Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:00:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tell me about your band

Started by Dr Syntax Head, October 15, 2017, 11:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Syntax Head

If you're in one.  Had one proper session with my new band (2 sessions where it was just a bit of a mess) and I have to say I can see real potential. I've never felt so confident with a band I've been in. Probably because our vocalist can genuinely sing like Jeff Buckley/Wieland/Vedder/Yorke whichever direction takes his fancy. I am absolutely buzzing. The range of influences really helps. I'm shoegaze and post punk to the core, singer is a grunge hero waiting to happen, other guitar guy is a Frusciante influenced genius, bass player is a post rock genius and the drummer (why is it so hard to find drummers) is probably the hardest working of all of us, he's always on point.

So tell me about your band. Post your stuff cos I want to hear it.

grassbath

Glad to hear it's clicking, Syntax - it's a great feeling.

My band's been together about 2 years. Things are going well - had a lot of releases out for a short amount of time, been played on BBC Intro, just won a competition to play a relatively major North England festival, and another competition for funding and support from a local-ish arts council-funded PR company with studio.

At the heart of it, it's actually just two frustrated songwriters who met and decided to pool their resources and create a collaborative recording/performing platform for each others' songs (me - bass, tenor vocals, keyboards, Neil Hannon/McCartney-ish showtuney pop; him - guitar, baritone vocals, drums, Tom Petty/Johnny Marr-esque jangly power pop). Lots of vocal harmonies. He's got decent recording equipment so we do nearly everything in-house. So far, it's working quite nicely. We've got a drummer just for gigging and touring, who occasionally sits in for recording if the stuff is more his style.

May post some stuff later.

Dr Syntax Head

So good to hear man. It's a great feeling when you know you sound good. It's a goal of mine to get some 6 music attention. Any advice?