Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:33:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Optical illusions

Started by pancreas, September 26, 2017, 11:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

And other fun

You are to look at it upside down. Quite surprising.

ZoyzaSorris

Dex Sawash

Crisps?

OP illusion closes the pits.

This one asks how many colours:

QuoteIf you count seven (white, yellow, blue, red, brown, green and orange), you'd not only be plumping for the most commonly given answer but you would also be wrong.

I got it wrong, despite not noticing the orange one, and only counting the top side, because I can't count properly.

QuoteThere are just six colours used as the squares in the centre of the top and front face (one of which looks brown and the other orange) are actually the same colour. It is only when a piece of paper with two square holes cut or punched out is placed over the entire image to only display the central square that many finally accept the answer

I don't have a piece of paper, but I do have Firefox which has an eyedropper, which shows the colours are similar, but not the same: #814811 and #804710. They do look the same side by side though, so this may not be as HUGE as I first thought.

Dr Rock

There's more than six or seven. There are two shades of red, blue etc, one when they are in the light and one when in shadow.

There is also black, if you count half the floor tiles.

biggytitbo

This one can never be beaten - A and B are the same color:

Dr Rock

Konki

Nope. No. Not having it. 

La la la la la la I can't hear you...

spamwangler

Konki

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Absorb the anus burn

black_betty

These two are quite old, and though I spent ages waiting to shit bricks at the time, they look pretty obvious now.

Replies From View

The one with the silhouette of a naked woman.  Is she rotating clockwise or anti-clockwise?

Ah, you see.  You can't figure it out.

thenoise

I like the Ines where you stare at a dot for a while then the girl from the exorcist screams at you.

Replies From View

Or that one where you stare for ages at an arse and then you get a black eye.

mothman

Quote from: black_betty on September 27, 2017, 03:09:45 PM
These two are quite old, and though I spent ages waiting to shit bricks at the time, they look pretty obvious now.

Oh! It's a sailboat!

kittens

Quote from: black_betty on September 27, 2017, 03:09:45 PM

someone tell me what the second one is supposed to do. i'm not staring at a brick wall for ages waiting for something to happen. get that enough at work LOL

Dr Rock

Yeah, the first one is a wall, we all know that. Is the second one a wall with a hole in it, but we are supposed to see a small rock in it?

Replies From View

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 27, 2017, 07:54:41 PM
Yeah, the first one is a wall, we all know that. Is the second one a wall with a hole in it, but we are supposed to see a small rock in it?

Supposed to see a cigar in it.

Norton Canes

Dr Rock

Quote from: Replies From View on September 27, 2017, 07:55:48 PM
Supposed to see a cigar in it.

Apparently so. Very poor.

Oh wait - yes, you can see the whole of the cigar (look at the darkest brown oblong bit with the ash at one end). I have now shat bricks.

DukeDeMondo

Brix shat here also. Very good.

jobotic

I've seen that before and I forgot it.

Still think it's a cross turtle looking through a hole.

That chess thing - square b changes colour.

Dr Rock

Quote from: jobotic on September 27, 2017, 08:28:42 PM
That chess thing - square b changes colour.

I put it through photoshop, same colour. If you make a piece of paper with holes cut out where the squares are so you can't see the context, you'll see. Unless you were joking.

Replies From View

Here's a previous version of this thread, in case anyone wants to go fishing:  http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,30742.0.html

Replies From View

Quote from: Replies From View on September 27, 2017, 06:02:49 PM
The one with the silhouette of a naked woman.  Is she rotating clockwise or anti-clockwise?

Ah, you see.  You can't figure it out.

Oh alright then; you are allowed to see it if you insist.

Glebe