Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:41:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Optical illusions

Started by pancreas, September 26, 2017, 11:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Thanks. I got her to go the other way, but only for a few seconds.

Yeah but what about the spinning lady?

king_tubby

QuoteI hadn't realised it was quite so long, but apparently my last post before yesterday was in 2008. Is that some sort of record?

No.

Depressed Beyond Tables

This takes a while. Some people report seeing a gate.

Icehaven

Quote from: Replies From View on September 28, 2017, 07:45:28 AM
From the earlier thread; why not:

This one would be much better without the furthest away bloke.

Paul Calf

That's exactly what I thought: the awkwardness of the stance would be unobtrusive if it was just one bloke, but two of them doing it just gives it away.

Icehaven

If he wasn't there I'd probably have thought the brixshitting thing was that the sitting man looks like he's half sunk into the concrete behind him.

im barry bethel

Quote from: Replies From View on September 28, 2017, 07:45:28 AM
From the earlier thread; why not:

Quote from: icehaven on September 28, 2017, 09:39:07 AM
This one would be much better without the furthest away bloke.

and the railings, lamp post, trees

Dr Rock

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 28, 2017, 08:23:15 AM

This one's rubbish, you're not supposed to see you are looking at a hula hoop but rather a red circle telling you where to look? it's obviously a hula hoop. So I was looking for something else, but no, that's it.

Konki

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 28, 2017, 08:23:15 AM

I'm so shit at this. Not getting anything here. Perhaps I have wrong kind of eyes or brain?

im barry bethel

Quote from: Konki on September 28, 2017, 10:53:04 AM
I'm so shit at this. Not getting anything here. Perhaps I have wrong kind of eyes or brain?

Relax, you and me both obviously have a far superior left brain than all these cross eyed upside down colour counters

Dr Rock

Quote from: Konki on September 28, 2017, 10:53:04 AM

It's just a hula hoop. You saw there was a hula hoop yeah?

baptist

What am I mean to be seeing with the one with the kids and that wooden thing?

Captain Z

Quote from: baptist on September 28, 2017, 11:15:52 AM
What am I mean to be seeing with the one with the kids and that wooden thing?

The wood forms one of those 'impossible cubes', where the vertical slats defy the laws of space. If it's been done by cutting a gap in one horizontal slat and arranging the other vertical at a clever angle then I guess ok, but any 'shitbrix' images that have been photoshopped, such as the horse one, are just annoying.

RFV's method helped me to control the pirouetting figure too.

Quote from: Replies From View on September 27, 2017, 09:44:54 PM
Now look at the reflection of her foot, and see if you can will that to rotate in the opposite direction.  Then lift your eyes back up to her full body.

If you're still having some trouble, make sure to focus on the outer rotating foot shadow that disappears and reaappears from view. The disappearance gives you the best chance to frame it differently. When it's about to bob back up into view - if it's been spinning clockwise coming around the front of the standing leg - prepare to throw it around the back of the leg anticlockwise and hold on to that movement for a few spins before bringing it up to the whole picture. Then try the opposite when you want it to go clockwise again.

Icehaven

Quote from: Captain Z on September 28, 2017, 11:21:05 AM
any 'shitbrix' images that have been photoshopped, such as the horse one, are just annoying.

And that one particularly as you're clearly supposed to think it's that the girl has a prosthetic.

phantom_power

What about the kids leaning against the wall?

Konki

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 28, 2017, 11:01:06 AM
It's just a hula hoop. You saw there was a hula hoop yeah?

It's surely not just that there's a hula hoop there? What the fuck?

I swear with at least half of these I've been sent over the years there's just nothing there and I'm being pranked into staring at a mundane image for ages.

biggytitbo

Quote from: icehaven on September 28, 2017, 11:27:49 AM
And that one particularly as you're clearly supposed to think it's that the girl has a prosthetic.

What does the photo show then?

Icehaven

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 28, 2017, 11:48:25 AM

What does the photo show then?

Look at the middle background to the left (our left) of the girl. But make sure you're sitting on a very strong toilet first of course.

biggytitbo

Quote from: icehaven on September 28, 2017, 12:06:17 PM
Look at the middle background to the left (our left) of the girl. But make sure you're sitting on a very strong toilet first of course.

Ohh i thought the prosphetic was meant to be an illusion not that there was a horse. These pictures are shit.

Icehaven

Quote from: phantom_power on September 28, 2017, 11:29:50 AM
What about the kids leaning against the wall?

AFAICT it's that they're supposed to look like they're all sitting on a bench but....wait for it...THERE'S NO BENCH!!

Replies From View

For anybody still struggling with the rotating woman illusion, somebody has made this:

biggytitbo

It's funny to switch between looking at the left and right image as it instantly makes the central one change direction.

Konki

Can someone please confirm what the hula hoop illusion is?

Paul Calf

^ It's a hula hoop. That seriously is it. You're supposed to think it's a highlight circle.

It's shit.

Konki

So Dr Rock wasn't taking the piss?

Fucking hell.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Replies From View on September 28, 2017, 09:29:57 PM
For anybody still struggling with the rotating woman illusion, somebody has made this:

uh..uh...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bhazor

If you let your eyes go slightly out of focus you can get the two on the sides spinning in opposite directions. And the one in the middle having a rummage.

Icehaven