Author Topic: More terrible book covers  (Read 24908 times)

Glebe

• This is a low-flying panic attack.
Re: More terrible book covers
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2020, 12:03:27 AM »

Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen has let himself go.

New page twat soz.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

• My head really was bulbous.
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2020, 08:20:20 AM »
James Lance has let himself go.
(Actually, looking in pretty deceny nick nowadays, considering)

FY, TF.

« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2020, 01:18:57 PM »
This fucking thing:

has been optioned for a TV series. And somehow I never noticed the author's photo when the book was posted here before, but fucking look at it. Have you ever seen a face that screams "bellend" more than that one?
his nose looks like a scrotum to be fair which is the other end

I do hate his wacky twitter lefty act which is usually just taking a viral video of some cunt falling over and puts "live footage of the UK leaving the EU"

« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2020, 01:37:05 PM »
I actually think I honestly hate him more than I hate Hitler. And I hate Hitler a lot.

« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2020, 06:15:52 PM »

Thomas

• well they do all sixteen dances.
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2020, 07:25:48 PM »
There are books I haven't bought because the only affordable option was a Wordsworth Classic.

« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2020, 10:18:05 PM »
I actually think I honestly hate him more than I hate Hitler. And I hate Hitler a lot.
i mean he's no hitler but he's a talentless hawking grifter who shifts more copies of his shitty book than he deserves to

see also james o'brien, james ball (basically a tory), aaron gillies (technically ron), matt haig, other cunts

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2020, 04:44:49 PM »
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/amberjamieson/barnes-noble-book-covers-diverse-black-history-month

Barnes and Noble decided to sell versions of books (conveniently, all in the public domain) with POC on the cover, after having used an algorithm to determine which books mentioned the ethnicity of their protagonists the least. It appears it got all the way to nearly being sold before the chorus of people telling them what a fucking stupid idea it was won out. For instance, "The Secret Garden", with its exceptionally racist main character, has decided to reimagine this character as Asian on the cover, strongly indicating no-one involved in any of this had ever read the book, or knew anything about it.

« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2020, 05:34:52 PM »
The Blunch Black of Blotre Blame

imitationleather

• "The French... are famous... for their kissing"
    • http://last.fm/user/ImiLeathr
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2020, 06:11:11 PM »
Naked Blunch

Mister Six

• Ridiculously teacakes
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2020, 12:06:03 AM »
A Blaffair to Rememblack.

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2020, 01:17:31 PM »
I think I've mentioned Dedalus before in one of these threads. Well here's their cover for Robert Irwin's new book:

This isn't a self-published vanity press, Dedalus is a serious publisher of literary fiction with Arts Council funding.

thenoise

• Golden Member
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2020, 10:32:50 AM »
How about a race-reverse version of Huckleberry Finn, a feisty well educated young black boy and his unlikely friendship with escaped white servant Cracka-Jim.

Tags: