Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:11:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

UFO Drawings from the National Archives

Started by holyzombiejesus, October 14, 2017, 12:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Wow! This looks great.

QuoteOriginally set up after a request from Winston Churchill, the Ministry of Defence's UFO Desk ran for over 60 years, collating mysterious sightings and records of strange objects in the sky from observant, and sometimes imaginative, members of the public. As well as letters and official reports, the UFO files contain photographs, drawings and even paintings of these curious sightings. David Clarke has selected examples from The National Archives to present a history of British UFO art and the remarkable stories behind these images, including an alien craft on the A1, flying saucers over Hampstead, and a spaceship landing at a primary school in Macclesfield.

https://www.fourcornersbooks.co.uk/books/ufo-drawings/

Serge

Ah, I like the look of that. Christmas list!

Though I notice that it has the Solway Firth Spaceman in it - there was a man who needed to admit that it was just his wife with her back to the camera.

manticore

The big moment in my apostasy from UFO belief was when I saw drawings people had made of 'UFOs' they had seen from an aeroplane. They drew elaborate constructions with coloured lights, rows of windows, sometimes with aliens looking out of them. The source turned out to be a satellite re-entry and all they were seeing was shards of burning metal. The human imagination is a wonderful thing.