Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mindhunter

Started by Viero_Berlotti, October 14, 2017, 03:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Norse

Yeah, I guess so, it just meant that the scene felt a bit so-so compared to the other interviews I suppose.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I just finished watching the second series last night (Summer didn't seem like the right time to watch it). Perhaps I'm rose tinting my memories of the first series, but I was mildly disappointed with this one. It makes sense for the story that they would do fewer interviews this time, but without those it's basically just another police procedural.

Also, it might have been a bang on impersonation of Manson, but all I could see was a hairy Dewey Crowe. On a related note; do they just not care about the agents swearing on tape any more? Ford saying 'cunts' in the first series wound up getting their boss fired (not directly, I know) but Tench swearing at Manson caused no blowback at all. Also also, it was rather contrived that Tench's kid was up to some bad business at just the right time for Manson to give his "your children" speech.

It's still good and I'll certainly be watching a third series, but maybe without as much anticipation.

phes

Spent most of the Manson stuff thinking how much better Jeremy Davies (Dickie Bennett) would have been for the role

Think I'm out for a third. Far too average to risk another eight hours

NJ Uncut

Quote from: phes on November 05, 2019, 04:37:57 PM
Spent most of the Manson stuff thinking how much better Jeremy Davies (Dickie Bennett) would have been for the role

Think I'm out for a third. Far too average to risk another eight hours

That Manson actor is great

See also: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Neomod

Quote from: NJ Uncut on November 05, 2019, 05:01:43 PM
That Manson actor is great

See also: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

I was surprised/delighted to learn it's Dewey Crowe from the superb Justified.

Edit. Oops. Didn't see Claude's post.

Bazooka

Late to the party with series 2, just binged it. Well I really enjoyed, yes it was less serial killer based, but still a good enough storyline. Wish the preview killer we keep seeing got some closure narrative wise, but series 3 will be in the bag. Great acting though. Its probably my favourite Netflix series as of late.

Quote from: Hank Venture on September 01, 2019, 12:45:16 AM
The weirdest thing from S2 was the scenes where Holden tries to beat the parade to the church so he can put up a cross. It's filmed in this very student film way, complete with a "scary" filter on. One of the strangest things I've seen in an otherwise straight-played series of relatively high quality. Really odd.
Do you mean when he was filmed (on film) by the news cameras?

Johnny Textface

This model Netflix has of dropping a whole season in one go is unsustainable surely. These shows are forgotten about after a couple of weeks now. They are killing tv.

Josef K

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on December 03, 2019, 01:02:51 PM
Do you mean when he was filmed (on film) by the news cameras?

I think he means this scene, and the bit after that isn't in this clip when he approaches the church with the cross:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3haMp9hcVIA

It stuck out like a sore thumb, I still don't really understand the point of the cross idea, let alone why it was shot in such a different way to the rest of the series. It kinda looked like Holt was edited into actual old footage from the time in certain shots, but clearly wasn't.

Bazooka

I understood the cross,although it was far fetched even for Holden to think they spot a suspect among a few hundred people.  I thought the actor playing the music producer/suspect was amazing.

Quote from: Josef K on December 03, 2019, 08:36:45 PM
I think he means this scene, and the bit after that isn't in this clip when he approaches the church with the cross:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3haMp9hcVIA

It stuck out like a sore thumb, I still don't really understand the point of the cross idea, let alone why it was shot in such a different way to the rest of the series. It kinda looked like Holt was edited into actual old footage from the time in certain shots, but clearly wasn't.
To be honest, I didn't fully grasp the plan with the crosses either, but I don't see anything odd about the style of that scene. The handheld shooting is just the standard way of showing Ford's desperation in the moment. They did the same thing in the first series, when he had his first panic attack. The "scary filter" is to show that he's been caught on camera by the TV news crews present.

Ja'moke

The cross thing was to create a sort of "landmark" and to make sure it was shown on TV, thereby potentially enticing the killer to later visit it, as in many of these type of cases, killers would return to the crime scene or places associated with the crime scene to "relive" the kill and get off. The cross stunt was something they did in real life too.

imitationleather

How annoying. Netflix does this to nearly every show.

Bazooka

I bloody hope not, certainly my favourite program of the last couple of years.

Mister Six

They're not cancelling it, just not paying to keep the contracts up while the creators piss about on other things. Unless the core cast all fuck off to do 500 episodes of NCIS a year, I imagine we'll see the show back once the creators have got their houses in order.

druss

2022 earliest though you'd think.

Waking Life

It'll help age them I suppose, but still pretty crappy. Given the nonsense Netflix spaffs money on.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: Waking Life on January 16, 2020, 10:24:17 PM
It'll help age them I suppose, but still pretty crappy. Given the nonsense Netflix spaffs money on.

Check Medical Police in the meantime.