Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:41:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB memes you don't understand

Started by thecuriousorange, August 31, 2017, 04:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheManOne

Why thank you.

(New page politeness)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

^ speaking of which

The new page comments - who the fuck cares? Everyone can see a new page is a new page, and whatever's at the top my well reference something on the previous page.

Thursday

Quote from: Shay Chaise on August 31, 2017, 07:57:23 PM

The awful Twitter meme 'GET IN THE FUCKING SEA' is an on-the-nose thick person's rip-off off 'get in grave' and was likely 'created' by one of the less intelligent and creative members of this forum, or a media-type lurker. Just PM me to admit it, you unoriginal thick fuck.

It was by this puddle of mediocrity https://twitter.com/profanityswan?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

TheManOne

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 31, 2017, 08:41:07 PM
^ speaking of which

The new page comments - who the fuck cares? Everyone can see a new page is a new page, and whatever's at the top my well reference something on the previous page.

Yeah. I think that might be the first one I've ever done as well to add insult to injury. I felt it pointless at the time. Feel free to check my post history and find I do it all the time. There is every chance.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: TheManOne on August 31, 2017, 08:11:34 PM
I always thought it was inspired by* "GET IN THE BACK OF THE VAN!" from Withnail & I. With absolutely no reason to. Nor with any real interest as, like you, I saw it as shit for cunts.

*nicked from

It's hardly the most original phrase. We were usiing Go and jump in a lake as a dismissal in the playground forty years ago.

TheManOne

Yeah. Just made the connection myself, thought no more about it and then that's what it was. Twitter's shit isn't it?

mothman

CaBers don't seem to get called Verbwhores anymore...

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: mothman on August 31, 2017, 09:06:58 PM

Triggered.

Get in grave is magnificent and so are it's variations I see popping up here from time to time.

Consignia

Not for my lack of trying.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 31, 2017, 08:41:07 PM
^ speaking of which

Couldn't agree more. It's not funny enough to be funny and not interesting enough to be interesting. Like people who go on youtube pages and say "Breaking Bad brought me here" or something equally asinine. I would expect Cabbers to be above such insipid bollocks but it appears many on here are a slave to it.

Cerys, I appreciate you giving the location of the Bamlem origin but in what context was it? Did the person blame Jack Baeur for something and get the spelling wrong? And if so what did she blame him for? I want more information.

Cerys

I wish I could remember! Give me a moment.

mothman

I always assumed it was just Ronnie being drunkenly indignant about US interventionism.

Cerys

Here we go - the original thread is here, and the post in question is:

Quote from: hpmons on August 21, 2008, 07:57:28 PM
Sorry I cant read stuff.  but I bet its really foocl.  Tomorrow Il lbe thrilled, (and bearessed)  Wow.  Wow! Wow! Woww!  24 I m waiting fro - I  BAMLEM JACK BUAER!

Haha, my spelling , usgy be excruitating!  usgy! MY! Haha.  Sorrry. I havent gfelt this before.  Is cool.  But bad.  Sory.y wil evidnt tomorrow.  Niel, pls?  kthxbye?

sorry.  soory! ahhahahaha! WorRSS"! WORDS IM MEAN! owowwww typing.  Cool.  Bad.  Owww.

checkoutgirl

Nice one Cerys. I had a feeling further digging would only muddy the waters further and I fear I was right.

mothman

Oh, it was hpmons? My memory really is shot.

checkoutgirl

So she's blaming the excitement of getting to watch the TV programme 24 for her poor grammar and spelling. I think that's what it is.

Serge

I have been trying to bring this back, though I usually use the hip and trendy abbreviation 'whores because I'm like that.

Thursday

I don't like to use the word "whore" it feels... "ehhhhh"

doppelkorn

Verbwhores isn't as good as CaBbers, I reckon.

Nobody talks about basketball heads either. The tags carried a lot of those memes. Nobody misses them.

Alberon

Thursday

Also verbwhores is one where you'd have to explain what it actually means and where it comes from, and I can't properly remember it even though I've read the explanation a couple of times. So CaBbers is less confusing.

Uncle TechTip

The question is, who went and tagged hundreds of threads with BAMLEM, even ones made before the phrase came into being?

Did you ever tag a thread with I BAMLEM JACK BUAER? Tell us about your motivations.

Consignia

Cabber is so lacking wit.

Verbwhore has mystique surronding it.

Cabber sounds like looks for random sexual encounters with taxi drivers.

mothman

I suspect everyone did a tag variation on the I BAMLEM... theme. I know I did.

But standards HAVE slipped. Nobody pisses through anyone's letterboxes anymore. Sad!

zomgmouse

I could swear I've heard "bamlem" and "BAMLEM JACK BUAER" way before this site. It seems like an old Internet thing. But searching for it yields virtually nothing except this site. Could my brain be confusing it with something else?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Dismissing someone with a simple, weary, devastating "Mate" is one of my favourite recent CaB memes, but it appears to have faded away now.

Mate.

Also, the Waxwork Rene thread is one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed on CaB, and I'm glad the old rascal still pops up from time to time.

Glebe

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 01, 2017, 01:05:39 AMAlso, the Waxwork Rene thread is one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed on CaB, and I'm glad the old rascal still pops up from time to time.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

God bless that wax-hewn French philanderer.

hewantstolurkatad

I seem to hate or not understand a lot of them to be honest, so I'll just defend a few.

I don't mind the new page stuff, clicking on the last page of a thread to find it's just one shit comment can be kinda frustrating if you're on a slow connection or an iPhone SE and the whole website is stupidly awkward to navigate around.

Mate is pretty solid imo too, it's pretty flexible as to its actual meaning but not very hard to derive the intention in any given situation.

Is "shit for cunts" a CaB thing? I fucking love that one, got a level of contempt that's both genuine and knowingly pathetic for me.

Waxwork Rene being pasted into other things is a treat; it's the face, you could conceivably believe that bemused face upon stumbling into just about any situation.