Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:30:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy Podcasts - Howl was Stitched up

Started by brat-sampson, September 04, 2017, 11:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmoney

Thanks for the Brian Gittens and Friends recommendations, I've binged a load in the last few days. I'm finding them very funny, quite hard to put my finger on why. I tried Brian's old podcast and didn't get it at all really, but him bouncing off of David Edwards is great. It also helps the Edwards drops West Sussex references all the time, which is my old stomping ground.

DrGreggles

Quote from: gmoney on July 28, 2018, 10:43:40 PM
I'm finding them very funny, quite hard to put my finger on why.

Likewise.
They're definitely very funny though.

chveik

Me and a friend do a podcast in Australia where we get comedians on to tell a party story, and then we read out a script that we've written based on it. We'd really appreciate feedback if you want to listen, you can dive into any of them they're all standalone.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/late-night-party-boyz/id1268522265?mt=2

Hank Venture

The two recent Hollywood Handbook episodes with Joe Mande are unreal. Had me cracking up hard.

gmoney

I've become a fan of David Edwards since rinsing the Brian Gittens and Friends Podcast. Shame there's not more of his stuff about, but I did find this video, which I enjoyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmIu9Ts60uM

DrGreggles

I've started re-listening to the Gittens pod from the start.
SO MUCH GOLD!

Crabwalk

Quote from: gmoney on August 28, 2018, 10:58:28 PM
I've become a fan of David Edwards since rinsing the Brian Gittens and Friends Podcast. Shame there's not more of his stuff about, but I did find this video, which I enjoyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmIu9Ts60uM

Good stuff, and impressively free of pointing. Well done David.

Ron Superior

Yes, I've become quite obsessed with David. Going back to the start of the podcast, it's reassuring to see how he started off really quite Partridge, and has dropped it a great amount, all for the better.

I enjoyed that video gmoney had shared a lot, and had got in touch to see if more was forthcoming, but didn't hear back. The only other sketch video I was able to find was this, which was enjoyable too: https://youtu.be/NgKu4-FIWpU

Penfold

Andy Daly PPP Season 2 starts on Thursday 6th September for free.

kittens

anyone going to the London podcast festival? i have tickets to superego
tonight and complete woman tomorrow. do you get to meet the stars.

gmoney

Quote from: Penfold on September 01, 2018, 07:11:04 PM

The first episode (Dalton Wilcox) is fantastic.

chveik

Quote from: Penfold on September 01, 2018, 07:11:04 PM

Where can you find them?

Quote from: gmoney on September 14, 2018, 05:29:37 PM
The first episode (Dalton Wilcox) is fantastic.

The true crime parody with Cactus Tony is great too.
I also think Daly should do more stuff with his Ron L. Hubbard character.

edit: Byron Denniston appears in the last CBB episode

Famous Mortimer

"Uhh Yeah Dude" is introducing video versions of every episode, which will be available if you give them more than $5 a month via their Patreon. I'm not sure anyone asked for this, really, as the video of two middle-aged guys sat in a room not doing much of anything won't be...super-exciting? Or maybe it will, and maybe thousands of their fans have been begging for this. I presume live eps will be next. Eh.

gmoney

They did do videos early on, there's some up on youtube still I think. They do add a little bit I suppose, but not really my thing. I've never really got on board with with video podcasts. Generally I listen to them while doing something else, so sitting in front of a screen watching not much happen feels like a waste of time. As long as they don't start taking up time on the regular podcast doing pieces explicitly for the viewers, I can't see it making much of an impact on me.

This one sticks in my mind. It's nice to see what they look like, I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xluqh7SdMLc

Penfold

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 15, 2018, 03:21:38 PM
"Uhh Yeah Dude" is introducing video versions of every episode, which will be available if you give them more than $5 a month via their Patreon. I'm not sure anyone asked for this, really, as the video of two middle-aged guys sat in a room not doing much of anything won't be...super-exciting? Or maybe it will, and maybe thousands of their fans have been begging for this. I presume live eps will be next. Eh.

Have you heard of NormMcDonald? He's a guy who can say whatever with no consequences while also being a bit dull talking to other people.

petercussing

Quote from: kittens on September 14, 2018, 04:05:56 PM
anyone going to the London podcast festival? i have tickets to superego
tonight and complete woman tomorrow. do you get to meet the stars.

Clearly not, unless you jump up on stage and charge after them, judging by today.

Holy shit though, I saw the Complete Woman and haven't laughed so much in ages. That was so amazing!! I saw i was there too as well and that was fantastic. God, i'm so happy and was just grinning like an idiot as soon as i got in the building with the thought of seeing two of my fav shows. Amanda Lund is so funny and having seen all the Superego guys absolutely smashing it totally made up for not seeing them the day before.

Got tix for James Bonding too and am also heavy with fine merch. I'M SO HAPPY!

Jesus though, i've never felt so clearly a huge nerd. There was tons of us. All by ourselves cos no one we know likes the podcast cos we can't get them to listen to them.

kittens

after superego you could queue to meet them, but i had to get to my airbnb, and queueing to meet people always seems like an odd thing to do.

fantastic couple of days! was front row centre for superego, front row for complete woman, and there too for i was there too. would've liked to have seen spontaneanation tonight, and that earwolf characters panel tomorrow, but i can't have everything can i.

Neomod

The raised by TV episode with PFT has led me to this. The inevitable Would I Lie to You/Mr Show crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySvU6FWJkfg

Been listening to Babysitting Trevor recently and it's a proper treat, it's Carl Donnelly and Chris Martin helping Trevor Crook become a more rounded, less odd man. Trevor Crook is so endearingly eccentric and offbeat and makes it work really well, some of his stories are very cackle worthy and his deadpan mumbling delivery just improves them.

chveik

I'm a big fan of the Best Show and I've just listened to 2 episodes of Hollywood Handbook where Tom Scharpling is the guest. They were really funny but is it worth it to suscrible to stitcher to listen to the other episodes?

kittens

hollywood handbook is the funniest and best podcast so yes.

brat-sampson

You can listen to HH without subscribing to Stitcher, the main podcast is free. They also do a weekly 'pro version' that's essentially more of the same, but usually without a guest, for subscribers though.

Penfold

There's another Tom episode due soon I think.

Paaaaul

Quote from: brat-sampson on October 07, 2018, 11:35:03 AM
You can listen to HH without subscribing to Stitcher, the main podcast is free. They also do a weekly 'pro version' that's essentially more of the same, but usually without a guest, for subscribers though.
Only the last 6 months'worth of HH is free. The older stuff is all on Stitcher Premium.
I think it's worth your money, because HH is great and you've got loads to enjoy there on top of the Scharpling episodes.
Quote from: Penfold on October 07, 2018, 12:49:05 PM
There's another Tom episode due soon I think.
Yep. They recorded a live one about a month ago that has yet to appear.

chveik

On a related note, is the new Scharpling podcast Meet My Friends the Friends any good?

Paaaaul

Quote from: chveik on October 07, 2018, 04:51:44 PM
On a related note, is the new Scharpling podcast Meet My Friends the Friends any good?
I haven't enjoyed it at all.
I'm not a fan of Friends, which hasn't helped, and the non-Friends material in there is meant to be revealed naturally in conversation, but feels horribly clunky. I listened until 3 or 4 episodes into season 2, but I had to bail at that point.

Penfold

Quote from: Paaaaul on October 07, 2018, 01:52:32 PM
Yep. They recorded a live one about a month ago that has yet to appear.

That reminds me

https://youtu.be/CBqTPfyqffo

That was another Tom live ep recorded at last year's Vulture Fest.

Ron Superior

Don't know if it's just me but I use Podcast Addict and the Pro Version feed just appeared 
When I searched for HH. And it's brilliant. The recent live show was amazing.