Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:53:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Incremental Idleness

Started by Chairman Bodog, September 13, 2017, 06:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairman Bodog

These dopaminergic cashcrack slush puppies depress me beyond kindle tablets. I was always aware of just how soul leeching these anhedonic incremental games were but I can't believe the amount of power that they hold over the mind. I suspect more insidious incentives are at play here, past the buck grab ads. I've just self experimented with Realm Grinders whist browsing Cabbers and it's been head splitting me to a discordant point where my attention is both glued rotten and acquiescent and fixated on anything but the goal. The CIA could well have a department of app developers that test your willingness to spend and wait, to see how you use time on your side to get to the next level.

I remember downloading Adventure Capitalist and jaw boxer dropping at the insane micro transactions, and it's not even really a fucking game! Time and money control. I got round that fact by manually tweaking my date in the PS4 settings to the year 2099 and then going back to the title and instantly winning everything. There's your work smart ethic, sonny jam jar.

What do you think about these games? It's definitely damaging to the developing brain, firing blanks at the twirling synapses whenever a box lights up. Then again, it's no different to social media as a whole. I don't fuck with Facebook or Twitter or anything so I'm not first to fall fried on that front.