Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:48:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrissey continues.

Started by Thomas, September 18, 2017, 11:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sponk

Quote from: Howj Begg on May 15, 2019, 06:44:09 PM
A rush and a push and the lebensraum
Shall be ours for 1 thousand years

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: poodlefaker on May 15, 2019, 04:34:19 PM
There is (or was) a fair amount of goodwill towards him among a certain demographic, here and in America, I reckon. They might not buy his records but they'd listen to him doing a radio show like Jarvis or Iggy or see him at a festival occasionally. He could have a nice retirement if he shut up about all this shit, he wouldn't have to keep scrabbling around releasing crappy records and throwing strops at gigs. He's pissing it all away like a cunt. Oh well.
I mean, I was one of those sad, lonely wankers (in both senses of the word) who spent a huge part of their youth in their bedroom listening to the Smiths. As you do. So he had a whole lot of goodwill from me for quite a long time - saw him in Tallinn in 2009 and it was an alright gig. Band were duff, he was OK, slagged off Madonna and McDonald's, which is fair enough.

Something happened at some point no longer after that, I reckon, that sent him into some kind of spiral. The autobiography was the biggest load of wank I've read in years, moreso than Sting's book, which actually starts with a wank.

daf

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on May 15, 2019, 07:31:31 PM
Sting's book, which actually starts with a wank.

Don't Spunk So Close to Me
Wanking on the Moon
I'm an Englishman Tugging Pork

jobotic

Quote"I have been following a new party called For Britain which is led by Anne Marie Waters. It is the first time in my life that I will vote for a political party. Finally I have hope. I find the Tory-Labour-Tory-Labour constant switching to be pointless. For Britain has received no media support and have even been dismissed with the usual childish 'racist' accusation. I don't think the word 'racist' has any meaning any more, other than to say 'you don't agree with me, so you're a racist.' People can be utterly, utterly stupid."

We sure he doesn't post on here?

Quote from: daf on May 15, 2019, 07:59:58 PM
Don't Spunk So Close to Me
Wanking on the Moon
I'm an Englishman Tugging Pork

Sausage In A Throttle

DrGreggles

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Spunk Everywhere

gib

Spunkstains in the Material Folds

kalowski

kalowski

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 15, 2019, 03:49:50 PM
He wore it again last night.

https://pitchfork.com/news/morrissey-wears-far-right-political-party-pin-on-fallon/

Trying to think of a good insult but brain is melting.

His jacket in the video looks like somebody came up it six hours ago. Not that that's any sort of insult or anything. But that's what it looks like.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: imitationleather on May 15, 2019, 03:58:51 PM
The guy is such a fucking douche. I guess there might be some entertainment to be had from reviewing his career from the 1980s onwards with the knowledge that he is actually a complete simpleton, not the tortured artist he was held up as for so long.

My dad called him out as a nincompoop when he first saw him on TOTP.

He also said 'What the fuck is that?' when Imagination did Body Talk.

holyzombiejesus

Neomod

Fuck me. I just made the mistake of visiting morrissey solo.

Hey, Punk!

Oh Fuhrer I can feel the blood and soil inside this Reich.

Pop Hitlers Of The World Unite

holyzombiejesus

And now Liverpool's transport network have banned his posters...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/24/morrissey-posters-banned-by-liverpools-merseyrail-transport-network

The guy's a cunt but that seems to be going a bit too far.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The Head Master Race Ritual

Howj Begg

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 24, 2019, 09:35:51 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/24/morrissey-posters-banned-by-liverpools-merseyrail-transport-network

I don't see why, really.

Whether he's a cunt has nothing to do with it. He's one of the most famous sons of the north west and he's openly expressed support for a party which denigrates the contribution of immigrants and Muslims to British society. They would have to see his face every day on their commute, mocking them. Someone complained already. Why should they have to put up with that?

He's also made no attempt to separate the music from the politics, and has worn the badge while performing, so he's a fascist artist, not an artist who happens to be a fascist.

fatguyranting

The problem is he'll now be banging on about how he is being silenced just like poor brave Tommy R was when he was done for being in contempt of court a while back.

That novel he wrote a few years back was fucking rubbish as well.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Hey, Punk! on May 02, 2019, 10:14:06 AM
Some tits are bigger than others

looks like hes squeezing a load of purple milk down himself

jobotic

I'm skinnier than him and I've still got those love handles, poor man.

daf

Howj Begg

It's so easy to hate my love handles,
It's much harder to be gentle and kind

Someone should throw a vegan milkshake over him.

kalowski

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 24, 2019, 09:35:51 AM

They just had an article on this on Look North West. Pretty fucking ridiculous. A commuter complained that he was offended. As much as it breaks my heart to see Mozzer wearing a Britain First badge, I'm not offended by an album cover.

poodlefaker

Well the album cover is pretty offensive, have you seen it? I'm just listening to "Don't Interrupt the Sorrow"; he sounds like Russ  fucking  Abbott.

Thirty (more?) years ago, when he was recording Viva Hate he gave Stephen Street a tape of this song and said "Write me something like that": the result was "Late Night Maudlin  Street". This is fucking shaming. SIT DOWN MAN, YOU'RE A BLOODY TRAGEDY!

daf

In the days when you were hopelessly poor,*
I just liked you more

- - - - -
* at singing