Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:30:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrissey continues.

Started by Thomas, September 18, 2017, 11:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi

1 - CHILD BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN

2 - I CAN'T AND I WON'T

3 - DICKIE TUMMY

4 - WHAT ARE YOU? DEAF?

5- CHEMICAL ALI'S TOMBOLA

6 - BUT I WAS HERE FIRST

7 - THAT'S NEARLY AN ARMFUL

8 - CAN I SEE THE NICE DOCTOR WITH THE NORMAL NAME?

9 - THESE THINGS TEND TO SORT THEMSELVES OUT.

gmoney

15. They're All Saying It (Down the Club)
16. That Was Never Offside
13a. Oh, You Daft Little Prat
666. Daddy's Drinking Mother's Bleach

Uncle TechTip

Everyone give up, none are as funny as the real track listing.

Butchers Blind

17. MRS BROWN AT 47 HAS HAD ANOTHER FALL
26. THEY'VE CHANGED THE LAYOUT AT SAINSBURY'S, AGAIN
34. I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD THEY'RE SAYING
42. THEY DON'T PLAY BY OUR RULES, DO THEY

Oz Oz Alice

12 BALLADS - MORRISSEY

1. Why Must I Serenade Philistines?
2. Wimpy Burgers - Gentleman Murderers
3. Hail The New Dawn (Skrewdriver Cover Feat. Ariel Pink)
4. They Still Do Pints for £2.50
5. Arthur Askey, Well Don't Ask Me
6. Like A Bat Out of Wuhan (Feat. Lynx and Lamb Gaede)
7. Not A Racist
8. Scraping The Barrel With My Pissed on Legacy
9. Kibbutz With Bernard Manning
10. Bat Lives Matter
11. Everyone Give Up (None Are As Funny As The Real Track Listing)
12. The COVIDIOT (Feat. Iggy Pop)

Custard

Hidden tracks on the Finnish Deluxe confirmed

1. Front Door Covered In Gob
2. Mojo, Q, and NME Retirement Party
3. Spotty Chap
4. Sporty Chap
5. I Like Lenny Henry

1. A Muslim Drowned My Gerbil In The Bog
2. Ban All Fads By The Coloured Lads
3. The Fred And Rose Of Rusholme
4. Voodoo Vindaloo
5. Gas The Carnivores
6. Beardsley Vindicated
7. BLM Dim, Son?
8. Faeces of the Subspecies Sent Through My Letterbox
9. Library Lockout
10. Hanky Panky With Cranky Krankie (Came Into My Hankie)

Ahead of the release, the following songs are available on his website.

1. Very much not a racist family
2. The Ex Philes
3. Stalk market
4. Unsigned, unsealed, undeliverable

buttgammon

1. Shingles at the Bingo
2. They'll Eat Anything These Days (Foreign Muck)
3. The Weatherman's Impetigo
4. Tuesday is Bin Day
5. Bastard in a Yashmak
6. Shoplifting in Ancoats
7. No More HGV Licences (Up Yours Delors)
8. Foreigner with a Facemask (featuring Van Morrison)
9. I Don't Know Your Name but I Hate You Anyway
10. They'll Arrest You If You Say You're English These Days (featuring the BNP Symphony Orchestra)

Video Game Fan 2000

4. YOU HAVE TO PULL THE GATE TOWARDS YOU AND JIGGLE IT A BIT BEFORE YOU LIFT THE LATCH
21. THIS JUNK MAIL IS  ADDRESSED TO THE PREVIOUS RESIDENT

Brundle-Fly

THE DUETS 4-TRACK EP "GRUESOME TWOSOME"

MANY A MICKLE MAKES A MARKLE (WITH JETHRO)

OO, IT'S A BIT PARKY OUT! (WITH CLODAGH ROGERS)

RESUME RÉSUMÉ (WITH OSCAR THE GROUCH)

YOU'LL GASP WHEN YOU SEE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE TODAY (WITH BUSTER BLOODVESSEL)

sevendaughters

I find his constant label drama fascinating. Makes such a fuss about having been dropped or having signed with such and such a label. In his head everything is happening on the pages of Melody Maker in 1982. Has anyone told him about Bandcamp?

Chriddof

I think he doesn't want to go the Bandcamp route because he still thinks he's some sort of megastar who doesn't need it. There was this from 2013, which was ignored (and not just because it was from Amanda Palmer):

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/amanda-palmer-suggests-morrissey-try-kickstarter-56807/

Video Game Fan 2000

I stopped with Morrissey when I heard World Peace. Not because it was a record but the opposite: it was the record he should've been making all along for his comeback, giving up on trying to make an indie rock hit and giving us something with a bit of oomph and the girl group tinge he was alway so good at. Great, funny album cover too. And yet it was still deeply unpleasant to listen to regardless of the Icke tier politics in the lyrics. Morrissey finally made a "good Morrissey record" again and the world was a worse place for it.

lazyhour

Not sure what you mean. Why did you stop listening then? Are you saying it was entirely because of his awful capering outside of the music itself?

Video Game Fan 2000

I mean he put out a record that hit all the marks that a good Morrissey record should and it felt just as grim as the worst of his comeback stuff. Just didn't have anything to say no matter how well he said it. I don't think it has much to do with his politics because despite everything I still read and got something out of his autobiography. His politics and music now exist just say the same thing: "I'm Morrissey"

Rev+

Quote from: Chriddof on June 01, 2021, 04:01:44 PM
I think he doesn't want to go the Bandcamp route because he still thinks he's some sort of megastar who doesn't need it.

On that front I think it's because he's a bit of a luddite and doesn't really get any of that business.  His communiques tend to be via that Sleeper fansite that got re-branded to be exclusively about him, and I suspect he faxes his statements over to them.  Fuck knows what'll happen when their fax machine packs up and they have to find a new one.

Also, JAPANESE PICTURE DISC WITH DISAPPOINTINGLY SMALL POSTCARD THAT WOULD JUST GET LOST IN THE POST

1. MASCULINE ECLIPSE
2. IF WE CRAWL
3. TILL YOU CAN'T TUCK IT IN
4. TUPPERWARE QUEEN

Custard

Wait, what, he took over a Sleeper fansite?

WILL HIS CRIMES EVER END

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Chriddof on June 01, 2021, 04:01:44 PM
I think he doesn't want to go the Bandcamp route because he still thinks he's some sort of megastar who doesn't need it. There was this from 2013, which was ignored (and not just because it was from Amanda Palmer):

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/amanda-palmer-suggests-morrissey-try-kickstarter-56807/

He's at least fortunate that his/The Smiths career started in the 80s, and he now has a following which will buy his records and go to his shows regardless. These days, with 100,000 albums released every year, Moz (and probably The Smiths) would most likely be lost in the noise.

Also, the issue with bandcamp is that you can listen to full songs on there without having to pay for them. People will go out of their way to avoid paying $1 for a song download.

sevendaughters

of course he'll never go to digital first. this is the man who asked Sanctuary to revive a reggae imprint to release You are the Quarry. this is the man who asked for his autobiography to be in Penguin Classics, who was signed to Universal but insisted on releases on Decca and Harvest, and then asked BMG to create a subsidiary called Etienne (lol) for his shitty covers album and beyond (link).

SteveDave

1. THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP THEM
2. SELF CHARMING
3. DRIER THAN A (REDACTED)
4. YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING THESE DAYS
5. WHY ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? (SLIGHT RETURN)

Video Game Fan 2000

6. I DIDN'T COME ALL THIS WAY TO BE INSULTED
7. FRANK, CAN YOU GET ON THE ROOF AND MOVE THE AERIAL AGAIN?
8. BUGGER ME I THOUGHT ID ALREADY DONATED

bigfatheart

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 03, 2021, 12:35:12 PM
of course he'll never go to digital first. this is the man who asked Sanctuary to revive a reggae imprint to release You are the Quarry. this is the man who asked for his autobiography to be in Penguin Classics, who was signed to Universal but insisted on releases on Decca and Harvest, and then asked BMG to create a subsidiary called Etienne (lol) for his shitty covers album and beyond (link).

Maybe he'll go digital first if he can persuade someone to bring back Bebo.

sevendaughters

yes! another interview by his "nephew"
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/turning-the-inside-out

key points
i. his mum died. mine did recently too, so he has my earnest commiserations, it is horrible.
ii. he is being racist about Albanians
iii. COVID? more like CON-vid!

jobotic

QuoteSAM:
Where do you go then for your news?
M:
Julia Hartley-Brewer

pitiful

daf

QuoteYour single with Dave Bowie reached number 1 this year in the Official Chart and the vinyl chart,

Did it bollocks!

The highest I could find was #27 on the Itunes chart

Custard

SAM:
Obviously we know each other, and I receive a lot of questions to be handed on to you, so I will ask those questions on the pretense that I don't know you.
M:
Yes, I get it.

Jesus, this is gonna be a mission to get through, isn't it?

Ferris

Quote from: Shameless Custard on July 06, 2021, 05:15:38 PM
Jesus, this is gonna be a mission to get through, isn't it?

Morrissey interview speedrun strategy - start not reading it now.

willbo

Just curious are there any fans who consider Moz a traitor for leaving (or at least not spending as much time in) the UK and being more interested in his LA life/fanbase?