Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:38:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"The Bomb'd Shelter" Avatar nostalgia thread

Started by Cambrian Times, January 04, 2005, 02:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambrian Times

Since CaB is back and alas we have no avatars, I thought I would set up this thread, as a kind of nostalgic gallery-come-museum.

So to kick off, here is my TBS avatar.

Silver SurferGhost

Yeah go on then, although I'm not so sure about the "alas" as avatars make me act all weird, so I'm best not given the option thanks...

But an "In Memorium" thread, I'm all for it!
These looked terrible at 50x50 didn't they, and I devoted a whole half hour of my life to making mine!

I made this

and tinkered with it until it looked like this

Rats

It's either my love for the film and it's drug abusing starlet or hinting at sexual ambiguity in order to appear more interesting than I actually am. I haven't decided yet.

Silver SurferGhost

Still Not George

Mine was just a caffeine molecule. Not really worth reproducing.

Timmay

Nice Burberry scarf there Cambrian.

Oh, okay then...

Frinky

skibz

Though I did only change it to this about two days ago...

Morrisfan82

Quote from: "Rats"
It's either my love for the film and it's drug abusing starlet or hinting at sexual ambiguity in order to appear more interesting than I actually am. I haven't decided yet.
On a related note, I watched about ¾ of Wizard Of Oz when it was on over Xmas, a session fuelled in its entirety by the sheer hotness of Judy Garland.

Rats

She was unbelievably gorgeous, those sad dog eyes just break your heart.

butnut

Morrisfan82

Quote from: "Rats"She was unbelievably gorgeous, those sad dog eyes just break your heart.
Yeh man.

I try my best not to fall in love with people in films/on TV/in photographs anymore, it hurts too much.

Kill that fucking gif Butnut please! The Gervais power is slowing my browser, not to mention the retina damage.

slim

Apparently a post-coital lazyhour. The truth is I just sit at my desk nekkid, or near it.

butnut

Quote from: "Muteki"Kill that fucking gif Butnut please! The Gervais power is slowing my browser, not to mention the retina damage.

Sorry! It's a link now. God knows how people cope where there are forums with these things all over the place.

Purple Tentacle

splattermac

Where did you make the personalised cartoon avatars then?

thanks in advance

slim

Quote from: "splattermac"Where did you make the personalised cartoon avatars then?

thanks in advance
Here you go.

Timmay

Which one is you?

Naah, I really like that effect - how did you do it? I saw yours and gave tracing my face a go in Photoshop, but either I've not got the face for it, or I can't draw cartoons cause it was shit.

Cambrian Times

Quote from: "Timmay"Nice Burberry scarf there Cambrian.

My scarf isn't actually Burberry, it's made up of various shades of brown, but the burberry graphic was the closest they had to it.

Lt Plonker

I forgot where the Bombd Shelter was, so I sat and cried as I read the BBC News website for the 23rd time.

Last time I was there, I had a cat.

fanny splendid

I wanted to look beautiful in the shelter...

lazyhour

Quote from: "slim"

Apparently a post-coital lazyhour.

So we're told!  Here's the pre-coital Lazyhour:

Timmay

I've just spat love juice all over my monitor.

Purple Tentacle

How do you do those cartoon things then?

Anything has to be more accurate than...

fanny splendid

Timmay

Ha! That's good. Go on fanny, who else have you got in your picture database? Do them too! :)

How do you do the cartoony thing and make it look good!? I bet it's a 2 second filter in Photoshop, isn't it.

I just traced over mine, then used the original and the cartoon in Animation Shop.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"I just traced over mine, then used the original and the cartoon in Animation Shop.

That's basically what I did.

Who next?