Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:52:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy Podcasts - Howl was Stitched up

Started by brat-sampson, September 04, 2017, 11:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlasticTom

boring question

I've decided to finally subscribe to get all the CBB's etc... Is Stitcher the way to go? I heard the app used to be a bit crap but presumably Stitcher Premium is the only way to get all the stuff?

kittens

i use "podcast addict" which i have found to be much better than stitcher. if you log in to this website using  your stitcher credentials you can get the 'rss feeds' to add the podcasts onto your app of choice. this is the extent of my knowledge, fuck knows what an 'rss feed' actually is. but just go on 'add podcast by rss feed' or whatever and you should be golden.

mjwilson

An RSS feed is what a podcast is made of

Dusty Substance

Quote from: PlasticTom on April 13, 2020, 06:46:29 PM
boring question

I've decided to finally subscribe to get all the CBB's etc... Is Stitcher the way to go? I heard the app used to be a bit crap but presumably Stitcher Premium is the only way to get all the stuff?

The Stitcher app is still terrible. I'm happy to pay for premium content and access to all the past episodes but the app isn't user friendly in the slightest.

PlasticTom

Understood, thanks. I'll mainly be using it to stream in the car. Will see how it goes, and I think I understand the rss thing as its how I got patreon feeds into the iTunes app

PlasticTom

Is that 3.99 to remove ads on podcast addict a one-off charge?

kittens

guess so. i must have bought that when i first got it. haven't had to spend any more money on it. it's not amazing but far better than stitcher

beanheadmcginty

The only ads on Podcast Addict are visual ones at the bottom of the app screen so there's no sane reason to pay 3.99 for their removal. There's a load of CBB content on Stitcher that is unavailable elsewhere (live shows mainly).

PlasticTom

I'm all sorted thanks all. It's worth it so far for the Manchester live episode that I went to a few years ago. Jon Gabrus was on insane form

I just subscribed to stitcher a few days ago, thought they deserve it after 10 years listening to Earwolf for free. I've accepted that I have to change how I listen to podcasts. No more Sundays downloading 30 episodes from the last 6 weeks, sorting them, tagging them, backing them up, uploading them to my phone. Now it's just all on the app. It probably is better to be fair. The Teachers Lounge minis are pretty good so far.

Don't know if it was worth starting a new thread or not; I swear there was a thread for my specific question but this is what I found, but does anyone here run a comedy podcast? I've done one for a year and a half but that've had much audience reaction besides guests saying they enjoyed it - so who knows what that means