Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:23:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy lines that just tickle the shit out of you

Started by Twed, September 19, 2017, 03:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Jack

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 19, 2018, 10:55:24 PM
Interesting that you mentioned it in connection to the Sacha Baron Cohen show - Nathan For You is another show, like the Bernie Sanders bit in Who Is America?, that starts off with a really terrible idea which is miles below the standard set by the rest of the show. The poo chocolate thing is, for me, pretty much the only rubbish bit of the entire series...I dread to think how many potential fans they turned off by putting that first.

Only just downloaded it this week (legally, eh, police officers?) and while I was disheartened to see a CaB-like shit joke as the opening skit, I'm still powering through at a rate that's... Well, I've just seen the Claw of Shame episode and it feels a nice point to catch my breath

Chollis

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 19, 2018, 10:55:24 PM
Interesting that you mentioned it in connection to the Sacha Baron Cohen show - Nathan For You is another show, like the Bernie Sanders bit in Who Is America?, that starts off with a really terrible idea which is miles below the standard set by the rest of the show. The poo chocolate thing is, for me, pretty much the only rubbish bit of the entire series...I dread to think how many potential fans they turned off by putting that first.

Very nearly happened to me, I watched that episode and just though "ehhh", dropped it for like 6 months. So glad I went back. I think the first episode I thought "wow this is pretty special" was the 4th (?) I think with the gas station rebate. Since then it's been very consistently good.

Ferris

A lot of what Dean Lerner says in Dark Place. This popped into my head at a meeting and I nearly burst out laughing

QuoteReed: You're both out of line! Now I'm not going to stand here and dance for you, I don't have to. I wanna see both of you in my office five minutes ago, (looks at watch) so you'd best hurry up!

Also any veiled reference to the shadowy "Wonton" who runs the hospital always crease me.

Clownbaby

EXCOOD BEEEF HAF AAAANYBAAADY GOT AAAAANY BOKKLEORANDOOOOOVE

QDRPHNC

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 03, 2018, 05:35:21 PM
Also any veiled reference to the shadowy "Wonton" who runs the hospital always crease me.

Oh yes! "I've got Wonton on my back 24/7!"

I've often wondered - why Wonton? Was the most exotic word Garth Marenghi knew in the 80s?

Also, I found this live performance which is great.

ColinPopshed

Anything Dean Learner says in Darkplace. I'm obsessed with it. It's so strong the whole way through. The two 20-30 min 'talking head' DVD extras on YouTube are golden too.

Ferris

Quote from: ColinPopshed on August 04, 2018, 10:23:58 PM
Anything Dean Learner says in Darkplace. I'm obsessed with it. It's so strong the whole way through. The two 20-30 min 'talking head' DVD extras on YouTube are golden too.

"Glasgow's been industrial for a while, but in a lot of ways it is a third world country. But they'd be the first to admit that!"

Sebastian Cobb

Cool it Sanchez or you'll get a knuckle supper!

Something that tickles me in Darkplace as well was Liz getting her lunch tray slapped out of her hands twice in as many minutes.

Gregory Torso

I absolutely love Darkplace. I rewatched it quite recently and still laughed like an idiot. The attention to detail at making it so deliberately shitty-looking is something I really appreciate. I just love the little bits like footsteps going on after the actor has stopped walking, Liz's make up immediately running down her face when someone tells her to shut up, all of Dean Lerner's nervous looks to camera, Noble and Silver's supremely shit acting. God it's great.

Ferris

I got the idea that CaB was weirdly anti-Darkplace. Glad that isn't true. It's terrific.

Clownbaby

The first time I watched dark place right through I didn't care about it at all, then I watched again and suddenly loved it. It's fuckin ace.

FredNurke

The in-character DVD commentary is fantastic as well - I might even like it more than the programme itself.

Gulftastic

It was used as a throwaway gag in Modern Family, but I love when we find out that Jay's ex wife Dee Dee (played by Shelley Long) has two sisters called Bee Bee and Cee Cee.

magval

magval

Quote from: FredNurke on August 07, 2018, 11:04:03 AM
The in-character DVD commentary is fantastic as well - I might even like it more than the programme itself.

Cheers, I've been listening to this. They're REALLY good at it. It's not consistently funny, but it wouldn't be, and it's extremely convincing. It's a tricky thing to get down, character commentary, but this is a good 'un. I love Garth's laugh.

DrGreggles

"I haven't got time for all of this Abergavenny."

SteveDave

"He thinks she pops. She's terrible"

This has been stuck in my head since Saturday.

Chollis

kidsick5000

Vic and Bob's Lethal Weapon

Vic: *whispers*
Bob: I'm not eating it

H-O-W-L

"LOOKATMEWHENYERTALKINNAMEEEEEE!" - Dennis Reynolds.

Bhazor

Just found the Onion spin off Click Hole has taken an enjoyable turn to total surrealism

"Oooooooooh Moses with the long lips"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMH6d5rTDrk

"The human mouth has 32 teeth, including the skull. Known as the mother tooth"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRMJHiYGXKA

Twed

Quote from: Bhazor on September 01, 2018, 02:05:34 PM
Just found the Onion spin off Click Hole has taken an enjoyable turn to total surrealism

"Oooooooooh Moses with the long lips"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMH6d5rTDrk
"Christmas in April" made me laugh. She's very good.

chveik

kalowski

In the How to be a Complete Bastard book, I loved the bit about why he didn't want men on page 3.

'What are you going to say? "Look at the bollocks on that!" "I wish my missus had bollocks like that."'

I also loved his 'break up' lines:

"In this light you look just like Jon Pertwee" and
"Does this tartare sauce taste like my spunk?"

chveik

"But then... China happened!" (in Scissored Isle)

Ferris

Fisher Goes Berserk

I'm not a huge Sacha Baron Cohen fan, but I love Borat's 'David. What is this, David?'. The falling inflection on the first 'David', the fact he pronounces the name differently each time he says it, and the little stammer at the beginning.

Chollis

Now what say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?