Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 53950 times)

icehaven

• I will be in the bar, with my head on the bar
Re: What are you reading?
« Reply #720 on: August 09, 2019, 11:11:36 AM »
A few pages in to Robert Webb's book and I've just remembered reading a review ages ago that said it was extremely sad and difficult read, but I think I got mixed up and thought that was something else and that this was a jaunt, but it's quickly becoming apparent it's not. Being unable to stop reading it in Jeremy's voice when he's pretending everything's fine when it isn't doesn't help much either.

New page weep show.

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #721 on: August 11, 2019, 02:25:46 PM »
I bought the Gormenghast trilogy a while back, and finally finished reading the first one, "Titus Groan". There's a lot to really enjoy in it, but it really feels like a book that was serialised, and every month he came up 500 words short, so made the characters (mostly Prunesquallor and the twins) talk way too much. I don't know if it's me or the book, but there were sections that I really struggled to get through.

I had a quick glance at the plot of the second one, and that might be better, but I'm going to read something non-fiction for a bit and cleanse the palate.

Panbaams

• Your name here
« Reply #722 on: August 15, 2019, 12:49:32 AM »
I’m about a quarter of the way through The Kenneth Williams Diaries. Just 25 years’ worth of bitching and self-pity to go and I’ll be done.