Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:11:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrissey continues.

Started by Thomas, September 18, 2017, 11:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

I remember reading an interview in the 90s(?) where Morrissey said something along the lines of "People presume I spend my Sundays reading poetry, watching old Rita Tushingham films and yearning for it to be the early 1970s again, when in actuality, I'm probably playing five-a-side football in the morning and then going down the pub with friends".  I just can't picture Morrissey ever playing table football let alone a kick around in Primrose Hill.

phantom_power

I bet he is one of those fuckers who holds onto the ball too long before giving it away trying to pull of something clever and then complaining there was no-one to pass to, despite everyone else running around trying to get open while he dicked around

Thomas

Pauline Walnuts

"I'm probably playing five-a-side football in the morning and then going down the pub with friends, yearning for it to be the early 70s again."

I'm glad I don't have to choose a side between Morrissey and The Simpsons, I think I'd go for the phat racist over the unfunny ones.

Now to say the exact opposite in the comedy Simpsons' thread for max Lolz.

Kankurette

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on April 22, 2021, 10:19:28 AM
I remember reading an interview in the 90s(?) where Morrissey said something along the lines of "People presume I spend my Sundays reading poetry, watching old Rita Tushingham films and yearning for it to be the early 1970s again, when in actuality, I'm probably playing five-a-side football in the morning and then going down the pub with friends".  I just can't picture Morrissey ever playing table football let alone a kick around in Primrose Hill.
I bet he's so stroppy on the pitch even Neymar would tell him to cool it.

Jim_MacLaine

"when in actuality, I'm probably playing five-a-side football in the morning"

jenna appleseed

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on April 22, 2021, 06:18:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwIrFTo495E

Why did nobody tell me before that Sparks had a video that's an unholy cross between Aphex Twin, Being John Malkovich and the Rimmer Munchkins?

Fisher Goes Berserk

Oh good.

QuoteMorrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest) bidder.

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Probably should have posted in desolation, sorry.

Custard

They sound like when we make up Morrissey titles

Love it

El Unicornio, mang

Genuinely looks like a parody Moz track listing.

I can already imagine the lyrics
"Diana Dors, I'm faithfully yours/faithfully yoooouuurrrssss"

I remember that cover pic from the Morrissey and Marr: The Severed Alliance book which I loved (and Morrissey hated enough to wish death on Johnny Rogan).

Pink Gregory

Liam Lynch eh.  Shame.  Gotta get paid though I guess.

phantom_power

Rebels Without Applause is sure to be interesting

Neomod

QuoteMorrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest) bidder.

30p.

Quote2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE

Christ.

Another design classic of a cover I see.

Thomas

I laughed from the first track title. Lovely stuff.

QuoteMorrissey is unsigned.

Misread this is 'Morrissey is unhinged'.
Spoiler alert
Iggy Pop
[close]
supposedly guests on this album.

Custard

Ah, Iggy, the man who would literally do anything for 5.50 these days

And yet somehow he is still 5 million times more credible and likeable than are sweet angle Moz

idunnosomename

Five nights in Las Vegas? Hope hes got the proper fat Elvis look down to a tee

non capisco

I have a horrible feeling 'Ha Ha Harlem' is gonna be his "take" on BLM.

earl_sleek

Hopefully. If it's bad enough then that'll end his career in the US too.

Thomas

I think he's made efforts (perhaps earnest, perhaps not) to avoid appearing anti-black. He sold James Baldwin t-shirts recently,[nb]with the appallingly tone-deaf choice of the lyric 'black is how I feel on the inside' superimposed around Baldwin's head. I think that was Morrissey's woeful attempt at cash-in celebration of Baldwin, for whom he's expressed admiration before.[/nb] and had a crap track in 2017 called Who Will Protect Us from the Police?, as well as duetting with Thelma Houston.

World Peace had some rubbish lyrics about tasers and stun guns, too, so I reckon that Morrissey vaguely supports BLM protests even if all he's seen is the occasional JPEG of a crowd facing off against the police. He doesn't engage with these events and movements with any depth, but he likes anti-establishment imagery.

holyzombiejesus

Quotethere are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place

Jeez. Just end yourself. Actually that's quite a good Morrissey title there.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Pink Gregory on May 31, 2021, 10:57:57 AM
Liam Lynch eh.  Shame.  Gotta get paid though I guess.

He 'directed' the utterly pointless video for the utterly pointless Pretenders/ Chain Gang cover a couple of years back.

Thomas

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 31, 2021, 01:20:16 PM
Jeez. Just end yourself. Actually that's quite a good Morrissey title there.

If you're gonna kill yourself
Then to save face
Get on with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5hQh1QvPGg

holyzombiejesus

Ew, that song's so bad. It sounds like a special edit of a gig just including the bits where there was an exodus to the bar.

M-CORP

Quote"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

He's got to be taking the piss with lines like that, surely? He's just having a joke about the absurdity of the whole PR exercise, right?

QuoteMorrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest) bidder.

Right, how does this work? Why is he talking about an auction? Again, could be a joke, because he's not too stupid to know there is such a thing as BandCamp or Distrokid, allowing unsigned artists to get their music out there. Right?

It's like watching Paul Morley having sex with David Icke.

The artwork is marginally better than the last one, though, so that's OK.

M-CORP

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 31, 2021, 02:14:15 PM
Ew, that song's so bad. It sounds like a special edit of a gig just including the bits where there was an exodus to the bar.

And for that album, they were able to get into a studio rather than having to work remotely. Unlike this new album presumably. Listening to it now, he needs better producers.

I was gonna say the song itself was fine from a writing standpoint. Then I actually listened to the lyrics at the end: 'If you're gonna kill yourself...' Oh God. Then an advert popped up for Sonos speakers.

Video Game Fan 2000

10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS

Ah ha ha ha.

7. WHO FORGOT TO GET EGGS
13. CAN ANYONE ELSE SMELL GAS IN HERE (OR IS IT JUST ME)

Custard

Bonus tracks confirmed

1. Uncle Has No Clean Underpants To Wear
2. One Day You'll Stop Divorcing Each Other
3. Coffee On The Sunbed
4. German, Get Your Towel Down First
5. I Still Sell Tickets (In Belgium)

Thomas

15 THEY'VE REBADGED IT YOU FOOL