Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrissey continues.

Started by Thomas, September 18, 2017, 11:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Jack

Quote from: Funcrusher on June 11, 2018, 11:08:28 PM
Morrissey becoming a Farageist is bad enough, but are there serious suspicions that Johnny Marr wears a wig?

My post were a joke, based on how it looks

Raging jealousy, ysee

Neomod

Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
Re-evaluate the songs
Double-pack with a photograph
A Johnny Wig (and a tacky badge)

DrGreggles

Marr's hair is definitely genuine.
There are flecks of grey in it if you get up close.
It'll be Weller-esque in a couple of years.

Surely this debate should be about Russ Mael?

jobotic

I bought a deluxe Johnny Marr wig.

But it was a size too big.

Phil_A

It never even occurred to me Marr might be a syrup-sporter, but looking at this recent portrait I'm beginning to wonder. Definitely something mysterious going on with that fringe.

https://goo.gl/images/J38jLQ

poodlefaker

It's yer standard aging Brit rocker hairdo; kinda Jeff Beck, Rod Stewart, Paul Weller, Liam Gallagher and a thousand middle-aged dads with their Fred Perrys buttoned all the way up.

Brundle-Fly

Don't know about his hair but does he have a massive head or a tiny body? He's like the missing member of International Rescue. Something very lovable about Johnny though. 

Look at his little (or big) face.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Thurston Moore and John Squire are wiggas.

Morrissey had a transplant.

New Jack

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on June 12, 2018, 04:41:28 PM
Something very lovable about Johnny though. 

I find it endearing he dresses to match his guitars

SteveDave

When his autobiography came out there was a Q and A with him on Twitter and I asked "Who does your roots?" referring to his suspiciously black hair to which he replied "David Hockney"

This endeared him to me.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Mark Steels Stockbroker on June 13, 2018, 11:04:53 AM
Thurston Moore and John Squire are wiggas.

Is this true? I am so trollable when it comes to rock wig wearers.

Funcrusher

Quote from: SteveDave on June 13, 2018, 01:06:12 PM
When his autobiography came out there was a Q and A with him on Twitter and I asked "Who does your roots?" referring to his suspiciously black hair to which he replied "David Hockney"

This endeared him to me.

In this post-modern, late capitalist world in which nothing is what it seems, it does nevertheless appear to be the case that Johnny Marr seems to be a nice bloke because he's actually a nice bloke.

ETA Who doesn't wear a wig.

Andy Rourke definitely wears a syrup

Nowhere Man

I'm much more excited for Johnny's new album than I have been for any of Morrissey's stuff for the past decade, he's gotten better at the singing too thankfully. Plus he's played on stuff with The The and Billy Bragg, if you needed further prove that he has good taste.

Neomod

with his tour of europe.

Called it off he has.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jun/29/morrissey-pulls-out-of-concerts-amid-racism-row

You can tell El Moz is a villain now with the Guardian's choice of photo. He's getting the Theresa May, Donald Trump treatment.

"Haaaarolllld"

alan nagsworth

Quote from: New Jack on June 13, 2018, 11:11:44 AM

I'm not into that at all. Coordinate it with another colour, don't wear the same thing! It's hideous.

non capisco

Quote from: Neomod on June 29, 2018, 10:43:46 PM
You can tell El Moz is a villain now with the Guardian's choice of photo. He's getting the Theresa May, Donald Trump treatment.

Good, he is after all a tiresome racist cunt.

Neomod

Quote from: New Jack on June 13, 2018, 11:11:44 AM

Ouch, the fat Elvis years.

non capisco

Marr might have slightly piled on the terry but at least he's not a tiresome racist EDL prick like fucking Morrissey, who mates of mine mysteriously still defend. "Ermm...I don't think he's actually a RACIST, Ross! I mean come on! He's just got a strange sense of humour!"

Nowhere Man

Quote from: non capisco on June 30, 2018, 01:28:37 AM
Marr might have slightly piled on the terry but at least he's not a tiresome racist EDL prick like fucking Morrissey, who mates of mine mysteriously still defend. "Ermm...I don't think he's actually a RACIST, Ross! I mean come on! He's just got a strange sense of humour!"

Neomod

Quote from: non capisco on June 30, 2018, 01:28:37 AM

Epic Bisto

Quote from: Neomod on June 29, 2018, 10:43:46 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jun/29/morrissey-pulls-out-of-concerts-amid-racism-row

How queer. The Guardian always seemed like the only remaining place that caters to Morrissey apologists, and not just centrist dads. Also, has anyone noticed that Mozza's manager is just as tedious and childish as his client? "They're only protesting against my client because they're all old fat has-beens WAH WAH!"

smudge1971

Quote from: Neomod on June 30, 2018, 07:07:22 AM

Jesus, Shearsmith looks very handsome there. I'm imagining him legs akimbo whilst I'm giving him my special stuff and then turning into Geoff Tipps just as I'm coming.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Neomod on June 30, 2018, 07:07:22 AM

A photo that bridges realities. It is both Reece Shearsmith and Damon Albarn at the same time and yet, not at all...

Finally all those years of being a twat have caught up with him.

Thomas

The tiresome but endlessly discussed (next album title) one has released a cover of 'Back on the Chain Gang'. Unless the audio was actually recorded 15 years ago, during a You Are the Quarry session, his voice is sounding strong.

https://youtu.be/q_hInzyYN3o

Nowhere Man

Bloody hell, the old twat sounds better there than i've heard in a long time!

daf

Looks weird with a guitar!

(he can't actually play it, can he? Looks all rather nebulous around the fingering)