Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:30:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Started by mobias, September 27, 2017, 01:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Yeah, that was the last time I went for diamond, although I'm near diamond shotties in Blops 3, so
really should go back and finish that off. Took me/us more than two weeks, over a very long, hot and sweaty summer, and I think I literally beat you by a couple of hours in the end. CoD points have been pushed back till tomorrow - obviously to watch this drama rather than for the stated reason of fixing the servers - and there are definitely more guns in supply drops coming, so I'm intrigued to see what happens here, over the games life cycle. Halving launch XP is another great indication of what a piece of shit Michael Condrey is, but he has made a really great game, and I haven't enjoyed MP as much since the aforementioned Blops 2. I just don't fully trust him or SHG not to run the whole thing into the ground now.

LanceUppercut

I played a the first few levels of the campaign on ea access, quite good, wouldn't buy it though.

mobias

The campaign gets better later on. Its serviceable anyway, decent enough fun. Actually playing it makes me really want a really good single player Star Wars game. Even playing on the some of multiplayer maps you get an idea of how good it would be to have an open world type game you could just explore. The Mos Eisley map in particular is so well detailed and filled with aliens and life that you just want to wander about leisurely checking it out.

mobias

The first 10 minutes of this Giant bomb review does a good job of trying to explain how utterly convoluted and nonsensical the loot crate and star card levelling system of this game is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqOSb-t7pkc

mobias

Looks like there's moves afoot in the US to make loot boxes illegal, on a state by state basis. Hawaii are going first, apparently others might be following https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=36&v=_akwfRuL4os

Bhazor

If they actually start age checking the AAA games industry is fucked. Like 90% of COD players are underage.

COD, Battlefield, EA Sports would all be ruined by age gating. So fucking bring it on I say.

mobias

First DLC coming soon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0-ye4LXWts L

Lets hope its got some cool loot boxes, right guys?

madhair60

This game is the fuckin shit. Holy christ it's good. Not a microtransaction to be found

mobias

Quote from: madhair60 on April 20, 2018, 02:46:53 PM
This game is the fuckin shit. Holy christ it's good. Not a microtransaction to be found

That is the truth. Its the best online fun I've had since Warhawk on the PS3. EA should try and relaunch it at a lower price to get people on board. It is an incredibly good fun game.

madhair60

I nabbed it for £24.99 on sale after watching a mate play it, I can't get over how good it looks and smooth it runs. Shitloads to do, as well. The current Ewok Hunt mode is surprisingly harrowing.

mobias

The single player story mode os worth a look too. Its not amazing but when its at its best it does give you a glimpse of how good an offline story based Star Wars game could be if not done a bit half heartedly. Any of these silly Star Wars spin off movies would have been far better done as story based games in my opinion.

Ham Bap

Bought this and all the DLC for around £12 on the PS Store.
Been having great fun the past couple of days.

There's even a PvE mode where you and 3 randoms can team up against enemy AI on all the multiplayer maps.
I've been playing on that to get used to the game and level up as I'm 3 years behind everyone else.
Not a micro transaction to be found anymore either.
Fantastic slice of Star Wars fun.

El Unicornio, mang