Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:09:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

When did you become completely sick to fucking death of Dragons' Den?

Started by yesitsme, September 04, 2017, 01:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

big up to whoever started the cabmeme 'when did you become completely sick to fucking death of xyz?'

touchingcloth

I enjoyed the guy tonight who came on with an invention to tell you when you're thirsty.

JoeyBananaduck

Nobody in charge of commissioning TV ever seems to have heard the words, "Yes, ok, we've seen this now, cheers." Can't believe this shit is still on.

touchingcloth

Same goes for football. At what point do we accept that we've worked out who the best team is and just draw a line under the whole thing?

Norton Canes

Quote from: Kelvin on September 10, 2017, 06:13:16 PM
I actually worked on Dragon's Den a few years ago, during a BBC work experience thing, and the lift actually came up in the production office. It was during the BBC scandal around misleading editing, and the production team were discussing the repercussions for the show. At one point, they started worrying about Evan Davis not being filmed in the area where the stairs lead, and one of the higher ups sneered at how anyone could possibly believe the stairs led to him, despite that literally being the illusion they are trying to sell to audiences[/i

I wonder if they thought about this when filming Fawlty Towers or One Foot In The Grave, or any other studio sitcom where the action takes place on sets 'connected' by staircases?

To be fair I did think for ages that the Fawlty Towers landing and bedroom set must have been built above the foyer set

CF University Challenge

Bazooka

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 11, 2017, 09:48:09 AM
I wonder if they thought about this when filming Fawlty Towers or One Foot In The Grave, or any other studio sitcom where the action takes place on sets 'connected' by staircases?

To be fair I did think for ages that the Fawlty Towers landing and bedroom set must have been built above the foyer set

CF University Challenge

In University Challenge none of the team members are filmed at the same time, each contestant is filmed separately, when they look like they are deliberating they are just talking to a sack of parsnips in the next chair, all of it is then composited in. 

doppelkorn

Quote from: Bazooka on September 11, 2017, 10:15:16 AM
In University Challenge none of the team members are filmed at the same time, each contestant is filmed separately, when they look like they are deliberating they are just talking to a sack of parsnips in the next chair, all of it is then composited in. 

Producers asked Jeremy Paxman to record himself firmly saying "no conferring!" just once, in 1994. Each year they slow down playback by 1% to replicate the sound of his ageing vocal cords.

Bazooka

Quote from: doppelkorn on September 11, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
Producers asked Jeremy Paxman to record himself firmly saying "no conferring!" just once, in 1994. Each year they slow down playback by 1% to replicate the sound of his ageing vocal cords.

+ Karma.

Jittlebags

Always makes me think of this bit of Vizery whenever I catch it.