Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:35:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone care to recommend a 360 headset?

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, September 16, 2017, 01:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depressed Beyond Tables

I have a 5.5 inch LG (steady, ladies) and looking at messing about with creating a few 360 videos. I have a really cheap headset which cost a tenner. It's flawed. Anyone any experience of what's a good place to start?

Depressed Beyond Tables

Oh God, this is a total disaster. Barry, please delete this thread and my account please.

Shay Chaise

I don't even know what the question means or what it has to do with your phone.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Fair point. You can house your smartphone in one of these and get that virtual reality experience:

You know those YouTube videos where you can look about? Well on your phone you'll see a little goggles icon down the bottom, it splits the video in two to work for these kind of 360 virtual headsets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xNN-bJQ4vI

Shay Chaise

My mate got one when I saw him in China this summer, cost about twenty quid and was as good as my GearVR. There are loads and loads out there  though so I couldn't give you a recommendation. Sorry, I've been of little use but I suspect anything above Google Cardboard will be an advance.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Kinda looking for half decent one that can easily be used with headphones and all size screens. Plus the cheap ones are awkwar with no access to phone buttons.

Sebastian Cobb

I made a makeshift one using the stereoscopic lenses built into the case of Tool's 10,000 days.