Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:32:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Film cliches you want to fuck off

Started by popcorn, September 25, 2017, 01:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipsink

When someone goes undercover and you think they've been rumbled when someone shouts "Hey!" at them. Then it turns out they haven't been caught. The person just says: "You forgot your bag."

A person who everyone thought was dead will appear out of the darkness/shadows and say: "You look like you've seen a ghost."

Blumf

Open casket funerals.

Has anybody ever been to one of them in real life?

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Blumf on August 08, 2019, 11:54:29 AM
Open casket funerals.

I feel like the line between stupid movie cliches and stupid real things Americans do is very blurred. Couldn't tell you which of these it is.

Icehaven

Quote from: lipsink on August 08, 2019, 11:43:14 AM
When someone goes undercover and you think they've been rumbled when someone shouts "Hey!" at them. Then it turns out they haven't been caught. The person just says: "You forgot your bag."

Oh gawd yes. Surely this one must have been messed with at least a few times, ''You forgot your bag...And you're a spy!!''

famethrowa

Farkin hell, I just saw the old double take at the liquor bottle joke in Transporter 2 with ol bonehead Statham, a movie from the 21st century. Jeez

samadriel

Quote from: icehaven on August 08, 2019, 12:08:06 PM
Oh gawd yes. Surely this one must have been messed with at least a few times, ''You forgot your bag...And you're a spy!!''

'The Mule' kind of does this.  Good movie too.

lipsink

When someone thinks a person has closed the door in their face. But the door opens again! The person was only unlocking the chain in the door!

I saw this and the "You forgot your bag" one in A Simple Favor a film that a few people recommended to me but I found incredibly boring. I didn't finish it.

Ferris

Open casket funerals.

Yes. It was terrifying, not gonna lie. It also took hours, and I was one of pall bearers which was a lot more upsetting and emotionally affecting than I thought it would be. Think I posted on here about it but there isn't much more to it really.

I don't really want one, but also you get the opportunity to scare the shit out of some kiddies on the way out so I'm on the fence about my own disposal.

Ferris

This is a very good spot

gilbertharding

Open casket funerals.

Answer: no.

But before my grandma's funeral, and my uncle's, and my mum's and my dad's funerals after that, someone (respectively my mum, my mum, my sister and my sister) has asked if I wanted to see the deceased one last time before they screwed the lid on. To be fair, the question each time was posed more like 'you don't want to, do you?'

Blumf

Missed selfie opportunities there.

Baddies who are just evil for the sake of it.

Icehaven

A member of a lab team will be incredibly annoying, arrogant, slobby,  sleazy or some combination of the above which makes you wonder why they're tolerated, then they'll solve some problem they've all been working on for ages, making it clear their brilliance is why the others put up with them. Other members of the team may even say something like "...and that's why he's still here." etc.

Quote from: icehaven on August 11, 2019, 07:13:02 PM
A member of a lab team will be incredibly annoying, arrogant, slobby,  sleazy or some combination of the above which makes you wonder why they're tolerated, then they'll solve some problem they've all been working on for ages, making it clear their brilliance is why the others put up with them. Other members of the team may even say something like "...and that's why he's still here." etc.

Can be generalised into the person who's brilliant, talented or useful in some scenario, but a difficult personality who clashes often with others.

Sebastian Cobb

Open casket funerals.

I think in the British Isles it's not that common but some catholics still do it.

Six Feet Under seemed to do it nearly every funeral, so perhaps it's a septic thing?

grassbath

Quote from: icehaven on August 11, 2019, 07:13:02 PM

Mm. Albert from Twin Peaks.

Dex Sawash

More thwn once,have sat in someone's living room as they show you a photo album, flipping through and there are  pix of dead fucks right in the middle. Not sure if it that ended in the 70s, I just don't go outside my house anymore.

zomgmouse

A military officer menacingly walks and inspects a line-up of people.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

A person sends a message via a mobile phone. They spell it perfectly first time. At no point do they spell a word wrong, go "Oh, for fuck's sake", delete the word and hvea anothother goe.

EOLAN

Doesn't the progression or inversion of the cliche now mean that most of the time; the person will turn back round to the place they were originally facing only to see the police/baddies/a new third party are suddenly there waiting for him.

olliebean

CGI. Specifically, CGI characters in live action films. Especially CGI characters who could be played by actors in makeup and prosthetics.

PS. I include in this CGI avatars employed in fight scenes instead of stuntmen and fight choreographers who know how actual physics works. I'm looking at you, Marvel.

Sebastian Cobb

Man has pissed girlfriend/wife off and to apologise buys flowers and sneaks up behind her at the prestigious department store while she's fiddling with some clothing, says 'excuse me miss' and she turns round and looks surprised then pissed off at the ruse, all without going 'hang on, that voice sounds an awful lot like my man'.

gib

One of the most recent episodes of Better Call Saul did a great variation on this.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Yeah when Fring said to that guy "here, get your head in this bag."

magval

Baddie 'evil laughs' so much that they cough. Sort of a kids film thing I suppose .

Mobius

Doing a passionate speech or something then your nose starts bleeding, thus letting the audience know you're dead soon.

Rizla

when a baddy says "give me anything for breakfast except eggs" then he has to leave suddenly, then eggs come and the baddy's bodyguards eat and enjoy the eggs but then they have to pretend they had no eggs because the baddy is lookin closely at them, and one lets a bit of yolk slip down his chin

olliebean

Quote from: Mobius on August 15, 2019, 02:06:24 AM
Doing a passionate speech or something then your nose starts bleeding, thus letting the audience know you're dead soon.

Or have been exercising your psychic powers.

lipsink

Parent embarrasses their kid when they're dropping them off at school. Shots of the girl/guy the kid fancies seeing this.

Blumf

Quote from: olliebean on August 15, 2019, 09:03:20 AM
QuoteDoing a passionate speech or something then your nose starts bleeding, thus letting the audience know you're dead soon.

Or have been exercising your psychic powers.

Or a Japanese teen who's just seen some tits