Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:33:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

SNES Mini

Started by buntyman, September 26, 2017, 04:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on October 22, 2017, 08:17:27 PM
Someone else who pays a bit more attention than me will probably be able to confirm/deny this, but I think Nintendo have said that there will be plenty of stock in due course, and don't pay over the odds for it if you can be a bit patient.

It has – also, it's said that it's re-releasing the NES version again next year, which bodes well, I think. When talking about the SNES, IIRC, they specifically said about don't pay scalpers in order to get one before Christmas, so hopefully there will be more stock before then.

Meanwhile...

The other day, Amazon Prime Now had them again (I think it was the second time since launch) briefly available – that's only good from Prime members in a small number of cities, but does indicate more stock has been available.

IIRC, some Sainbury's (no idea how many) have had a few units in-store and that Argos very briefly has some more.

Best thing to do, really is to set up a stock checker alert, as you suggested.

Bhazor

I just can't get past the lack of cartridges. How can you have a Snes without the ker-chunk? I mean at least have something there. It just looks so wrong with an empty socket. Like your mum.

Repeater

Is it easy enough to chip these then?

Shay Chaise

No chipping necessary but if you mean install every SNES game ever made on it then, yeah. I sold mine instantly because the wires were too short but my mate followed a guide to hack it and installed a load of ROMs with minimal fuss.

Repeater

That's exactly what I meant aye, cheers.

Shay Chaise

If you can't find one, you can hack a second hand Wii very easily and do the same thing, plus NES and Mega Drive (as well as Gamecube and Wii games, obviously).

Repeater

Aye, I've got a Snes Mini, cheers.

Replies From View

So are people finding these better than when they just had an emulator and original SNES controller?

Repeater