Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:01:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

SEGA

Started by Barry Admin, September 07, 2017, 12:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Sonic Team didn't work on Sonic Mania

I know

Bhazor

Can you imagine if Nintendo's primary team released a mainline Mario game like Sonic 06? Shigsy would have their thumbs.

biggytitbo

SUper Monkey Ball on the Gamecube is amazing, not least because you get really fun monkey themed versions of pool, bowling and golf on top of the already steller main games and monkey target. It was a perfect match for that controller too.

All stars racing is a lot of fun but with a big flaw in that the 'all stars' are all shite.

Mr_Simnock

If the Sega megadrive was released maybe just a year later things could have been very different, from what I gathered years ago nintendo were close to finalizing the super nintendo design and build but once the megadrive appeared they realized it needed some serious upgrades to compete hence stuff like the inbuilt scaling capabilities and the good sound chip. I am a big SEGA fan myself but have come to enjoy nintendo and all it's output. My big issue now with nintendo is that apart form the original Wii it has done bugger all of interest for about 10 years now and for gods sake does it need some new ideas for games, mario and zelda should be fucked off to history by now.

biggytitbo

A lot of SNES games were plagued by slowdown, whereas megadrive games were often much smoother and faster. The SNES had all those colours and snazzy graphics effects and most people seem to prefer the sound on the SNES, but then you listen to Streets of Rage 2 and it blows everything else out of the water.

Bazooka

ECCO The Dolphin, the greatest atmosphere created in the history of gaming bar Silent Hill's.

Ferris

Quote from: Bazooka on September 09, 2017, 01:01:08 AM
ECCO The Dolphin, the greatest atmosphere created in the history of gaming bar Silent Hill's.

Yeah that was fucking legit

Bhazor

And the story was based on a dolphin that fell in love with a woman who tossed him off.

Kolba

Pfft look at you lot talking about Sega like you think you know the score. I bet none of you ever played on a Saturn.

If ever a game qualified as a singularly astounding, unique and emotionally resonant piece of interactive art it's Panzer Dragoon Saga, so less of this talk of Sega being no more than 'high-quality trash' lads.

Sega provided a platform for the purest essence of distilled gaming perfection in the Saturn era, but the problem is no cunt bought it because the only thing that speaks to you is monkeys running around in plastic balls. FUCK YOU ALL

doppelkorn

It's not called Super Monkey Ball it's called Monkeyrama.

remedial_gash

Quote from: Kolba on September 09, 2017, 03:39:43 AM
Pfft look at you lot talking about Sega like you think you know the score. I bet none of you ever played on a Saturn.

If ever a game qualified as a singularly astounding, unique and emotionally resonant piece of interactive art it's Battle Garegga

Sorry

Compare the play in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZfNrJXTeCA

To this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhIDYkeQvA

It's the most complex shmup in turns of mechanics/scoring and until the very recently released PS4 version was the only one you could have on a home system, apart from mame.

I can rarely reach stage 3 on 1 credit, yet mame says I've spent 18 hours playing it.

The SNES just didn't have:

Road Rash
Revenge of the Shinobi
Streets of Rage (The second one was amazing)
John Madden Football '92
Gunstar Heroes
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
NHLPA Hockley '93
Golden Axe
World Cup Italia 90
Mortal Kombat with blood

Bazooka

Shout out to Vectorman.

biggytitbo

Barry Admin

I just tried Vectorman again there, and it's pushing my shit in. Gonna skip to the sequel. I'm playing a Mega Drive collection on the 360, and should probably just bring my arcade stick into the bedroom, as the 360 controller is awful to go back to.

You know what? A lot of these games seem a lot harder cause of the 4:3 ratio, too. Vectorman is a great example - you only have a relatively small area showing on screen, which makes dodging and prediction an awful lot trickier.

I must play Sonic Spinball again. Never been much of a Sonic fan, but this compilation lets you rank games, and I gave that one 5 stars last time I played it. High score: 16692500

Shay Chaise

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on September 08, 2017, 10:39:07 PMMy big issue now with nintendo is that apart form the original Wii it has done bugger all of interest for about 10 years now and for gods sake does it need some new ideas for games, mario and zelda should be fucked off to history by now.

Your the biggest idiot going