Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:38:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Squidbillies season 11

Started by NoSleep, October 16, 2017, 04:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Squidbillies is back. Last season was beset by absent (and dying) cast members and the scheduling was erratic. This season there only seems to be info for 4 episodes, so far, so I expect more of the same. Dave Willis' other current show on Adult Swim, Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell, suffered from the same erratic scheduling last year (and into the early part of this year).

Anyway, the music for this series has got me searching for three string Appalachian mountain banjos (as played over the closing credits) and has featured a string of artists covering the opening credits and contributing to the show otherwise, which, together with the beautiful background paintings used throughout, makes this worth watching even before considering the brutal, violent and bizarre lives of the central characters.

Hope we get plenty of Dan Halen this year.

NoSleep

Hmmm... maybe the four episodes are the only ones for this season, as this first one was full length as as opposed to the usual 10 minutes (four full-length episodes = a season of 8 x 10 minute episodes). Quite a few laugh out loud moments although it was patchy (the good cop/bad cop bit went on too long without finding much new to do with that old chestnut); loved the prison montage.

I think there's gonna be at least 8 episodes because a press release about eight artists who will be covering the theme song for the intro this year, that's at least my guess.

NoSleep

Dave Willis has said the first was a "half hour special".