn't mention if the show was broadcast in Australia, but apparently ABC sell DVDs of it there, so they probably did at one point.

Dex Sawash

I assumed waxwork rené was a band and there were probably loads of threads in oscillations.

Cerys

Waxwork Réné really has to become a band name.

Glebe

Quote from: Cerys on September 02, 2017, 02:24:38 AMWaxwork Réné really has to become a band name.

The problem is they'd melt under the stage lights.

Waxwork Rene will never melt. Waxwork Rene is immortal.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 02, 2017, 02:03:41 AM
Making a possibly risky assumption here, which is that being a young-ish resident of Australia, zomgmouse may not actually know who René is.  Hence my following reply:

A waxwork of René Artois, the lead character in long-running and oft-repeated 1980s British sitcom 'Allo 'Allo!, as played by actor Gorden Kaye.

Wikipedia doesn't mention if the show was broadcast in Australia, but apparently ABC sell DVDs of it there, so they probably did at one point.

The show is definitely known here. I figured that that was the protagonist of the show. I was just wondering if there was more to it than just a bad wax figure but apparently not!

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 02, 2017, 01:46:36 AM
As Glebe explained, it's a haunted-looking effigy of Rene from a third-rate wax museum in Great Yarmouth. That's all, really.

I think I get it now.

I thought the value was that it's the one figure among many which, by accident or design, actually looks representative. Among all the "...so, is that supposed to be Gary Lineker ...or Denis Healey?" there is one profound, noble figure, confused to be surrounded by piss-weak simulacra

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Consignia on September 01, 2017, 07:55:00 PM
For fucks sake, I didn't read that thread, but I made almost the same joke as my last sentence here as I did there:

I'm a fucking broken record.

The main Fawlty Towers thread in the Comedy Forum has lots of people saying their favourite thing about the show, and then when it gets bumped six months later saying pretty much all the same things again. It's great.

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 02, 2017, 01:46:36 AM

Well, that's going in the testimonials section on their website.

weaseldust

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 01, 2017, 01:05:39 AM
Dismissing someone with a simple, weary, devastating "Mate" is one of my favourite recent CaB memes, but it appears to have faded away now.

Mate.

Also, the Waxwork Rene thread is one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed on CaB, and I'm glad the old rascal still pops up from time to time.

YES!

that was me! i am waxwork rene. i don't even know who the original rene is, which is probably why he's at the edge of the picture which i think is what made it good

original thread (images are gone sadly):
http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,26875.msg1405882.html

p sure the guardian and others stole my fucking photos for various articles. i sometimes wonder if i'm partly responsible for the closure of that place. haha.

thenoise

Favourite bamlem moment: the time we chad that heavy snowfall and someone pissed it in the snow. I might have dreamt this, but it was still great.

Verbwhore/Cabber: I like 'CooBooCrew', although I have never actually used it before.

zomgmouse

I'm really sad our forum minced oaths went away, and though I do absolutely and wholeheartedly relish the ability to say "cunt", there's a wee small part of me that wishes it still said "mimsy woo woo". Partly I have fond associations due to the fact that a bit of wordplay relating to that term led to one of my very first karma points.
Though while we're here, where did these minced oaths come from and who made them up?

weekender

From memory, Barry Admin was getting mildly frustrated with Huzzie not being able to spell the word 'the', so he introduced the functionality that replaced 'tee ee haitch' with 'THE FUCKING THE' (or something like that), on the grounds that it might be funny.  This functionality is still here today, as you cannot write 'THE', 'Cecil Parkinson', or 'the' without it being auto-corrected to something else, as I found out when I was writing this post.

So, once the first experiment was an obvious and resounding success, he started doing it with other phrases such as the one you mentioned above. 

Once he'd tasted power though, he couldn't stop.  He did it with more and more phrases, laughing manically as us minions wondered what was going on.

There's a few other tell-tale issues, but this was basically how Barry Admin became the power-crazed Nazi that still runs the forum to this day.

Don't believe me about the Nazi thing?  Let's take a look at the latest post he's made:

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 01, 2017, 01:58:02 AM
As for running the bunker, I assign staff to stock and research at the same time. I believe they still produce the same amount when they're doing both things, but your supplies will run out quicker.

Had a bad run with research there, like 5 weapon camos in a row over the whole week. Still loving my incendiary bullets, and thermal heavy sniper scope though.

As I understand it, these are behind-the-scenes codes for how to run a forum.  The 'bunker' is obviously CaB, 'stock' is Paypal donations, 'research' is how many times someone clicks the Amazon banner which supports CaB.

I'm not sure about the full meaning of the second sentence, but I think it's clear that with this post I have proven that this forum is being run by a Nazi who treats CaB as a war zone.

If it weren't for the fact that I fully sympathise with Nazi ideals I wouldn't stay here, I really wouldn't.