Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:55:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Walking Dead: S8

Started by Pinckle Wicker, October 22, 2017, 08:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone still planning on watching this?

As i recall it ended the last series on quite a shitfest with Negan and the Junkyard tribe so be interesting to see how it pans out, or perhaps not!

up_the_hampipe

Season 7 was the first time I'd been truly interested in the show for a long time. I'm actually looking forward to this premiere. Of course, there's always going to be blatant flaws, but at least it's not aimless crap anymore.

Hangthebuggers

Also i noticed there's been NO thread for Fear the walking dead series 3 - even though it was much better than the last few series of the walking dead. And yes, I'll probably watch this even though i love/hate it... For me TWD is just comfort TV.

AsparagusTrevor

Unfortunately the awful Garbage Pail Kids are still gonna feature since the main woman one has been added as a main cast member. On the plus side, so has Steven Ogg as Trevor Simon, who is usually a blast to watch.

I had watched the last series of FTWD and thought it had improved a good bit.

Gulftastic

Why don't they just shoot the prick? WHY? They've clearly got sharpshooters in their ranks. Or, failing that, Father Carver had a machine gun when Twat was going on about 'shitting pants'.

And the replacement Asian-American for Glenn shows up.

^^ Was equally dumfounded by the lack of a sniper there given how meticulous the planning has gone into the Negan takedown. I find the motivational speeches are also a bit tiring to now. Am not quite sure what the whole flashforward thing was going down. .  [/colour

Malcy

That was a heap of pointless shite. Think its time to give up on this. FTWD is far far superior and enjoyable.

up_the_hampipe

Rick had a clear shot at Negan but didn't take it. Chicken. Coward.

Pdine

Yes the speechifying just made me sigh. "Dear Zombies, please eat these dull, pious self-important cunts. Thanks."

Konki

Quote from: Gulftastic on October 23, 2017, 08:37:11 AM
Why don't they just shoot the prick? WHY? They've clearly got sharpshooters in their ranks. Or, failing that, Father Carver had a machine gun when Twat was going on about 'shitting pants'.

And the replacement Asian-American for Glenn shows up.

You're spot on. It's so fucking frustrating.

Also all the needless stupid decisions. Again.

And the terrible dialogue.

I'm not really sure why I continue to watch this.

hermitical

Lost Oliver

Can I be arsed with this shit or should I put it out of my mind and watch something that I might actually enjoy? Or is it worth watching for that one episode out of eight that's alright. Ah! What do I do?

phantom_power

It is so mechanical sometimes. Idiot vicar has to wait until Rick has gone before he gets in his car so he can see cowardly George Carlin and try to save him. He then gets double-crossed because he is an idiot and managed to stumble through a hoarde of zombies to end up in the same place as....Negan obviously, who failed to be shot despite being out in the open for many minutes.

Meanwhile Daryl attracts the walker hoarde by shooting exploding barrels and the walkers seem to be travelling only slightly slower than his motorbike

AsparagusTrevor

"Only one person has got to die"... kills several people in cold-blood in a murder montage.

Yeah it was a bit pointless and daft wasn't it. Realistically the conflict would've been over in seconds of Negan walking out. They're gonna drag it out though and keep creating silly ways for bullets to curve around people.

On the plus side, no trashbastards.

Bazooka

Oh dear or dear (said in the voice of The Chuckle Brothers)

The show has really lost its way, almost reminiscent of the great writers strike of 2007/08. The show just isn't gritty anymore, this episode went full A-team. Budget is clearly a huge issue, CGI zombie when there doesn't need to be one (the scene where Rick shanks that guy who says "your son is going to die", 10 minutes later a very poor CGI car explosion, was half expecting that CGI Deer to walk out behind Negan.

The sense of dread created by either human adversaries or the fucking zombies has been obliterated. 20 people firing guns into a building with nobody firing back hardly creates any tension does it?

The majority of the best characters are dead,no Merls, Tyreses, and arguably the better actors are no longer around. Characters like Father Gabriel (big love hence my avatar) are now just back ground nonsense. Nobody can shoot for shit anymore, simply to prolong the plot. Andrew Lincoln must be being paid a million trillion dollars an episode, so they make these shitty melodramatic scenes with Rick as old man Parsons, nobody gives a shit.

Such a shame, rant over.

phantom_power

I agree with a lot of what you say but I think them firing into the building was just time-wasting and distraction until they knocked the gates down and the zombie horde came in.

Malcy

Nice that they seem to have an unlimited amount of ammo. The ending was a bit lost on me as i can't remember stuff that happened last series never mind years ago.

wooders1978

Joe does that bloody tiger know who to attack or not ? Bloody daft

Bazooka

Bloody abysmal, the one program I look forward to watching every year has actually been surpassed in quality by the writers and directors of Hollyoaks.

Infinite bullets, extras slowly laying down during  a shoot out scene, Morgan going terminator (we get it Morgan is conflicted, but it's boring 8 series in), Jesus was interesting in conception but now boring, Tara boring, Carol and the King boring no point. And to top it off to really demonstrate Andrew Lincoln's fee is killing the show, they actually green screen him walking down a corridor.

If I wasn't on my phone I would rant further, shocking really how far it has fallen.

Konki

Quote from: Malcy on October 30, 2017, 02:47:34 PM
Nice that they seem to have an unlimited amount of ammo. The ending was a bit lost on me as i can't remember stuff that happened last series never mind years ago.

I think the chap at the end might be a cop buddy from 'before'. They mentioned knowing each other back in Atlanta.

Golden E. Pump

The guy at the end was Morales from season one. He was part of the initial group in Atlanta but left after a few episodes with his family instead of going to the CDC with the rest of the group.

The confusing part of the episode was just where Rick and Daryl were. Had we seen that place before? It didn't really explain. Tara and Jesus were at the satellite outpost from season six and Ezekiel and Carol were pursuing some guy through the woods to stop him from telling the others; how the other Saviours don't know they're under attack is beyond me though.

Confusing episode but some pretty good action. I'm not viewing this series as anything more than a mindless fun comic book adaptation now and I still quite enjoy it. I preferred that episode to something like Games of Thrones season 7 episode 6.

Konki

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on October 30, 2017, 10:21:40 PM
The guy at the end was Morales from season one. He was part of the initial group in Atlanta but left after a few episodes with his family instead of going to the CDC with the rest of the group.

Crikey! I'm impressed.

Not by the show, by your memory. Definitely not by the show. Just want to make that crystal.

Golden E. Pump

I'm good with things like that. I wish that remembering obscure subplots in TV shows actually had a use!

wooders1978

Are you sure you didn't google it?
J'accuse!!

Anyway - bit shit alround but it looks like hurry might, hopefully, go away with all our war in the first 3 or so episodes, it's not really hitting the mark - I am also slightly concerned we haven't seen the god awful trash folk yet either, I am sure they'll get at least an episodes worth out of them, whereas just forgetting them and the fact they exist would be fine by me

King Ezekiel is pony
Rick and Morgan the only good things in this now

Ooft!! What a load of pish that episode was, seriously!  Constant rattling of firearms, continuation of episode 1, with a smattering of shit dialogue. It has really not been very true for to a good start this series at all. Is it a case of AL and JDM's wages eating into the budget then? If so then the show is doomed as the story is more important than high paid actors and CGI in the end.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on October 30, 2017, 10:21:40 PMThe confusing part of the episode was just where Rick and Daryl were. Had we seen that place before? It didn't really explain.

They implied that place was where Daryl was being held prisoner last season. However it seemed like they ballsed the continuity up as last season he was being held in the main Saviour compound.

Spiteface

Says something this thread hasn't even got to page 2.

Who gave a shit about Morales from season 1 anyway?

Gulftastic

Just how many saviours are there? They've killed loads.

Lost Oliver

Just to let you know lads that I've officially given up on it and am not missing it in the slightest. Just in case there were others out there who felt like it wasn't possible to just get up and leave, it is.