Author Topic: The All New Comics Thread 2017+ Edition  (Read 38460 times)

Mister Six

• Half-masted, bass-boosted, sling-backed
Re: The All New Comics Thread 2017+ Edition
« Reply #630 on: August 01, 2019, 03:45:01 PM »
I bought the digital omnibuses earlier this year ago. Been sitting in my 'to read' pile. Gonna make a start on them tonight / tomoz. I've already read the first 2 'physical' tpbs, a long time ago.

Ah, hold on then, because the digital omnibuses might not include the miniseries (per the above posts).

Artie Fufkin

• Let Me In, Sparks
« Reply #631 on: August 01, 2019, 04:23:26 PM »
Ah, hold on then, because the digital omnibuses might not include the miniseries (per the above posts).

They do not, no. Which is why I bought the spin-offs earlier. I checked all the contents of the omnibuses (omnibii), and it's just the basic issue 1 - 72(?).

Mister Six

• Half-masted, bass-boosted, sling-backed
« Reply #632 on: August 01, 2019, 04:39:02 PM »
Madness. Yeah, the main series stopped at 72.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #633 on: August 02, 2019, 11:08:27 PM »
Paper Girls had a good ending, too. Gutted that's over

I've just read it now and aren't sure what to think. It was certainly touching and poignant and suggests that despite the memory wipe they will stay friends, but I still found myself wishing they could have still retained their memories somehow. And I get that if they had it might have fucked (some) of them up enormously, but it still feels rather tragic that they have no idea about the things they went through together.

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • My RUBBISH
« Reply #634 on: August 04, 2019, 12:19:44 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean SMBH, but SPOILERZ AHEAD.....

I kinda liked that they ended up as pals anyway. So maybe some remnant of that time is still somehow pulling them together. I thought it was quite sweet

I liked that the time travel and fantasy elements were wrapped up in the last issue, so the final one could just be about the friendship between the four of them. Lovely stuff

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #635 on: August 04, 2019, 06:08:24 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean SMBH, but SPOILERZ AHEAD.....

I kinda liked that they ended up as pals anyway. So maybe some remnant of that time is still somehow pulling them together. I thought it was quite sweet

I liked that the time travel and fantasy elements were wrapped up in the last issue, so the final one could just be about the friendship between the four of them. Lovely stuff

I liked that aspect too, it allowed the ending to breathe and be affecting after all the fast paced craziness of the previous issues, and it's definitely a series I look back upon really fondly, and would definitely recommend to others. I'm looking forward to the proposed tv version too, but hope they stick to the comics and make it a limited event, maybe three seasons at the most.

Edit: Doctor Who Issues 9 and 10 - A fun adventure which involves the timelady Corsair from before she was killed, I really wish Jody Houser was given a job writing for the tv series as she captures the characters incredibly well and the plots are always enjoyable too, hell, she even had Yaz say something funny in the most recent issue.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 08:22:20 PM by Small Man Big Horse »

Glebe

• Cheers, thanks mate, nice one.
« Reply #636 on: Yesterday at 04:01:31 PM »
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest #6: Brings things to a conclusion with some larks and meta-stuff, nothing mind-blowing but there are some nice little touches.

I've got Catwoman: When in Rome sitting there unread these past few weeks.