Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,480
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:59:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrissey continues.

Started by Thomas, September 18, 2017, 11:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: poodlefaker on January 10, 2020, 10:21:26 PM
are those titles made up or real?

01. Denise, Your Net Curtains Could Do With A Rinse.
02. Today Was Worse Than Yesterday, Tomorrow Will Be Worse Still.
03. Leave It, Barry.

Featuring some of my own artwork, this thread

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,57178.0.html

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Why is there a new Morrissey album coming out already? Wasn't the last one like about six months ago?

Morrissey is milking the cash cow that is his fickle fan base by bombarding it with product regardless of quality.

On album track titles, sorry for the self-quote but I'm still quite proud of:

Bengali Stole Our Chippy
Vicar In A Choirboy
Goebbels on Platforms
That Bloke Doesn't Like Fanny Anymore

kngen

Quote from: poodlefaker on January 10, 2020, 10:21:26 PM
03. Leave It, Barry.

This has such rich potential for some Hairdresser on Fire-esque yodelling in the chorus (Leaaaaaave it, Barry! Ooooooh, leaaaave, it Barry! Oh-oh oh-oh ohhhhhhhhh-oh!) I've half a mind to actually turn it into a real song.

*grabs Parker pen and Basildon Bond notepaper*

You're a bookish young man/
stood by the kebab shop/
with no clue about the fate that away-ay-aits you.

At the hands of plebs/
wide boys and teds/
and probably some darkies, too-oo-oo-oooo

'Kinell, this stuff writes itself!

poodlefaker

08. I  Smelled Curry On My Woman's Own
09. You Have To Be Educated To Understand

Find the real one

Dragged Queen
Medicine ball diagnosis
The prefect crime
Don't make fun of daddy's voice
November was the cruellest month
Class clown
Shifty Sharon
My heart is bursting
Shut that door

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice, innit?

The rest are actually quite plausible ( well, maybe not the last one) to the point where I suspected you of putting more than one genuine Mozsong in there.

kalowski

holyzombiejesus

Glasgow's Monorail Records have tweeted "Just so you know, like many of our colleagues we won't be stocking the new Morrissey album." I know Spillers did this with the last one but wonder if anyone else is opting not to stock it.

the science eel

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 13, 2020, 06:19:54 PM
Glasgow's Monorail Records have tweeted "Just so you know, like many of our colleagues we won't be stocking the new Morrissey album."

I really do wish they'd fuck off with that shit.

king_tubby

My local HMV has Burzum section. I saw that, went wtf, and put all the cds I'd picked up back on the shelves and walked out.

Funcrusher

Euronymous stans really need to get over it.

Johnboy

Quote from: kalowski on January 12, 2020, 12:25:39 PM
And a great song it is too.

the last time i saw Morrissey was in Dublin in 2004 and he introduced that song, which was brand new, and said "this one is called Don't Make fun Of Daddy's Voice"
and I actually thought it was some kind of arch joke, fake intro, people around me were sniggering, but then he sang it and indeed he was singing that line
yeh, it's not bad though I didn't buy any more of his stuff after 2004
world Peace is none your Business has a few good songs ( i stole it)

Neomod

Is this the actual album cover cos that is pure dog dirt.

Thomas

I suppose it saves money getting your cover art off Getty Images and using Microsoft Paint to erase the watermark.

poodlefaker

"I Am Not A Benny Tied To A Tree"

It's weird also because The Smiths had such great artwork on a small indie budget

Johnboy

His insistence on putting his image on practically every one of his records for the last 32 years emphasises his lack/abundance of self awareness

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on January 14, 2020, 02:09:36 PM
It's weird also because The Smiths had such great artwork on a small indie budget
I liked the one where he recreated that movie still that they didn't have the rights to use.

The Collector. Yes, it was brilliantly done.

Thomas

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 14, 2020, 03:22:53 PM
I liked the one where he recreated that movie still that they didn't have the rights to use.

With a glass of milk instead of a chloroform pad. Lovely. Most of the Smiths art was wonderful.

As a solo artist it seems he would forget about album covers until the morning of release, when Boz or whoever would nudge him and go 'we need a picture', prompting him to flick at random through one of his many photo albums of his own face. Legend has it that Maladjusted was released in a blank case, and Morrissey had to go around the country sellotaping a photo on them all before anyone noticed (thankfully not a single copy was sold).

holyzombiejesus

First two solo singles had great sleeves but after that I don't think there's anything worth looking at. I guess that one with the baby on the cover was OK but still nowhere near greatness.

idunnosomename

Hes doing a fat-face Trump smirk

non capisco

That's not even his worst album cover, there's one where he's stood in a wood clearing and it looks like he's just done his knee in. Google it yourself, I don't want pictures of Morrissey on my computer.

marquis_de_sad

I was only looking for research purposes...

poodlefaker

more like he's suffering from extreme constipation and looking for a place to shit

Janie Jones

He's only gone and done a good song, where he sings well. DukeDeMondo brought this to my attention and I love it. I don't know what to think about Mozza now.

https://youtu.be/2cB93OUF_sA

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yes that manages to be oddly compelling, though it goes on a bit too long.

Sounds like someone actually making an effort, though unsure how much of that effort is from the perspiring bigot-in-chief.