Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:19:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chart Music Podcast

Started by DrGreggles, September 05, 2017, 07:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

famethrowa

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on February 19, 2019, 10:23:46 PM
Al's also confirmed that the episode is full of bile and probably going to be the longest one so far.

Good, because I was listening back to The Specials discussion/lovefest from a few 'casts back and it near did me in. They weren't that good, boys

Quote from: non capisco on February 19, 2019, 09:50:18 PM
Oh please yes.

Please let it be one of the later bloated dogshit singles, All Around the World would be perfect.

Epic Bisto

Another long episode featuring The Bee and The Kulk, with added Oasis hate?

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: famethrowa on February 20, 2019, 12:43:36 AM
Good, because I was listening back to The Specials discussion/lovefest from a few 'casts back and it near did me in. They weren't that good, boys

Oh, they were but depends what rocks your boat. The Hues Corporation, for instance?

DrGreggles

The Specials definitely were that good.

famethrowa

That may have come out wrong... I mean they were good, good tunes an all, but come on boys, coat em down

buzby

Quote from: famethrowa on February 20, 2019, 09:31:19 PM
That may have come out wrong... I mean they were good, good tunes an all, but come on boys, coat em down
Not going to happen - most of the CM gang were 2-Tone/ska fans. I dread any episode that features New Order coming up as Al has repeatedly stated he 'fucking hates New Order'.

Crabwalk

Quote from: Al
High-Flying Cats, prepare to SOAR

Alright, Pop-Crazed Youngsters - the next episode is ready, but it's too MASSIVE for Patreon. So later today, when I get back in, I'll be working out and implimenting an alternative way of getting it to you. Sit tight, and listen keenly..

Just releasing it in two parts would be the obvious solution, I'd have thought?

Crabwalk

It's been released as a download link on Patreon to the $5 brigade.

Shall we keep everything spoiler free until it's released to everyone? Seems only fair.

Yeah, especially as Al has asked us not to reveal contents and he's also aware of this thread. Seems the fair thing to do.

Quote from: Crabwalk on February 21, 2019, 04:08:13 PM
Shall we keep everything spoiler free until it's released to everyone? Seems only fair.

Agree with this.  Not even an "oh my, that Bros bit" or anything.

(I don't know if Bros is on it, could be anyone.)

DrGreggles

Fair enough, no juicy dangles for the pauper-crazed youngsters.

sweeper

Amazing episode!

Can't believe it's the last one ever.

thraxx

Quote from: sweeper on February 21, 2019, 06:40:34 PM
Amazing episode!

Erm, sorry?!

Brundle-Fly

Amazing episode!

I don't know how they got hold of a wiped TOTP 1960s episode with an impromptu performance of The Beatles and The Kinks performing live together a mash-up of Strawberry Fields Forever and Waterloo Sunset. And with Patrick Troughton on spoons too.

non capisco

B.A Robertson was a good sport to turn up, to be fair. Wish they did a video version so I could have seen the expression on Taylor's face!

DrGreggles

There was no reason for him to punch Toyah though.
That was slightly uncalled for.

Epic Bisto

Erm, I'm not sure about all the adverts that kept cropping up on this episode. If I have to hear Andy O from Blue Zoo droning on about his fungi foraging workshops one more time, I'll deck the cunt.

Camp Tramp

I enjoyed Neil's passionate defence of 2 Live Crew.

thraxx

Amazing episode!

Sorry, this still hasn't been explained, say it isn't so!

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

No need for alarm, it's just a bit of horseplay.

thraxx

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on February 22, 2019, 12:16:56 AM
No need for alarm, it's just a bit of horseplay.

Thanks for that, things are shite at the moment and I need this podcast.

This podcast will hopefully be lifting our spirits for many moons to come.

I'm still hoping they sort out merch. I want a Here Comes Jism t-shirt.

I would proudly wear a Pipou/Two Man Sound badge.

Two and a half hours into this episode, Al cracks an absolutely fantastic, spontaneous Slipknot gag.

I wonder how some of the pop-crazed youngsters will feel about this particular podcast? I found it absolutely fascinating and cathartic, but it's not your typical CM episode at all.

famethrowa

It's a tough ride, this episode: cold and harsh but awe-inspiring. There's not much of the usual callbacks and injokes and DJ-coating, just the harshness of the awful new century. I really need to go wrap myself in the cosy blanket of a mid-70s episode now. Take me back to the eighventies please, Bummerdog

dr beat

Without giving too much away, the first hour or so has been great.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on February 22, 2019, 02:59:42 AM
I wonder how some of the pop-crazed youngsters will feel about this particular podcast? I found it absolutely fascinating and cathartic, but it's not your typical CM episode at all.

I think it might be my favourite so far. Found it fascinating.