Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:28:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrissey continues.

Started by Thomas, September 18, 2017, 11:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Bit of both, I'd imagine.

Seriously though, apparently he's a happy chatty drunk. Which is maybe why he does it

Of course, it doesn't necessarily mean he has a problem with drink. Anytime people say he likes a drink its always when he's met up with them in a social scenario. Doesn't mean he's necking 15 blue WKDs of an evening at home, alone. In his pants. Crying.

Neomod

I would go out tonight
But I'm necking 15 blue WKDs at home,
alone, In my pants,
Crying.

phantom_power

Yet another reason to think that Noel Gallagher is a cunt

pigamus

Quote from: phantom_power on July 15, 2021, 02:13:13 PM
Yet another reason to think that Noel Gallagher is a cunt

Why? He probably assumed that cos M is a vegetarian he was teetotal as well, and was pleased to find otherwise.

Video Game Fan 2000

One of the Smiths used to say that Morrissey used to get plastered after gigs and bum cigarettes even though he didn't smoke, the rest of the band had to remind him he didn't smoke.

phantom_power

Quote from: pigamus on July 15, 2021, 02:27:42 PM
Why? He probably assumed that cos M is a vegetarian he was teetotal as well, and was pleased to find otherwise.

Someone necking a pint of vodka is not a top man. He is an alcoholic. Someone being "top" or not depending on whether they are a boozer is pretty crass and infantile either way

sevendaughters

Blossoms did a cover of This Charming Man with special guest Rick Astley on vocals at a live gig.

It went viral so they announced two gigs as Blossoms and Rick Astley do The Smiths.

They sold out in under a minute.

Don't think people are really arsed about new music anymore.

popcorn

I saw that clip and it was ace! Well done Rick.

gilbertharding

Rick Astley has also, in the last few years, significantly improved Foo Fighters gigs by performing Never Gonna Give You Up in the style of Smells Like Teen Spirit. If you'd found a way to tell me any of this in 1987 I would have been incredibly confused, of course.

Custard

I saw Astley perform at Butlins in 2013 (don't ask), and he was very good. Did a cover of Daft Punk's Get Lucky

Sound of the summer

PaulTMA

Had an actual dream about Morrissey's racism last night.  It's gone way too far

Brundle-Fly

Astley never seems to age. Virgins' blood I tell thee.

gilbertharding

There can be few more damning indictments of the development of pop music over the last thirty years, than the fact that Rick Astley, and the song Never Gonna Give You Up are now considered artefacts of a golden age.

Brundle-Fly

Just been watching his Las Vegas show on YouTube. I've always been the most indifferent cunt about Morrissey you can ever find but enjoying his turn tonight.

Dyl Spinks

Is it this one you watched?

https://youtu.be/uCVeP3e37Xs

I will check it out next weekend, if so.

Brundle-Fly

Yes. Surprising opening gambit.

markburgle

gilbertharding

This just in:

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Quote"This is not a rant or an hysterical bombast. It is a polite and calmly measured request: Would you please stop mentioning my name in your interviews?"

The Mollusk

Peace and love, peace and love

Thomas

He's evidently committed now to tumbling Vertigo-like down an endless misery well for the rest of his dull days, but this was funny -

QuoteIt was YOU who played guitar on 'Golden Lights' – not me.

Imagine trying to have a public spat with one of the nicest men in music, pissing all over your crowning glory in the process. Absolute clown cunt.

sevendaughters

amazing that "clout chasing" has become a thing that eunuch grandpas are using, even if just conceptually

kngen

Marr has been nothing but incredibly diplomatic when asked about Morrissey, basically saying exactly what Mozzolini said in that tantrum: they're very different people, and it was a long time ago – but in a much nicer, more philosophical, if a little weary, way.

What a bellend that man is. Let's just imagine the first few Smith records with Boz Boorer writing the music instead of Marr - what epoch-defining releases they would have been!

Kankurette

What's Marr supposed to say when he gets asked about Morrissey? "I can't tell you because Morrissey might get upset"?

the science eel

Quote from: kngen on January 26, 2022, 01:44:00 PMMarr has been nothing but incredibly diplomatic when asked about Morrissey, basically saying exactly what Mozzolini said in that tantrum: they're very different people, and it was a long time ago – but in a much nicer, more philosophical, if a little weary, way.

Right - but what M's reacting to is this latest comment which is harsh.

I mean, I get it - Johnny's a sweet man, Mozz is a dick - but let's not pretend this is just down to M having a bad day. He's hurt!

SweetPomPom

Quote from: Kankurette on January 26, 2022, 01:53:18 PMWhat's Marr supposed to say when he gets asked about Morrissey? "I can't tell you because Morrissey might get upset"?

Well, he can now.

Kankurette

Heaven knows he's rump ravaged now.

Bad Ambassador

Marr is working with the likes of Billie Eilish while M swims home through an estuary of his own sweat.

Jim_MacLaine

Oh dear, the devious, truculent and unreliable Moz has been googling his ex again.

pigamus

Quote from: the science eel on January 26, 2022, 01:55:42 PMRight - but what M's reacting to is this latest comment which is harsh.

I mean, I get it - Johnny's a sweet man, Mozz is a dick - but let's not pretend this is just down to M having a bad day. He's hurt!

What latest comment? What exactly did he say?