Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:45:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy lines that just tickle the shit out of you

Started by Twed, September 19, 2017, 03:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 19, 2018, 11:25:15 PM
"Just leave!"

Matt Berry voicing the cat in the opening scene of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. An extremely hit and miss show, but fuck me, that line is incredible. I think about it most days.

eh‽

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 20, 2018, 12:22:49 AM
eh‽

You heard me, butt munch.

Yeah, I think it's a general consensus on here that it's a very patchy show, too. The first two episodes are really good, but the other four are middling at best, I'd say. It had good production values and all that, but it fell shy of the mark for creativity and humour as it went on.

I could easily compare it to a similar show which far excels in the comedy department, and that show is Danger 5.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 19, 2018, 10:55:24 PM
Interesting that you mentioned it in connection to the Sacha Baron Cohen show - Nathan For You is another show, like the Bernie Sanders bit in Who Is America?, that starts off with a really terrible idea which is miles below the standard set by the rest of the show. The poo chocolate thing is, for me, pretty much the only rubbish bit of the entire series...I dread to think how many potential fans they turned off by putting that first.

I wasn't totally onboard with the first episode (I was slightly wary that this might just be a gross out humour type of thing) but by the time that I'd reached the episode with the rebate form for the gas station, I was completely hooked.  I always try to give comedy a chance beyond just the first episode, unless it really is the absolutes pits.

SIDE NOTE: The Nathan persona reminds me a lot of the titular character from The Life and Times of Tim.  This is a good thing.  A very good thing.

Captain Z

Yeahhh... oh yeah, I'm smashing that all over the fucking shop... as well as smashing others all over other shops all the fucking time. I fucking smash stuff up. I am a smasher. You a... you smashing?

Oh Yeah.

Oh yeah. Smashing.

(Phoneshop)

Ferris

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 19, 2018, 11:25:15 PM
"Just leave!"

Matt Berry voicing the cat in the opening scene of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. An extremely hit and miss show, but fuck me, that line is incredible. I think about it most days.

It is bonkers to me that anyone would dislike Darkplace. It's fucking great. Come on now.

fucking ponderous

I like Darkplace, but the cat moment sets a very high bar for me that the rest of the series can't quite match.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Captain Z on July 20, 2018, 02:12:23 AM
Yeahhh... oh yeah, I'm smashing that all over the fucking shop... as well as smashing others all over other shops all the fucking time. I fucking smash stuff up. I am a smasher. You a... you smashing?

Oh Yeah.

Oh yeah. Smashing.

(Phoneshop)

Ah man there are so many great lines in Phoneshop. What an underrated show.

alan nagsworth

Phoneshop is bloody great. My favourite lines are from where Lance finds the weed in Little Gary's old locker.

"Levi Roots! Reggae sauce! ... aaaand CHICKEN!"

"So, Christopher <leans in> ... got any skins?"

magval

Quote from: fucking ponderous on July 20, 2018, 05:52:12 AM
I like Darkplace, but the cat moment sets a very high bar for me that the rest of the series can't quite match.

Isn't "youn he were... BUDDIES, weren't you?" very early on as well? That was the benchmark for me.

Ferris

Quote from: magval on July 20, 2018, 01:05:23 PM
Isn't "youn he were... BUDDIES, weren't you?" very early on as well? That was the benchmark for me.

Same ep, "once upon a beginning". Must rewatch Darkplace at some point.

QDRPHNC

Sebastian Cobb

Cyderdelic

"Excuse me mate, can you tell me why you're such a cruel little bellend?"

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 20, 2018, 07:17:49 PM
Cyderdelic

Somebody else on this forum likes Cyderdelic?!  I thought that Marc Wootton was persona non grata 'round these here parts.  Happy to learn otherwise.

Ferris

Mark barging into Jez's room

"Jeremy, we've talked about this - we agreed 'early in the morning' counts as 'late at night', and we agreed no reggae music late at night so..."

So much characterization and backstory in one line.

magval

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 20, 2018, 07:34:08 PM
Somebody else on this forum likes Cyderdelic?!  I thought that Marc Wootton was persona non grata 'round these here parts.  Happy to learn otherwise.

That line's even been featured in this thread before.

Twice.

By Sebastian Cobb...

non capisco

My favourite bit in Darkplace is Ayaode's delivery of the line "If that's how you treat your friends imagine how you treat your enemies, worse I expect!"

alan nagsworth

Quote from: non capisco on July 20, 2018, 09:43:33 PM
My favourite bit in Darkplace is Ayaode's delivery of the line "If that's how you treat your friends imagine how you treat your enemies, worse I expect!"

He has some corking lines in that show.

"Flying objects? It beggars belief!"

And the bit where Dagless repeats something he's already says and he shouts "I knowww!"

That's shit context but I'm pissed on a bus so fuck you

Ferris

"I've been there hombre; when I found out my wife died I could barely finish my lunch"

A bit obvious, but all in the delivery.

QDRPHNC

Ferris

kalowski

What's this, gringo?
It's a Euro Rover, old man!

Captain Z

"one of the main reasons I went into medicene was for the laughs - that and the pussy, and that dried up ten year ago if you'll pardon the expression."

fucking ponderous

"Put some extra fries in there for you"
"Take 'em out"

kalowski

Two from the KMKYWAP episode set in Paris.

"Tonight we're building a new construction, one that isn't vulnerable to a major terrorist attack"

And, "He was quite literally insane (in the Seine)"

bgmnts

Not a comedy line but there's a moment where Louis Theroux is accompanying The Hamiltons to a presser in a lift and he says they should say "Would you like to come upstairs for a quick orgy?"

That tickles me silly.

PlasticTom

In the Brass Eye Sex episode, the American politician "vigorously ransacking his dignity" is a particular favourite.

St_Eddie

Quote from: bgmnts on July 23, 2018, 10:29:37 PM
Not a comedy line but there's a moment where Louis Theroux is accompanying The Hamiltons to a presser in a lift and he says they should say "Would you like to come upstairs for a quick orgy?"

That tickles me silly.

In the same episode; when the little kid says hello to Neil Hamilton in the car and remarks "wicked geezer!", with a great big thumbs up.  Takes me right back to the days of The Beano and popping candy.  Lovely stuff.

Shaky

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 20, 2018, 10:09:25 PM
"I've been there hombre; when I found out my wife died I could barely finish my lunch"

A bit obvious, but all in the delivery.

Yeah, that's an amazing line and it totally justifies the entire series.

Chollis

"You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"

always and forever