Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Harry Knowles Accusations / The End of AICN?

Started by Small Man Big Horse, September 25, 2017, 09:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin Agog

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on April 12, 2019, 11:19:27 AM
Hedgegog bites into the U.K.

Are they just accepting anything now?

There's no need to savage Hedgehog.

I still have mod powers over their mostly abandoned forum, zone.aintitcool.com.  First impish thought that came to mind when they modded me was, 'How much of the forum would I be able to delete before someone tries to stop me?' Never had the balls/willpower, though.  Now it's too deserted for anyone to notice.

Small Man Big Horse

During a bout of insomnia I thought I'd check out the site last night, only to see that Harry has started posting reviews again, or one of them at least: https://www.aintitcool.com/harry-reviews-birds-of-prey-harleyquinn-82762/ - and from a cursory look it seems like his sister Danni has mysteriously disappeared.

Have to say the site looks a real mess right now, a mixture of the occasional news piece and review but there doesn't seem to be a consistent theme, some of it's horror movie based, some of it superhero, with the odd indie, but there's a ridiculous amount of things not reported upon or reviewed, and I have no idea how it keeps going.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: phantom_power on February 21, 2020, 12:21:16 PM
I see his writing has matured over the years

Heh.

I would say he's even regressed a little bit - he's gone back to those short paragraphs and sounding like he's an older child who has finally grasped spelling and punctuation but still puts sentences together like a child ("I liked this and I liked that, and that looked cool and that didn't" etc).

I'm also amazed he's still alive.  I honestly had him pegged as carking it from cholesterol poisoning early last year.

Mister Six

As awful as AICN is/was, I think it's kind of a shame that the days when someone could become a celebrity by making a website are long gone. Sure, you can still be big in the "real world" by using the sites created by our benevolent corporate masters, but it's not quite the same, is it?

Quote from: Mister Six on February 21, 2020, 02:21:22 PM
As awful as AICN is/was, I think it's kind of a shame that the days when someone could become a celebrity by making a website are long gone. Sure, you can still be big in the "real world" by using the sites created by our benevolent corporate masters, but it's not quite the same, is it?

Yeah, it's a real shame. The worst thing about social media is that you can only make it big by gaming the algorithms and posting stuff on a daily basis so everyone within a niche ends up sounding the same and doing the exact same content.

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 21, 2020, 12:19:26 PM
During a bout of insomnia I thought I'd check out the site last night, only to see that Harry has started posting reviews again, or one of them at least: https://www.aintitcool.com/harry-reviews-birds-of-prey-harleyquinn-82762/ - and from a cursory look it seems like his sister Danni has mysteriously disappeared.

He kept posting his opinions of all the films you'd expect him to talk about on his Twitter, if he had been away for "detox and therapy" he must have felt the world couldn't do without his take on Rise of Skywalker while he had it.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Mister Six on February 21, 2020, 02:21:22 PM
It's not quite the some but also very little good shit actually managed to emerge that way, did it? We can go on about algorithms and whatnot but it always seemed to be far more about how aggressively you could market yourself and blind luck than anything remotely resembling talent. And if it's total garbage I'll take professional garbage over shoddy stuff by some creep.

Can absolutely regret the way things have gone but the things before in this kind of case were for the most part extremely shite.

surreal

Harry has posted "An Apology" today - this is after making a very awkward comment about it in his "Onward" review:

https://www.aintitcool.com/an-apology-82806/

Custard

Cringeworthy stuff. A terribly written non-apology from a ridiculous man-child

Custard

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: surreal on March 11, 2020, 01:27:55 PM
Harry has posted "An Apology" today - this is after making a very awkward comment about it in his "Onward" review:

https://www.aintitcool.com/an-apology-82806/

Fuck me, what a disingenuous cunt, claiming it was just innuendo and jokes and ignoring all the accusations of physically assaulting people. Someone in the comments section posted the following:

Quote"Harry Knowles groped me, opportunistically, on more than one occasion. I cannot just stay silent. I am not interested in remaining silent." - Jasmine Baker.

"Harry sexually harassed me. He has sexually harassed other women in this community for years. This wasn't an anomaly. He is a predator."

"For a while, it was uncomfortable to be in a place where he was, because I just didn't want to be around him. I didn't feel unsafe, but I didn't want to be around him. I didn't want to associate with him at all."
Britt Hayes.

"It's never a good sign, if Harry grabs you. All of us had heard so many stories about how you don't get within arm's distance of him."

"He grabbed me, and pulled me down, and started talking in my ear about how he and his wife wanted to see me naked. And I just said, 'No, no, thank you.' I just felt disgusting. And everybody knew that was Harry's behavior. And he got away with it. All the time. But nothing ever happened to him. He was one of the untouchables." - Jill Lewis

"When I was first getting to know him, I said hi to him [at a party] and he grabbed my ass. It gets played off, like, 'Ha ha ha, he grabbed my ass,' but I don't really know this person...and he just touched me." - Gloria Walker

Given all of the above, how he has the gall to post that apology is beyond me, and I truly hope the site closes down due to no one visiting it, right now it seems that the 95% people who post in the comments section only do so to tear in to Harry but hopefully they'll soon get bored of doing so.

Enrico Palazzo

Shaky

I know(les) he's a horrible human being, but that review is fucking hilarious.

"I pouted like a baby.  I was frozen by insecurities and doubts.  Then Kirk Douglas died and I couldn't stop myself."

"Finding my father laid out on the floor today was like a stake in my heart.  His head was exactly where my dearly deceased dog, ROMMEL, was found dead about 7 years ago"

Not to mention the fact the silly cunt found his elderly father collapsed on the floor then TOOK HIM TO SEE A FILM.

Custard

Heh, yes. I also like it when he says that watching a film with your loved ones is the most important thing you can do with them

Didn't he also claim that his dad has falls all the time? It's all over the shop

Basically he should've just wrote "I'm doing reviews again, cos I have nothing else going on. Cheers"

Was his "sister" really him still writing on the site? Cos that's hilarious

Yeah Harry's sister = Glinner's assistant.

Textbook 'Mad Cunt on the Internet' move.

Shaky

He take pains to conjure this strange, trailer park-esque world of obese invalids and fading pensioners milling around while also wanting to be seen as a Hollywood mover and shaker. What an odd man. If it were me, I'd probably just focus on the fucking writing part but there we go.

Chriddof

It's extraordinary how he tries to build a symbolic link between this movie and himself / his ailing dad, attempting to be deep and profound, and then immediately follows it up with:

QuoteThe film is easily the most stoner thing that PIXAR has ever created.  The quest is easily better than the last script I read for the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS movie that is in development.

The GIF at the top of the page is eerily apt.

Sin Agog

How could any woman not give their body over entirely to the man who once referred to Speed Racer as "HOLY FUCKING AWESOME DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE COATED PUSSY JUICE"?

Shaky

Quote from: Chriddof on March 12, 2020, 06:43:28 PM
It's extraordinary how he tries to build a symbolic link between this movie and himself / his ailing dad, attempting to be deep and profound, and then immediately follows it up with:

QuoteThe film is easily the most stoner thing that PIXAR has ever created.  The quest is easily better than the last script I read for the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS movie that is in development.

He can't help but remind us that he, Harry Knowles, still has top level access to all hidden Hollywood gems.

"I may be a vilified, physically and mentally diseased sex-fiend, but I - and not you - have read the script to some shitty fantasy movie that will never get made!"

phantom_power

Quote from: Sin Agog on March 12, 2020, 08:37:12 PM
How could any woman not give their body over entirely to the man who once referred to Speed Racer as "HOLY FUCKING AWESOME DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE COATED PUSSY JUICE"?

I mean, how do you coat juice?

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: Shaky on March 13, 2020, 06:38:51 AM
He can't help but remind us that he, Harry Knowles, still has top level access to all hidden Hollywood gems.

That's not even necessarily top level access. Many scripts leak among small circles or get shared at some point with casting directors.

Meanwhile, the Dungeons & Dragons film franchise isn't exactly the hottest commodity around. Sequels to the flop 2000 movie (the one with Thora Birch, Marlon Wayans, Jeremy Irons and Tom Baker) were produced for TV or released directly on video.

Famous Mortimer

Because it's more fun than talking about Harry Knowles, the last D&D movie was surprisingly good. If you view it as an accurate recreation of what an average D&D adventure is actually like, it's almost great.

Shaky

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on March 13, 2020, 03:12:54 PM
That's not even necessarily top level access. Many scripts leak among small circles or get shared at some point with casting directors.

Meanwhile, the Dungeons & Dragons film franchise isn't exactly the hottest commodity around. Sequels to the flop 2000 movie (the one with Thora Birch, Marlon Wayans, Jeremy Irons and Tom Baker) were produced for TV or released directly on video.

I was intentionally being a bit silly there. I know that back in the day he got first dibs on a lot of that sort of stuff but it's much more open forum now.

Custard

It must be weird for him going from being chummy with the likes of Peter Jackson and being given loads of money and free stuff for a good review, to being a completely irrelevant universally hated pervoid. You do have to wonder what that would do to someone's mental health. He's probably completely lost it, at this point

I like that episode of Entourage where they had Rainn Wilson clearly playing a version of Knowles, and he demands prostitutes for a good review. Now no one gives a fuck. Weird times. The poor sausage

Catalogue Trousers

Just read that Harley Quinn review. Fucking abysmal. What's his shtick? He desperately wants to be Joe Bob Briggs but fails dismally?

Oh, and - yeah. Repugnant cunt of a manchild. Obviously.

BritishHobo

That Onward review is all over the fucking place. Were his reviews always that totally devoid of insight, or is it only because he's had to waste half of it crying about how unfair the accusations against him and John Lasseter are, and about how brilliant and important his reviews are?

SavageHedgehog

The writing quality and style was pretty much the same, it just wasn't dedicated to denying sexual harassment allegations.