Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:21:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chart Music Podcast

Started by DrGreggles, September 05, 2017, 07:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boki

I don't think I've ever wanted to see a picture of a cosplaying Simon Bates so much in my life (not that I'm a High Flying Cat anyway).

Cursus

If any of you have got a couple of thousand pounds going spare, then now's your chance to recreate your very own episode of TOTP, as a genuine stage sign is being auctioned later today.

SteveDave

They tweeted
Spoiler alert
five and a half hours
[close]
40 minutes ago.

I'm no longer a Patreon person though so I'll get it meted out in chunks.

The length must mean about half an hour per track, or an anniversary episode with lots of old clips.

I wonder if they took a break in the middle for drinks and bathroom needs?

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Cursus on July 01, 2020, 09:37:32 AM
If any of you have got a couple of thousand pounds going spare, then now's your chance to recreate your very own episode of TOTP, as a genuine stage sign is being auctioned later today.

Up to £3000? Stroll on...

daf

Quote from: SteveDave on July 01, 2020, 02:44:20 PM
I'm no longer a Patreon person though so I'll get it meted out in chunks.

I am on the Patreon, but my clapped out ZX81 won't log me in anymore, however . . .

I actually prefer it in the 90 minute chunks - after I edit out the horrible adverts, of course *

- - - - - - - - - -
* "ello, do you wanna listen to the nonce-bashers podcast - where we talk to other nonce-bashing cockerneys about bashing nonces . . ."

non capisco

Chart Music completists should also note you do get a tiny bit of extra content in the bitesize episodes at the beginning and end, even if it is just Taylor mumbling "see ya" or Al going "aaaaaaaallright, me ducks". I'll take all of it I can get.

Crabwalk

This episode is going to be a third of the length of the audiobook for A Tale of Two Cities.

As it should be.

"It was the best of charts and the worst of charts."

shiftwork2

Get the fuck in.  Monday wouldn't it be, for patreon people?

'Long-changed' doesn't apply to CMP.  The longer the better.  As opposed to my feelings on, for example 2.5h+ films or anyone coming back on for a second encore.

Crabwalk

It's available, High-Flying Cats.

non capisco

Quote from: Crabwalk on July 02, 2020, 01:06:05 PM
It's available, High-Flying Cats.

Spoiler alert
Taylor on 1975, probably the worst musical year of that decade. No wonder it's over five hours long!
[close]

Taylor seems to be in decent shape. Taylor and Stubbs getting the mid-70s episode seems a good thing.

DrGreggles

The last TOTP episode that I wasn't alive for!

"All tits matter" - coffee on keyboard

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Half an hour into this epic, and the first big laugh for me has occurred:
Spoiler alert
Al mentions that, in 1975, fat Elvis was eating ten ice creams a day, a diet which would be the envy of children everywhere. Taylor: "He must be the happiest man in the world."
[close]

Five more hours to go! Oh Chart Music, how you spoil us so.

The Roofdog

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 02, 2020, 03:30:31 PM
Half an hour into this epic, and the first big laugh for me has occurred:
Spoiler alert
Al mentions that, in 1975, fat Elvis was eating ten ice creams a day, a diet which would be the envy of children everywhere. Taylor: "He must be the happiest man in the world."
[close]

Five more hours to go! Oh Chart Music, how you spoil us so.

"Paying London rent to
Spoiler alert
effectively live in a shipping container drifting through interstellar space
[close]
" was mine

Another perfectly bleak analogy from our Taylor.

DrGreggles

Taylor describing
Spoiler alert
David van Day
[close]
as
Spoiler alert
looking like he's made from Clip-Art
[close]
got me.

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 02, 2020, 05:14:06 PM
Taylor describing
Spoiler alert
David van Day
[close]
as
Spoiler alert
looking like he's made from Clip-Art
[close]
got me.

He's on top form so far.
Spoiler alert
I also loved his vivid description of leonine Guys 'n' Dolls singer Dominic Grant's perfect '70s lifestyle. That song is mint, though. I love that whole niche sub-genre of pseudo-hippie, vapidly egalitarian, singalong bubblegum, it makes me happy.
[close]

dr beat

Nice to hear
Spoiler alert
the tributes to Tim Brooke-Taylor
[close]

dr beat

Almost 95 pages! Lets show them Glinner and Labour types what for!

dr beat

'Sailing' close to the wind in places.  Careful now.

dr beat

Spoiler alert
Mike Reid. And yes! Freezincold...gets a mention! You utter beauties! Is it on the playlist?
[close]

non capisco

boki

Taylor's
Spoiler alert
magnificent coatdown of COVID-19
[close]
is some
Spoiler alert
body-shaming
[close]
I can get behind.

Are those still spoilers now that the first bits available to us low-flying plebs?  I'm assuming it probably should be for  a day or so.

Only 30 mins in so far and have already been reminded at least half a dozen times why I fucking love this podcast. Al's idea for a magazine had me laughing into my homemade mask in Sainsbury's so at least nobody clocked me.

Quote from: dr beat on July 02, 2020, 06:37:50 PM
'Sailing' close to the wind in places.  Careful now.

In what places in particular?

dr beat

Discussion of a certain longstanding summer holiday loving singer.  I can see why this spent so much time in the edit.

Quote from: dr beat on July 03, 2020, 02:46:53 PM
Discussion of a certain longstanding summer holiday loving singer.  I can see why this spent so much time in the edit.

They've always sailed quite close to the wind whenever HW hoves into view, but I don't think Al has anything to worry about. Yes, there are jokes and insinuations, but nothing which could be construed as outright libel.