Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:49:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Good Time (Safdie brothers, 2017)

Started by zomgmouse, October 15, 2017, 07:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Latest film by the New York sibling duo. Starring Robert Pattinson and Benny Safdie as two brothers who rob a bank and their subsequent unravelling.

I thought this was excellent. Highly thrilling, tense, flowing narrative progression/motivations. Good soundtrack, acting. Impressive camerawork and nice editing. After the super-heavy dramatic turn of Heaven Knows What it was nice to see them inject a lighter and more humorous tone again. Just all-round fabulous filmmaking. Highly recommended. One of my films of the year for sure.

I suppose this could be a thread for them in general. How widely known are their films? I only heard of them a few years ago when there was a short retrospective at the film festival but hadn't watched anything until this year when I saw a few things in preparation for seeing Good Time. They're really, really good.

Bence Fekete

Yeah I loved this. Deserves more attention as I only happened upon by accident, but certainly one of the best crime thrillers of recent years.