Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

🎃👻HALLOWEEN 2017 👻🎃

Started by Fry, October 12, 2017, 09:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

The spookiest day of the year is approaching. Figured we ought to have a thread to document it. You a fan of Halloween? You got kids you're going to take trick or treating? Are you gonna be carving a pumpkin? Or are you gonna be sat in with the lights off all night not answering the door.

I have been invited to a party the weekend before but I have no ideas as to what I should dress up as.

Fry

Christ that pumpkin looks like the new button this is going to annoy me.

doppelkorn

As usual, we'll do sod all, but might dress up baby as a scary thing. He hates hats.

What baby outfit is best baby hatless outfit?

Looks like this

SpiderChrist

I'm deejaying at a "celebrate the darkness" gig with a couple of local-ish acts on Saturday 28th and am currently researching appropriately spooky dance music. Don't have strong feelings either way about Halloween, certainly don't hate it as much as I hate Christmas.

Beagle 2

I will be watching Strictly Come Dancing and telling trick or treaters to fucking do one.

Fry

Dress baby up as Dr. Robotnik.

I don't mind sharing my current number one idea with a baby.

JoeyBananaduck

I always plan to do something and never do, so I reckon it'll be another yeasty tick in that box this year.

Cuellar

I have bought a pumpkin but I intend to make a pumpkin pie from it, rather than carving and subsequently romancing it.

BlodwynPig

Looking forward to a Canadian halloween. Apparently a house down the street themes their house (e.g nuclear zombies last year), which attracts tourists

thenoise

I usually make pumpkin curry, and watch Monsters Crash the Pajama Party on DVD.

pancreas

Can you adorn baby with what look like self-harm cuts? Tell the other parents he has body image issues.

Glebe

Happy Halloween, everyone! I have a feeling it's going to be a really lovely celebration this year!

Cuellar

Leatherface looks a LOT like Gaddafi towards the end.

A LOT.

Dr Syntax Head

I'll be checking out all the female students in slutty versions of non horror related costumes. Other than that halloween can fuck off.

Captain Z

Quote from: Beagle 2 on October 12, 2017, 10:01:13 AM
I will be watching Strictly Come Dancing and telling trick or treaters to fucking do one.

I might as well get this out of my system because someone has spoiled it by starting a thread 2 weeks early, but I really wanted to post:

BRUCE FORSYTH TO APPEAR AS HOST ON STRICTLY THIS WEEKEND???

Then inside it would be:

Sorry, "I meant Bruce Forsyth to appear as ghost on strictly this weekend?"

with hilarious consequences.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Captain Z on October 12, 2017, 12:40:11 PM
I might as well get this out of my system because someone has spoiled it by starting a thread 2 weeks early, but I really wanted to post:

BRUCE FORSYTH TO APPEAR AS HOST ON STRICTLY THIS WEEKEND???

Then inside it would be:

Sorry, "I meant Bruce Forsyth to appear as ghost on strictly this weekend?"

with hilarious consequences.

Ruined. This will disappear quicker than a Shoulders-Stomach childhood memory.

JoeyBananaduck

Imagine his trademark avuhvuhvuhvuhvuh but all bloody haunted sounding with some sort of echo effect. I don't know about you but my drawers would be thoroughly shited.

Brucie dripping in ectoplasm, with a glowy effect around him while he does his trademark posture.

Doing a soft shoe shuffle across the front of the stage but you look closer and he doesn't have any fucking feet.

Nice to apparate before you, to apparate before you....

Going to give Tess Daly a grandfatherly squeeze and passing right through her.

No I need to stop thinking about this, it's too ghoulish. Putting the willies up me.

kittens

i'm having a halloween themed housewarming this friday, everybody welcome, bring booze. i'm dressing as a member of the guilty remnant from the leftovers as it is an easy costume and from the best show and means i have an excuse to smoke fags all night. result

BlodwynPig

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on October 12, 2017, 01:22:50 PM
Imagine his trademark avuhvuhvuhvuhvuh but all bloody haunted sounding with some sort of echo effect. I don't know about you but my drawers would be thoroughly shited.

Brucie dripping in ectoplasm, with a glowy effect around him while he does his trademark posture.

I swear to Goed that I saw this at Disneyland Paris' Haunted Mansion ride.

Lemming

Best holiday bar none. BAR FUCKING NONE, MATE

Don't even like candy sweets, I just like putting up spooky cobweb decorations around the house that slowly degrade over time and cause you to get byssinosis from inhaling their airborne remnants.

It's lots of fun to see all the costumes too, especially when they're completely half-arsed like:
-sheet with eyeholes draped over self
-just black lipstick and eyeshadow and literally nothing else
-vampire fangs and literally nothing else
-normal clothes but holding a spooky skull-shaped or pumpkin-shaped lantern

It makes it all the more satisfying to see the look of disappointment when my trademark Shit Fucking Treats are given out. Out-of-date Celebrations, you'll take them and like them, you fucking scum.

JoeyBananaduck

Other year was my first year living in this sleepy little village. My wife works at a high school and said "We'd better get some sweets in, there's always loads of kids coming and trick or treating". Assuming these were the kids that would be knocking on the door, I thought "oh ace," cause I've lived in flats for most of my adult life and I don't think had ever had Trick or Treaters. Mrs Bananaduck dressed up as a conventional witch, I thought 'now's my time to shine' and stupidly spent an afternoon and a few quid putting together a dead authentic Jason Voorhees costume complete with blood and rotting flesh. "Er....I doubt that's going to be appropriate love." Turns out there's a Halloween party for 5-8 year olds at the Village Hall 50 yards from us and the kids she was referring to were the attendees. Suffice to say Jason went in a fucking box somewhere.

Cerys

Quote from: doppelkorn on October 12, 2017, 09:53:29 AM
As usual, we'll do sod all, but might dress up baby as a scary thing. He hates hats.

Looks like this

Give him a punnet of blackberries to eat.  Experience has shown me that babies who eat them smear the juice all over their faces and come out looking like zombies.

Beagle 2

Looks like this

mothman

Just wait until he starts drawing on that dishwasher.

Spoon of Ploff

Looks like this

His inability to work a hotpoint properly is horrifying enough

JoeyBananaduck

If your baby won't wear a hat it's time to get papier mache-ing and make some sort of false body. Think [blank] with a baby's head. Most things with a baby's head a scary. Babies in particular. Make him/her/zir/whatever the body of a baby.

checkoutgirl

I'll be going to see The Rock Horror Picture Show with my sister on the Saturday before Halloween. That'll do me. On the day itself I'll obviously be sitting in like every Halloween in my life ever, might watch a scary film. Christmas is unavoidable but Halloween is a different story. It hasn't meant anything to me for 25 years when we used to collect fire wood for the bonfire and lob feistel bangers at people's front doors.

North Americans seem to take it extremely seriously with elaborate and expensive costumes and big parties attended by grown adults. I think this is one of many reasons why most other cultures in the world feel superior to Americans.

biggytitbo

How come this bollocks lasts all month now? - Ive actualled heard the phrase 'Halloween month' recently. Its getting as bad as Christmas.

SteveDave

I'm DJing on Saturday the 28th of October and anyone who asks for "Ghostbusters" or "Thriller" will be told to grow up. The "Thriller" people will also be told that I don't play songs by paedos. I'll then play a selection of Led Zeppelin, Gary Glitter and The Rolling Stones great hits.