Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:31:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy Podcasts - Howl was Stitched up

Started by brat-sampson, September 04, 2017, 11:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amoral

^^ I am such a person and the concept holds little to no appeal to me. Most of what they've talked about so far I either didn't watch or don't remember. I generally enjoy Lapkus and Gabrus though, so I'll probably keep listening, despite my objections to the whole "Remember the 90's?!" thing.

Quote from: Thursday on November 13, 2017, 06:14:30 PM
*sigh* All I want is an episode of Comedy Bang Bang with Chief but no Bone Queef. I've laughed at equally juvenile things on the show, so I wish I could understand how it manages to be so transcendentally unfunny.

Bone, like I've got a bone to pick with you over this wildly incorrect opinion, and queef like a pussyfart.

Paaaaul

Quote from: Thursday on November 13, 2017, 06:14:30 PM
*sigh* All I want is an episode of Comedy Bang Bang with Chief but no Bone Queef. I've laughed at equally juvenile things on the show, so I wish I could understand how it manages to be so
transcendentally unfunny.

EARWOLF BOT DETECTS DISMAY...
EARWOLF BOT CONTACTS SCOTTOBOT...
SCOTTOBOT RELEASES EMERGENCY EPISODE...

The Roofdog

*sigh* All I want is more Solo Bolos...     *runs away*

non capisco

Quote from: The Roofdog on November 16, 2017, 02:40:28 PM
*sigh* All I want is more Solo Bolos...     *runs away*

Yeah, you better run! Keep running! You maniac!

brat-sampson

Liked the English fellow today. His reading was a nice satire of some imaginary Adams/DFW mashup nightmare.

brat-sampson

One of Podcasting's most surprising successes, YTU2TM is back with a sclusie, a full album preview of the group's next release, Songs of Experience.

Join Scott and Scott now to hear more.

Paaaaul

New Womp It Up today too.
First episode in nearly 2 years.

DrGreggles

Pappy's are tweeting that tickets are on sale for their Xmas Flatshare Slamdown recording on 10th December.

phantom_power

Quote from: Paaaaul on November 28, 2017, 08:29:14 AM
New Womp It Up today too.
First episode in nearly 2 years.

And a new U Talking U2 2 Me. First in about 3 years I think. Great ep as well. I really hope they do the REM podcast as while I love UTU22M, I don't really like the music of U2, certainly for the last 25 years anyway, whereas I love REM

Paaaaul

Quote from: phantom_power on December 07, 2017, 10:51:17 AM
And a new U Talking U2 2 Me. First in about 3 years I think. Great ep as well. I really hope they do the REM podcast as while I love UTU22M, I don't really like the music of U2, certainly for the last 25 years anyway, whereas I love REM
https://www.change.org/p/scott-aukerman-scott-and-scott-do-an-r-e-m-podcast

Paaaaul

Comedy Bang Bang's live one-off shows are usually great. It's the tour shows where you can sometimes hear the "let's plough through this shit with a smile on our faces one more time" attitude.
The live show from the Pee Cast Blast (now available on your Stitcher Premiums and your Howls) is without a doubt the worst one yet. Full of undeveloped one-joke characters, and Mary Holland does possibly the poorest segment of all time. I'm surprised it took Scott so long to call her out on her nonsense. And yes, they sing a song at the end clearly to pad out the show because it had hit a wall and they needed to reach a certain length to fulfil their contract.
Caveat emptor.

For balance, The Teacher's Lounge remains amazing, and there's a new Superego Cinema commentary up - Die Hard.

Neomod

Quote from: Paaaaul on December 21, 2017, 09:07:51 AM
Comedy Bang Bang's live one-off shows are usually great. It's the tour shows where you can sometimes hear the "let's plough through this shit with a smile on our faces one more time" attitude.
The live show from the Pee Cast Blast (now available on your Stitcher Premiums and your Howls) is without a doubt the worst one yet. Full of undeveloped one-joke characters, and Mary Holland does possibly the poorest segment of all time. I'm surprised it took Scott so long to call her out on her nonsense. And yes, they sing a song at the end clearly to pad out the show because it had hit a wall and they needed to reach a certain length to fulfil their contract.
Caveat emptor.

For balance, The Teacher's Lounge remains amazing, and there's a new Superego Cinema commentary up - Die Hard.

Would that CBB pee cast come under CBB specials on stitcher? Doesn't seem to be showing up in my feed.

Paaaaul

Quote from: Neomod on December 21, 2017, 10:14:30 AM
Would that CBB pee cast come under CBB specials on stitcher? Doesn't seem to be showing up in my feed.
On Howl there is a new feed called Pee Cast Blast, which I presume would be the same on the Stitchers.

Famous Mortimer

Enjoying some Australian ones - Ash & Ed, which is Ed Kavalee and his mate Ash Williams, who was briefly a jobbing actor in LA before moving back to Australia and living a life designed for podcast anecdotes. Now he's on Neighbours as an exotic dancer, apparently (Ash, not Ed). Also, the two of them do "T.E.A.M. Effort", which has people like Tony Martin and Lawrence Mooney on it, which is more just sharing stories with a very loose theme - still very funny, though.

Tony Martin also does one called "Childproof", which is a sitcom he co-wrote, failed to sell and then decided to turn into a radio show. It's pretty trad-sitcommy, but it's worth a listen if you have any love for trad sitcoms and sharp writing.

Would that I had the time to keep up with yer CBBs and so on. I had the vague idea of starting from the beginning, got about 50 episodes in and hated that occasional guest host Scott had, so drifted away from it. Perhaps that style of improv just isn't for me. But I do like Dr Gameshow, Uhh Yeah Dude and Lady 2 Lady. Although I notice I'm like 15 episodes back with Uhh Yeah Dude. Perhaps all podcasts could take one month a year off and let people catch up?

brat-sampson

Heard the first CBB BO 2017. I always love these, even though for the first few years I didn't know they had so much new content/BS riffing, which is usually the best part. That and the behind-the-scenes goss. So far I was surprised to seeChief's debut already, as I had it easily in my top 5. Interested to see where the rest goes, even though I know by now that my views don't tend to align with the wider listenership (by which I mean: I predict a Bolo).

non capisco

I was pleased to hear PFT shares my long-held scepticism regarding the origins of Sting's stagename.

No Solo Bolo as of yet but Schwartz has appeared in the countdown in an episode where he is, as usual, comedy death.

robotam

Feral Audio looks like it might be dead. Founder Dustin Marshall sounds like a cunt.
https://dustinmarshallsblog.tumblr.com/post/168918337660/being-an-abuser-mental-health-by-dustin-marshall#notes

Hopefully the doughboys are able to hire Yusong with all that Patron money

Edit:think he's deleted the part about shutting down Feral. Bunch of podcasts are reassessing their relationship with feral anyway

Starburns was already the silent backer of Feral, so it's likely to cause minimal disruption for listeners.

Thursday

Quote from: robotam on December 29, 2017, 04:03:57 PM
Feral Audio looks like it might be dead. Founder Dustin Marshall sounds like a cunt.
https://dustinmarshallsblog.tumblr.com/post/168918337660/being-an-abuser-mental-health-by-dustin-marshall#notes

Hopefully the doughboys are able to hire Yusong with all that Patron money

Edit:think he's deleted the part about shutting down Feral. Bunch of podcasts are reassessing their relationship with feral anyway

I seem to remember him having beef with Earwolf, since he was an engineer there and then he was fired and he went and formed Feral Audio.

I vaguely recall reading what he had to say about it and thinking "you kind of have a point, but you also kind of seem like a cunt" so it's gratifying to have that vague memory vindicated.

brat-sampson

I've decided I don't really care about the order, but I'd forgotten just what a good year CBB had in 2017. Most of these have been gold, and at 3hr20, this last Bestuv must be the longest episode they've ever made.

Keep it up, Scotty, keep it up.

Famous Mortimer

Dr Gameshow is some excellent stuff, it used to be on WFMU but now it's back as a podcast and it's really funny. Jo Firestone and guests play games submitted by members of the public, and also members of the public phone in to compete in the games (although the last couple of phone-ins have just been other comedians).

PlasticTom

Dan Harmon and Jessica Gao's 'Whiting Wongs' podcast is excellent. Race issues discussed, mainly in reference to TV writing. It's a really challenging and enlightening listen. 10 eps so far

Incidentally, for anyone that had ducked out - Harmontown has been without a live audience for about three months now and is loads better. The audience was easily the worst thing about Harmontown. They still do D&D but you can just turn it off at that point

rasta-spouse

I'm on the 3rd of the 2017 C-BangBang best ofs and I've been stonyfaced through all three. Which is unusual, all the "best of" ones I've ever listened to have killed me. The Monster Fuck is great though, as is that whole Halloween espisode.

PlasticTom

For fans of men apologising for things, there's a pretty intense apology from Dan Harmon in the first 10 minutes of this week's Harmontown.

Mobius

Quote from: rasta-spouse on January 08, 2018, 08:57:31 PM
I'm on the 3rd of the 2017 C-BangBang best ofs and I've been stonyfaced through all three. Which is unusual, all the "best of" ones I've ever listened to have killed me. The Monster Fuck is great though, as is that whole Halloween espisode.

What was that one with PFT and loads others in the room? I think it was related to Bajillion Dollar Properties? One of them played a loud old deaf woman I assume, that just shrieked "YEAH!" That was awful.

Bob Ducca was good

Neomod

Quote from: Mobius on January 10, 2018, 08:43:05 PM
One of them played a loud old deaf woman I assume, that just shrieked "YEAH!" That was awful.

That was Scott's ex-girlfriend.

Paaaaul

Andy Daly's Podcast Pilot Podcast Project is back! This year!

BeardFaceMan

Ooh nice. Is that on Earwolf or is it premium? I was a bit disappointed with that cowboy podcast thing he did but I dont think he wrote it so I'll let him off. This time.