Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:21:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Embassy under seige from Sonic Superweapon

Started by Alberon, September 16, 2017, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jittlebags

I presume therefore that the Great Gatwick Christmas Getaway of Doom was due to a batch of grasshoppers getting up a bit early

Alberon

BUMP

Seems that it might not be a sonic superweapon after all. The sufferers might have been gassed instead.

QuoteCanadian diplomats were affected by similar reactions to US counterparts - though the study noted that the symptoms of the Canadians were more gradual than the "acute, directional... auditory stimulus" in some of the US cases.

The study notes that tests carried out on 28 participants - seven of whom were tested both before and after being posted to Havana - support a diagnosis of brain injury acquired by diplomats and their families while in Cuba.

The patterns of brain injury "all raise the hypothesis of recurrent, low-dose exposure to neurotoxins", the report said.

Specifically, the results were "highly suggestive" of something called cholinesterase inhibitor intoxication.

Cholinesterase is an important enzyme in the human nervous system, and blocking it through an inhibitor can lead to death. The chemical weapon, Sarin, is an example of a potent cholinesterase inhibitor, as is VX, which was used in the killing of Kim Jong-nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader.

But the low, consistent doses the researchers believe were delivered are consistent with exposure to commercial pesticides, the study's authors said.

And fumigation in Cuba increased after the country "declared war" on the Zika virus in 2016, spraying gas around or even inside diplomats' homes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-49770369

Shit Good Nose

It was just a really massive and stinky guff, wasn't it, and they're just too embarrassed to say.

José

it took exactly five posts for biggy to appear.