Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,456
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:51:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy Podcasts - Howl was Stitched up

Started by brat-sampson, September 04, 2017, 11:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Quote from: remedial_gash on June 11, 2018, 06:47:24 PM
Dunno, but water skiing features heavily, I was somewhat distracted while listening, I'd have preferred Dom Dimello to rise from the grave

Yes, me too. Hot Dog is not really interesting anymore. I hope that Andy Daly will invent new characters in the future.

Crabwalk

Yeah, it was an enjoyable enough listen without adding anything particularly great to Hot Dog's mythology. Best part was finding out Mitt Romney's genuine favourite meats.

Paaaaul

Quote from: chveik on June 11, 2018, 06:53:13 PM
Yes, me too. Hot Dog is not really interesting anymore. I hope that Andy Daly will invent new characters in the future.
He released a new series of his podcast recently and at least half of the episodes were for characters who weren't on the first series, nor on Eight Sweaters.
He's also done CBB episodes in the last few years with characters who haven't appeared elsewhere too.
I think he's doing a good job of building on previous stuff as well as creating new 'uns.

Penfold

Spont! Superego! The Complete Woman! I Was There Too! Beautiful Anonymous!

London Podcast Festival in September.

https://www.kingsplace.co.uk/magazine/genre/london-podcast-festival/

petercussing

Hooray, cheers for that, one ticket to I was there too and Comp Woman ahoy! Though, i can't make superego which is rubs.

kittens

bought a ticket to superego. nice treat cos i've been relistening to those lately. front row seat an all, yes lads. can't wait

non capisco

The Two Scotts torturing poor Todd Glass about his (admittedly flabbergasting) lack of basic pop music knowledge on today's episode of 'Are You Talking REM Re:Me?' oscillates between hilarious and agonising numerous times.

kittens

got a ticket to the complete woman at the podcast festival an all. and cameron esposito on the same day at the soho theatre. dunno anything about her stand up but what the heck. gonna be in podcast heaven

Paaaaul

How on earth is The Complete Woman going to work as a live show?
Setting up scenarios and riffing on them, like Superego?

kittens

i'm assuming a slightly more structured superego. but i suppose i'll find out

brat-sampson

Quote from: non capisco on June 27, 2018, 07:59:32 PM
The Two Scotts torturing poor Todd Glass about his (admittedly flabbergasting) lack of basic pop music knowledge on today's episode of 'Are You Talking REM Re:Me?' oscillates between hilarious and agonising numerous times.

I know it's essentially the same bit as in the first one, but it's so achingly genuine that it still works brilliantly.

kittens

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk3-ocqgm42/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=txpzvs46u9s8

superego coming back with four normal episodes and two live ones released this year!!! one live one will surely be the london one. what exciting news.

Paaaaul

HH-ers should definitely listen to today's Hello From The Magic Tavern. A+

BritishHobo

I'm catching up on the Brian Gittins & Friends podcast after falling behind. Not sure if the James Acaster episode has been released outside of Patreon yet but fucking hell it's funny. Acaster is so amused by David's enthusiastic chatter.

They make for my favourite episodes, when people are just really enjoying David Edwards. I love how much he makes David Earl genuinely laugh, and how willing Earl is to just let him ramble confidently. He's fucking great. Earl and Acaster trying to get him to just say something heartfelt to his best friend without being theatrical about it had me howling.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 13, 2018, 05:00:29 PM
I'm catching up on the Brian Gittins & Friends podcast after falling behind. Not sure if the James Acaster episode has been released outside of Patreon yet but fucking hell it's funny. Acaster is so amused by David's enthusiastic chatter.

They make for my favourite episodes, when people are just really enjoying David Edwards. I love how much he makes David Earl genuinely laugh, and how willing Earl is to just let him ramble confidently. He's fucking great. Earl and Acaster trying to get him to just say something heartfelt to his best friend without being theatrical about it had me howling.

It has become one of my favourites too.
Really odd, but so fucking funny.

Hank Venture

Adam Jr from the newest Cum Town finally broke my brain. I thought I was going to die in public.

BeardFaceMan

MjjW

I love and need podcasts in my life. Managed to get a great deal last year of annual stitcher premium for $3.50. So even though the app seemed awful I gradually moved everything over from Downcast and Howl. Was ok cause worked through all the comedy albums I wanted to and the Earwolf premium stuff like live CBB, HH (which I prefer having ads on) and THREEDOM! But now it will be jumping up to $35 a year and I'm considering going back to Downcast. Could always check occasionally for new premium content and rinse that in a month. THOUGHTS?!? OPINIONS?!? INSULTS?!!

Also thanks for above. Can anyone else remember a relatively early WTF episode maybe 2009ish that had a story from someone about an improv bootcamp thing, may have been UCB, that got gradually more and more harrowing until it was obvious it was made up? Difficult to find based on hazy memory.

petercussing

Quote from: Paaaaul on July 09, 2018, 10:34:03 PM
HH-ers should definitely listen to today's Hello From The Magic Tavern. A+

This was very funny thanks for the heads up

Neomod

Quote from: MjjW on July 15, 2018, 09:58:22 AM
I love and need podcasts in my life. Managed to get a great deal last year of annual stitcher premium for $3.50. So even though the app seemed awful I gradually moved everything over from Downcast and Howl. Was ok cause worked through all the comedy albums I wanted to and the Earwolf premium stuff like live CBB, HH (which I prefer having ads on) and THREEDOM! But now it will be jumping up to $35 a year and I'm considering going back to Downcast. Could always check occasionally for new premium content and rinse that in a month. THOUGHTS?!? OPINIONS?!? INSULTS?!!

I got that same deal just to d/l the CBB live shows and specials and will be cancelling before it ends in august. Such a terrible app and desktop site and I used the unauthorised RSS feeds with podkicker but have noticed some older episodes are 'not found'. Not impressed with stitcher.

MjjW

How could they fuck it up so badly? I have managed to get used to the Stitcher app cause I wanted it to be good so I could support Earwolf stuff. But no. I'm headed back to Downcast.

Famous Mortimer

Forever Dog is producing some fine podcasts - there's Brett Davis' "The Podcast For Laundry", Public Domain Theater, Treks And The City, Three Swings...lots of interesting things going on there.

Ron Superior

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 15, 2455, 09:47:09 AM

Thanks for this hobo. Had no idea about this podcast but since listening to the Acaster ep on Monday I've got through about 10 more and am obsessed. Whenever they get on a run where David has to do something but Brian, Charles and the guest are interrupting, like the Not Going Out scene with Katy Wix, it's hilarious. Favourite episodes so far have been Katy, Tim Key, Jamie Demitriou, and Robin Cooper.

gabrielconroy

Quote from: Ron Superior on July 18, 2018, 08:26:39 AM
Thanks for this hobo. Had no idea about this podcast but since listening to the Acaster ep on Monday I've got through about 10 more and am obsessed. Whenever they get on a run where David has to do something but Brian, Charles and the guest are interrupting, like the Not Going Out scene with Katy Wix, it's hilarious. Favourite episodes so far have been Katy, Tim Key, Jamie Demitriou, and Robin Cooper.

Just came here to say pretty much exactly this. It's a really hilarious podcast. The funniest so far has been Robin Cooper, followed by Tim Key, James Acaster and Diane Morgan.

gabrielconroy

The Robert Popper episode of that is perfect from start to finish.

"We came here to talk about british time capsules...singularly, right?"

sprocket

This week's Hollywood Handbook is a bit special.

Really good Brian Gittins & Friends podcast went up today with guest Matt Morgan.

Sin Agog

Ta for the heads up!  Always miss Matt Morgan, even when he's right in front of me.

Haven't listened yet, but I plan to play a drinking game for whenever the co-host says 'sort of thing.'

BritishHobo

It's a lovely episode, didn't want to say anything as I wasn't sure if it had been announced outside of Patreon. Always wonderful hearing from him.

David Edwards' camp impressions had me howling and all.